Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Morrowind 20th Anniversary. We need a special Vvardenfell update!

FootprintsInTheAsh
FootprintsInTheAsh
✭✭✭
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 20th anniversary is coming (May 2022)!
I hope to see something really special in ESO for this event. Not only double reward boxes for zone daily quests, etc.

I guess ZoS will do something interesting for this anniversary, but now I'm interested to know what other players who still remember TES III think about it.

What updates related to TES III would you like to see?
What ideas do you have?

A couple of my ideas as an example:
  • Yagrum Bagarn storyline.
  • The Sixth House quests. Make Kogoruhn Great Again!
  • Playable Sheogorad region*.
  • Berne and Aundae storylines to show the difference between the vampire clans from different TES series
  • Cliff racers everywhere! Behold the true HM!

*It's so close... :smile:
uzhLF1H.png
Edited by FootprintsInTheAsh on June 15, 2021 2:57AM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

None, tbh, even though Morrowind is one of my favorite games of all time.

They've been milking our nostalgia for the old games far too much already. It's time for some new and original stuff.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

They've been milking our nostalgia for the old games far too much already. It's time for some new and original stuff.

Yeah. With you there man.
  • FootprintsInTheAsh
    FootprintsInTheAsh
    ✭✭✭

I like it when ZoS milking my nostalgia if they do it using TES III content! :) This is the main and only reason why I started playing ESO when they published the Morrowind chapter (although I really like new content like Clockwork City or Murkmire). For me this is not just milking, but a way to preserve the legacy of old games.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with getting another bridge between TES series. Especially if we have a good occasion like 20th anniversary of Morrowind and still unfinished Vvardenfell locations like Sheogorad region.
    Edited by FootprintsInTheAsh on June 15, 2021 4:47AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they'll do anything major for Morrowind since the Zone is over and done with. Maybe they'll finally put Tel Galen back up in the Crown Store since it's a hot request and it missed the Tribunal celebration, but I doubt we'll see anything more than that. We did just have an event there so we're not even getting an event.

Though if you asked me, my preferred Morrowind anniversary thing would be a full remake of TES:III with updated graphics (and legit combat instead of the dice rolls). I'd love to go back to that, and the Morrowind stuff they put in ESO seriously triggered my nostalgia.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimming
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt they'll do anything major for Morrowind since the Zone is over and done with. Maybe they'll finally put Tel Galen back up in the Crown Store since it's a hot request and it missed the Tribunal celebration, but I doubt we'll see anything more than that. We did just have an event there so we're not even getting an event.

Though if you asked me, my preferred Morrowind anniversary thing would be a full remake of TES:III with updated graphics (and legit combat instead of the dice rolls). I'd love to go back to that, and the Morrowind stuff they put in ESO seriously triggered my nostalgia.

This. A revamp of TES 3 graphics and gameplay without the bizarre combat logic.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone gets a giant bear following them everywhere they go! It can't be unsummoned and does not attack or be attacked while doing what a bear does!
  • manglerius
    manglerius
    Soul Shriven

I came here to agree but damn it if I don't agree with this MORE
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually prefer getting Skywind instead, eso wouldn't make anything special probably. At the very maximum a new morrowind inspired outfit style for an event and some clown store returns.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen for sale for 50% off
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All non dark elves get called N'Wah all day
    Soupy twist
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    All non dark elves get called N'Wah all day

Should be default for years.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Skywind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIU21A8cv5w

While there is still all of Eastern Morrowind to do - I agree with the others that I want something NEW. The Orsinium DLC was way better than Morrowind chapter imo - and it was refreshing. (Also CWC was a favorite of mine)

I don't want to see Shivering Isles, Morrowind, or even Skyrim for a couple of years. I want to see more of Hammerfell and Peryite. I don't want more nostalgia - I want ESO to introduce new things

Since we've had Murkmire and Blackwood we're going to have to wait sometime before we get more Black Marsh :(
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walking Silt Strider.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telvanni Península and give Almalexia a try to show her little kindness.
    We still don’t know her point of view (and I’m still waiting for a statue of her).
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 20th anniversary is coming (May 2022)!
    I hope to see something really special in ESO for this event. Not only double reward boxes for zone daily quests, etc.

I guess ZoS will do something interesting for this anniversary, but now I'm interested to know what other players who still remember TES III think about it.

What ideas do you have?

A couple of my ideas as an example:
    • Yagrum Bagarn storyline.
    • The Sixth House quests. Make Kogoruhn Great Again!
    • Playable Sheogorad region*.
    • Berne and Aundae storylines to show the difference between the vampire clans from different TES series
    • Cliff racers everywhere! Behold the true HM!

*It's so close... :smile:
    uzhLF1H.png

Id rather they update the low res ugly texture vanilla game. sorcerer conjured pets look awfull up close.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • aranarthov
    aranarthov
    ✭✭

There are still other parts of Morrowind they haven't done yet. The modern-day capital of Morrowind is the city of Blacklight which we're yet to see. Also, considering where the last number of new zones have been, they'll have to go back there soon. I think Hammerfell deserves the next chapter because there's a huge section of that yet to do but after that, I think they'll go back to Morrowind.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no.

Enough nostalgia. No more Dunmer or Nords or rehashing of past ‘glories’.
  • FootprintsInTheAsh
    FootprintsInTheAsh
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm convinced.

ZoS, don't use our nostalgia anymore and stop development of this game immediately, because all ESO locations have already been used in The Elder Scrolls: Arena. Even dungeons like Crypt of Hearts or Selene's Web has been featured in Arena only 27 years ago. You had to wait at least a hundred years before using it again.

auq0Z7c.png

So we need a new continent at least.
    But the new planet and spaceships would be the best choice.

The Elder Star Wars: "In space no one can hear you scream, n'wah"
    Edited by FootprintsInTheAsh on June 16, 2021 1:34PM
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who never got to play Morrowind, I'd just ask that they do a remastered Morrowind similar to what they did with Skyrim.