The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Request: Premade pathing for houseguests

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I always prefer it when followers act naturally in games, and don’t hover around awkwardly, breathing down my neck at all times. The Skyrim mod “Followers Can Relax” is a good example.

I want the same in ESO housing. I like the idea of Houseguests, pets, and Companions making my homes feel more alive. But I’m not into spending time manually creating and editing a path for each one. There are also limitations, like not being able to have them sit, or eat, or any of the activities we see NPCs do in the game world.

I’d love it if each house had a pre-programmed pathing or two, that you could place a houseguest, pet, or mount into and it would act like NPC AI. This would be in addition to letting people create their own paths and nodes if desired.

Thoughts?
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes, these are the thoughts that occupy my mind now that I’ve stopped pvp completely.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premade paths wouldn't really work seeing as how people all have different designs for their homes, not everyone places their furniture the same...

but adding idle markers would be nice, something you can place in various spot to have them do something
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein