The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

UI error message I can't relate to an addon

danno8
danno8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there!

Since the drop of Blackwood I have been getting this error message:

Control [ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth] already has two anchors, adding another will have no effect.

It always comes in two messages at a time and it has no root addon attached to the error message so I can't tell if it is an addon problem or something else. It doesn't seem to have any effect on gameplay and I haven't found any disfunction in any addons I use that can be attributed to the error message. I have not been able to attribute any action I take to it either, making it difficult to reproduce, and yet it happens every session within about 10 minutes of playing.

Before I go and try to disable all my addons and reenable them to try and find the culprit (which would be arduous considering I can't make the error happen on command) I thought I would post here to see if anyone has any insights.

Thanks!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable all addons and you'll see if it's addon related :)

Use a text editor like Notepad++ (free and great text editor!), menu Search->Search in files -> specify your live/AddOns folder and search for the string
    ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth
    or AttributeHealth
    or similar

Maybe you will find the addon/addons playing around with this control and thus find the causing addons then.

It got to do with the healtha ttribut bar so it's something that changes the attribute bars on your UI, like Azurah, or any other UI related addon. i'd search the addon comments of the ones you got installed first over at www.esoui.com
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Disable all addons and you'll see if it's addon related :)

Use a text editor like Notepad++ (free and great text editor!), menu Search->Search in files -> specify your live/AddOns folder and search for the string
    ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth
    or AttributeHealth
    or similar

Maybe you will find the addon/addons playing around with this control and thus find the causing addons then.

It got to do with the healtha ttribut bar so it's something that changes the attribute bars on your UI, like Azurah, or any other UI related addon. i'd search the addon comments of the ones you got installed first over at www.esoui.com

Thank, that's helpful! I use LUI for my resource bars so maybe that's the one. I'll post back if I find something.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is the results of the Notepad search:

Search "ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth" (18 hits in 4 files of 7086 searched)
    C:\Users\danmo\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ActionDurationReminder\src\Patch.lua (1 hit)
    Line 90: hb = ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth,

C:\Users\danmo\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\LuiExtended\modules\SpellCastBuffs\SpellCastBuffs.lua (3 hits)
    Line 928: uiTlw.playerb:SetAnchor( BOTTOM, ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth, TOP, 0, -10 )
    Line 937: uiTlw.playerd:SetAnchor( BOTTOM, ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth, TOP, 0, -60 )
    Line 971: uiTlw.player_long:SetAnchor( BOTTOM, ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth, TOP, 0, -70 )

C:\Users\danmo\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\LuiExtended\modules\UnitFrames\UnitFrames.lua (12 hits)
    Line 578: [POWERTYPE_HEALTH] = ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth,
    Line 1524: local isValidAnchor, point, relativeTo, relativePoint, offsetX, offsetY = ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:GetAnchor()
    Line 1543: ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:ClearAnchors()
    Line 1544: ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:SetAnchor( defaultPos.health[1], defaultPos.health[2], defaultPos.health[3], defaultPos.health[4], defaultPos.health[5] - UnitFrames.SV.RepositionFramesAdjust )
    Line 1561: ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:ClearAnchors()
    Line 1562: ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:SetAnchor( BOTTOM, ActionButton5, TOP, 0, -47 - UnitFrames.SV.RepositionFramesAdjust )
    Line 1564: ZO_PlayerAttributeMagicka:SetAnchor( TOPRIGHT, ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth, BOTTOM, -1, 2 )
    Line 1566: ZO_PlayerAttributeStamina:SetAnchor( TOPLEFT, ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth, BOTTOM, 1, 2 )
    Line 1569: ZO_PlayerAttributeSiegeHealth:SetAnchor( CENTER, ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth, CENTER, 300, 0 )
    Line 1571: ZO_RAM.control:SetAnchor( BOTTOM, ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth, TOP, 300, 0 )
    Line 1741: ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth.playerAttributeBarObject.timeline:GetAnimation():SetAlphaValues(min_value, max_value)
    Line 1746: ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:SetAlpha(inCombat and max_value or min_value)

C:\Users\danmo\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\***\***.lua (2 hits)
    Line 877: ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:SetAnchor( TOP, GuiRoot, TOP,
    Line 4242: HealthTop = ZO_PlayerAttributeHealth:GetTop(),

So it's either The Elder Bar, Lui Extended or ADR.