The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EHT 1738 - Books now look normal again, but Text is messed up and star field animations are abnormal

MageCatF4F
MageCatF4F
✭✭✭✭
I am having trouble with these FX in version 1738. Also, "Actions" are not working right. Not the way they used to work. At least not for me. Maybe no one else has any problem with them. You can do bog standard stuff with them but the tricks don't quite work anymore.

The text mess could be a scale issue. Text looked normal (for me) in 1737 but now looks like a mess in 1738. The animated star fields look sparse, like most of the effect is missing. It was missing like that in 1737 also, but was normal looking back in 1726.

I was happy as a clam with EHT until this "17" series. As always, the problems could be on my end, but I discovered the corrupted books in 1737 independently, and that was valid.

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @MageCatF4F best way to let cardi know this stuff is an in game mail on na if you can, a report on the esoui webpage for the app, or contacting me, as I can forward to him with screenshots. Do you have any screenies of the new issue?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are screenshots before and after. It would help I guess if I had the right NAME for the animations - the INTERSTELLAR SPACE graphics are messed up - both of them.

Text and INTERSTELLAR SPACE From Version 1726 (the way it should look):

r2gwwl4k3dtk.png
    0shkb0ixzvvy.png

And The way it looks in Version 1738 (Note almost no stars and garbled text, the version ID appears in the panel)
    INTERSTELLAR SPACE, WARP DRIVE is messed up also as you can see - almost no stars

76ngjutrmua5.png
    9dtkajp9u8s5.png

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thank you! I'll get these to Cardi.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

Also the "Cntrl click for small adjustments" function when positioning FX doesn't work for for me in two directions.
    It works in the other two directions.

Is anyone else using EHT or am I the only one finding bugs?
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding my portal machine is screwing up, so that the text is all displaying at once, when they should be linked to a light source and also the text is much bigger than it should be. This looks similar to the screenshot above.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, others are finding this one @MageCatF4F - it's been sent to cardi. Thanks for letting us know.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interstellar space - only a few stars
    Interstellar space warp drive - only a few stars.
    Window Night Sky - only a few stars

Some other odd things but I'm sure you already found them.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @MageCatF4F new update available on minion fixes the text, I'm pretty sure he's working on the star fields too. Thanks for reporting it!

PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    1739 is the new update. Yes, text fixed.

The oddities I hinted at above (in 1739) involve "sonar rings" and "whirlpool". When you place them they are invisible. Moving them even slightly left, right, up, down, forward or back unhides them.

But when you zone out and then back in to your house they are invisible again, And, yes, if you move them at all they are unhidden again.

No I am not drunk or taking hard drugs. I will not be looking for any more bugs because I want to play the game for a while. You seem to be close to the developers so if you feel like it ask them what the blazes is going on with the 17's? I have never seen such a cluster of weird bugs in EHT, and I have used it a lot almost since the start.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »
    1739 is the new update. Yes, text fixed.

The oddities I hinted at above (in 1739) involve "sonar rings" and "whirlpool". When you place them they are invisible. Moving them even slightly left, right, up, down, forward or back unhides them.

But when you zone out and then back in to your house they are invisible again, And, yes, if you move them at all they are unhidden again.

No I am not drunk or taking hard drugs. I will not be looking for any more bugs because I want to play the game for a while. You seem to be close to the developers so if you feel like it ask them what the blazes is going on with the 17's? I have never seen such a cluster of weird bugs in EHT, and I have used it a lot almost since the start.

The problem is cardi works for zos and therefore is a very busy guy! (As is everybody who works for zos… or any game company!) He used to do this alone, but when he was hired by zos, he had to bring on architectura, who is still learning. And cardi is mentoring them. I don’t know arch well but I know they are trying. But please have patience with eht - it’s a volunteer project done with love. Your patience and support of the program by reporting these problems does matter, to them and to me. I know it’s had trouble but I’m working on a beta test system with the two of them when things get a little less crazy in their world. I’ll keep everyone updated on that.
    Edited by StabbityDoom on June 15, 2021 4:03AM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Sigh*

Paintings become invisible also. Move them slightly and you are good until you leave the house.

I was going to enter the JHartEllis contest but I should scrap that idea since everything in my entry depends on EHT.

A beta test program would be super. Hope that gets going. Thanks for your good work.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *Sigh*

Paintings become invisible also. Move them slightly and you are good until you leave the house.

I was going to enter the JHartEllis contest but I should scrap that idea since everything in my entry depends on EHT.

A beta test program would be super. Hope that gets going. Thanks for your good work.

You can downgrade to a previous version that won't have any problems with fx for now
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that FX texts are messing up right now. Also the colours are missing: I can't change the text colour as before.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that FX texts are messing up right now. Also the colours are missing: I can't change the text colour as before.

thanks Rishi. I'll pass that on too.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks Rishi. I'll pass that on too.

Wait Stabbity ! This afternoon I went to my Chistmas House visiting, and I saw a perfect text. Yesterday it wasn't like that. Maybe Cardi worked on this :-)
    mqrz1sdep827.png
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Sigh*

You can downgrade to a previous version that won't have any problems with fx for now

Yep. For personal use that's what I do. For contests what matters is the version the judge is using.

Not a big deal. My idea was pretty stupid.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the contrary, the INTERSTELLAR SPACE seems to be still bugged. Very few stars and too much black.
    e8efyiqd4m0h.png
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the contrary, the INTERSTELLAR SPACE seems to be still bugged. Very few stars and too much black.
    e8efyiqd4m0h.png

Actually cardi told me this morning that he was asked to reduce the stars by a user. His answer was in response to@magecatf4f ‘s complaint, just know he’s listening to us. Im not sure how he’ll answer this, though. Maybe two versions?
    Edited by StabbityDoom on June 15, 2021 5:26PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *Sigh*

Yep. For personal use that's what I do. For contests what matters is the version the judge is using.

Not a big deal. My idea was pretty stupid.

That’s true, but if it’s jhart I would ask him to downgrade if the fx still aren’t working right. He’s totally cool like that. FYI @jhartellis if fx are buggy you might need to downgrade before contest.

Besides, I’m sure your idea isn’t stupid. Enter!
    Edited by StabbityDoom on June 15, 2021 5:27PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's interesting. The reduced star count in interstellar is more realistic for say - earth night sky. Humans can see to about 6th magnitude (apparent mag). It looks kind of dull however.

Viewed from the center of a globular star cluster the night sky would look more like the originals.

Also from the standpoint of a space opera the fuller star count is appealing. That's subjective of course.