The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO is bogging down my CPU at 33% use I cannot enter text

Ulfson
Ulfson
✭✭✭
Since the update I have found my computer (i7-6700k 4GHz, 32GB, RTX2060) gets slowed to the point that I cannot use Edge or Chrome to lookup game info while the game is running. This is not constant or repeatable. But it happens every time I play at some time and I have to exit the game to stop the lag. The biggest sysmptom is that I cannot type text into any dialog box as the text input is choked and can take 2-10 sec to update the text entry box. This means I cannot effectively enter text into any non-game related app or dialog box.
Does anyone else see this?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ulfson

The troubleshooting in the link below may help with the CPU usage and performance issues.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I just had this happen again. This time I noticed that it was when I was not logged in to the game but the loging screen was open. This shows the task manager.
    k2aa5v49tsx0.jpg
    Closing the eso login screen unclogged the system.
    My NVIDIA drivers are ver 466.77 06/10/21.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to follow the list and found one problem.
    In "In addition, you should ensure your video driver is selecting the correct GPU for ESO by opening either the NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Radeon Settings and ensuring that ESO64.exe is making use of your primary GPU." I found that in NVIDIA checking step 5 "In the "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" option, open the drop-down menu and select High-performance NVIDIA processor and confirm." Does not exist in my drivers. That seems troubling.
    It looks like the GPU0 is extrememly busy when I am not logged in. I see no evidence as to what it is up to.
    Does the megaserver concept use my GPU0?
    FYI, I had exited the ESO startup/download screen so only the login was running.
    Options
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    More info. Every time I park the game the GPU0 use hits 100%.
    At startup before login the login screen uses 16-36% of CPU0.
    If I hit the widnows key to park the game the login screen GPU0 hits 100%
    Every time I park the game or the login screen my GPU0 use goes to 95-100%.

I cannot park the game to lookup things.
    Options
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    FIXED

Windows / Settings / System / Display / Graphics settings
    gjjz2sed9zwb.jpg

Hardware-accelerated GPU sheduling MUST BE ON

Mine somehow went to Off a few weeks ago.
    The only place I had this problem is in the eso64.exe client. May be my fault or Microsofts or any automatic update.
    IMHO, as these types of settings have become more automatic they are automatically doing strange things.

My hint for what to look for was in the ESO help screen I mentioned above that did not have the GPU option.
    I searched for anywhere the GPU loading could be set.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update on your performance issue. With the resolution for the issue found, we will now be closing out this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.