The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To Tanzelwil quest bug help

Mattpux
Mattpux
Soul Shriven
I went to the location marked for this quest to find the caravan and prince Naemon, however there are 4 NPC guards and nobody else. No queen or prince. I have tried logging out and back in (even waited a day), reloadui, repair game files and I then abandoned the quest, which made things worse as the queen will not give me the quest again. I should also point out I do not use any addons or mods. Customer support have been completely useless as apparently they cannot give me the quest again? Surprising as they created the whole game but whatever. Anyone have any suggestions? 1
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 10, 2021 4:44PM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the queen is further down towards the ruins (although it's been a while). As I recall you hand in the previous link quest to one of the npc's next to the wagon who directs you to speak with the queen further down into the ruins. There's also a secondary quest you can pick up from a priest nearby, too, close to where you'd speak to the queen.

I'm not sure if that quest is shareable but alternatively, if it is, then you could group with someone who has the quest already and they could maybe share it with your character?

Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support definitely didn’t create the game. The people who respond to your tickets initially are hired specifically to deal with what limited things they can and then escalate issues if you insist they aren’t resolved. A lot of the time they will just stop answering after enough back and forth. They also claim they have no contact with the devs, so it seems they just pass it on if an issue is out of their scope. They are not the devs themselves.

If you have the quest in your log but haven’t yet finished In the Name of the Queen (the main Tanzelwil quest), try dropping it and picking it back up.

If you have at any point completed In the Name of the Queen, however, you will not be able to complete “To Tanzelwil.” That’s because it is a quest that directs you from A Hostile Situation to In the Name of the Queen, and if you’ve done the latter then “To Tanzelwil” serves no purpose and can’t be started or (if already started) finished. In this particular case the NPC to whom you would have to turn it in is...indisposed. But all “to X” link quests like this work the same way: they must be done before the next main quest in line.
    Options