The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Give us Deathmatch Queue Please

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have no interest in any other game modes and only want to focus on killing players. Please ZOS, give us an only Deathmatch Queue. If the population is split and one or the other game modes dies off... then so be it. Let the community decide what it wants to play. Please listen to us and just give us what we want.

I can farm objective players all day long and ruin their experience over and over again. Why are you making us go through all this pain.
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 9, 2021 12:29PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate deathmatch BUT i do agree with this!

give us deathmatch.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “No”
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or at least make kills count in other BG modes so people actually have to fight instead of running away and flipping flags all day, calling it "PvP"
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “No”

Seconded as it would mean no more group queue. So absolutely 'ell no.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “No”

Why not? You don’t like choice?
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    “No”

Seconded as it would mean no more group queue. So absolutely 'ell no.

Deathmatch only queue doesn’t mean the elimination of a group queue.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should but it looks like they dont care about PvP.

PvE players are happy with this. Fast queues, walk around in a circle and get some AP if they want to unlock a skill. Why will you want to change it?

On the hand if the dungeons finder was only a random dungeon, you will see how unhappy are the players when they do not have a choice.
    Because I can!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if you are fighting a kahjit in all stealth gear who won’t come out of stealth, and you do not have any means of extra detection?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    What happens if you are fighting a kahjit in all stealth gear who won’t come out of stealth, and you do not have any means of extra detection?

That is easy, you will show him the skooma and he will reveal himself!
    Because I can!
  • FreeMaN_A
    FreeMaN_A
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, give them DM queue plz. I am tired of teammates who just kills players instead of doing objective.
    Bashev wrote: »
    They should but it looks like they dont care about PvP.

Yes, and that`s why they killed proc sets in PvE because of PvP
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can’t wait to continue focusing on getting kills in BGS and having team mates who run from flag to flag and refuse to help me kill things.
    Edited by Skoomah on June 9, 2021 12:11PM
  • bantamguar
    bantamguar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please.

What baffles me is the people who disagree and say "there wouldn't be enough people in non-DM queue" yet complain when they get players that have 0 interest in the game mode.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bantamguar wrote: »
    Yes, please.

What baffles me is the people who disagree and say "there wouldn't be enough people in non-DM queue" yet complain when they get players that have 0 interest in the game mode.

I can’t wait for another 20 minute queue for a game to last 4 minutes because someone goes and turns in relics while 11 other players focus on death matching the game.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    bantamguar wrote: »
    Yes, please.

Lol i even tought I wrote that myself XD
    Yes please... A DM queue is much less work than fixing cyro lol
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's keep bringing this up, hopefully ZOS will cave in one day. Who know, maybe this is already in the works.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread and similar ones are the single most important issues on the battleground forums. This game isn't fun when you are forced to play something you don't want to. It ruins the game experience for everyone, both objective players and deathmatch players.

Deathmatch needs to be selectable!
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • DangOlMeatball
    DangOlMeatball
    Soul Shriven
    This year is perfect for QOL changes like this, since they're not adding any new systems that would take up the majority of their resources for the year or anything... *Looks over at his useless companions*

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm tired of wasting my queues on stupid game modes
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, give us option to choose either Deathmatch and the other option could be random between all other modes.

I see how they made that really easy and attractive with the daily rewards etc for casual players just to hop in bgs get some fast AP on some objectives pve modes, very casual , they dont even switch from pve gear to pvp, you can tell when they have 16k-22k health.

It's like if you were to queue in vet dungeon DLC with some pvp gear, and make your group wipe because you just dont have the dps. *vote KicK Button* too bad it doesnt exist in bgs

What's beyond me is, the mmr match players together with years of experience difference. You with 7 pvp years of experience can be mixxed with a brand new player ( 1-2 month pvp experienced player ) and zOS think that by putting a high mmr player with a low will balances out and make 'fair' teams , but that's not true at all. In a deathmatch, these low mmr players will have a really bad experience against the high mmr players that will just farm them. I think it's just because we are lacking numbers queuing up so they have no choice to mix us with whoever is queing at the moment, sad.
    Edited by quickblade418 on June 12, 2021 4:10PM
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will continue to treat every mode like its deathmatch untill this happens.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither side is getting what they want right now.

Want to PvP? Sorry, your team just wants to run from flag to flag. If a fight breaks out, they run away as fast as they can, so you have to run away too or fight outnumbered.

Want to focus objectives? That's gonna be tough when half your team is uninterested and just wants to PvP.

I see arguments in group chat about this almost every match. Particularly in the solo Q. Premades are usually on the same page.. ignore the objective. For this reason, at the very least I think group Q should be made selectable. Or just delete all non-Deathmatch modes from the group Q. Would probably be few complaints there.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on June 14, 2021 1:42PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The devs need to react to the player base if those players are not using the mode as intended. This isn't outcry like the kilt wader farm, and it's been going on for too long already.

Of all the modes/set ups since BGs came out, this is the worst iteration yet. My desire to play BGs is the lowest its ever been, and I feel sorry for newer players grinding a random que for motifs or titles.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    No, i like doing objectives. Gives healers and tanks way more purpose, complimenting each of their roles with the damage dealers.

Bigger need of strategy and basic coordination too, which is what a team game should be about. Specific queues split the player base further, requiring very little adaptability. On an example that would be at the opposite end of the spectrum, imagine an extremely tanky player with an entire chaosball dedicated set only queueing for chaosball, for instance. Having the chance to be randomly queued to be in a DM match keeps that selfish tank in check, in his otherwise insta-win build.

To me, just seems like people are upset that they need to get off cloak to capture the point. Why so entitled to win every match, to perform every role flawlessly? If you don't like playing BG then... well.. don't play it?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, i like doing objectives. Gives healers and tanks way more purpose, complimenting each of their roles with the damage dealers.

Bigger need of strategy and basic coordination too, which is what a team game should be about. Specific queues split the player base further, requiring very little adaptability. On an example that would be at the opposite end of the spectrum, imagine an extremely tanky player with an entire chaosball dedicated set only queueing for chaosball, for instance. Having the chance to be randomly queued to be in a DM match keeps that selfish tank in check, in his otherwise insta-win build.

To me, just seems like people are upset that they need to get off cloak to capture the point. Why so entitled to win every match, to perform every role flawlessly? If you don't like playing BG then... well.. don't play it?

So you want to tell me that you enjoy playing objectives while the half of your team is doing something else? Or you queue with a premade group to do objectives and you get easy wins while the half of the players form the other group just DM?

I really dont get, right now there is no fun for both sides. Only people who can take advantage for easy wins could be somehow satisficed even that it does not matter if win or dont.
    Because I can!
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only person that benefits from this current set up are folks that are queue'ing in to leech off their team mates to get their daily rewards done.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many objectives force the group to split to be successful. Is this how you see "gives healers way more purpose"? Healing yourself protecting the flag, or healing that one guy near you instead of full group?

Tanks, yes, they gain purpose. VERY BORING PURPOSE.
    Seriously, when you could choose relic/ball back in the days, I remember how broken it was to bring harbinger tank there. Sometimes I just took the relic in the face of 4man team and brought it back solo.
    THIS IS OBJECTIVES META. It is fun for like.. 3 hours. And I play BGs for more that a year for sure.
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    So you want to tell me that you enjoy playing objectives while the half of your team is doing something else? Or you queue with a premade group to do objectives and you get easy wins while the half of the players form the other group just DM
    No, i don't enjoy a team that's completely uncoordinated, that neither happens as often as you make it sound (even with randoms). Why is it so hard to do the objectives? Why queue if you're gonna purposefully ignore the rules of the game? If everyone did their job that wouldn't happen. Still all sounds pretty spoiled talk to me.
    divnyi wrote: »
    Tanks, yes, they gain purpose. VERY BORING PURPOSE.
    Seriously, when you could choose relic/ball back in the days, I remember how broken it was to bring harbinger tank there. Sometimes I just took the relic in the face of 4man team and brought it back solo.
    THIS IS OBJECTIVES META. It is fun for like.. 3 hours. And I play BGs for more that a year for sure.
    "Boring" is a very subjective term. Are you unable to stand still for 10 seconds to capture a point? That's still less time spent horse racing in Cyro, that's for sure. Is killing other players the only way you can have fun? Sneaking into enemies relic or defending a 3 man push into ours is still very fun to me. There will always be a meta for everything. I stand with my point.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All the "insta win" selfish tank has to do is switch to sets that work best with that match type. Forced random keeps nothing in check but fun.
    I haven't brought my healer in BGs since non DM random teammates lose coordination and I end up getting Xv1 by enemies with nobody around to heal but myself.
    I'd really like the "Chaos Keeper" title, but I don't get chaosball games often enough in the random que to stay invested in the grind.
    Some motifs are only awarded from certain game modes, adding an extra layer of RNG to existing RNG, yay.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, i don't enjoy a team that's completely uncoordinated, that neither happens as often as you make it sound (even with randoms). Why is it so hard to do the objectives? Why queue if you're gonna purposefully ignore the rules of the game? If everyone did their job that wouldn't happen. Still all sounds pretty spoiled talk to me.

It is not hard, actually it is extremely easy but it is not something that normal PvP players enjoy in a mode with 3 teams because in all capture games except Chaos Ball it is better if you avoid PvP.

Why I queue? Because I want to have somehow fair fights and fight the same number of players. In Cyro I could spend 1 hour in order to find a fight in which the team size is somehow balanced. In the BGs when I was able to queue for DM i could have that fight non stop when the queues worked. Sadly they were broken for a long time back in the days.
    Edited by Bashev on June 15, 2021 10:00PM
    Because I can!