The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leyawiin Furniture Plans and You!

Necrosaro_123
Necrosaro_123
✭✭✭
Have you ever wounder where to find them?. If you do, let me help you!, Here are the great places to find them:
Not owned containers:
  • Councilor Sophus House next to Leyawiin
  • Az-Liurz's House, south of Leyawiin. Near the river and next to the sea
  • Backpacks near the entrance of most Caves
  • Inside the Doomvaullt Porcixis

Owned containers:
  • Leyawiin Castle
  • Magues Guild
  • Fighters Guild
  • Bank
  • Inn
  • The house near the Outlaw Refuge (south of it, inside Leyawiin)
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Another not owned house: Argonian Murkmire house near Ojel-Bak
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost all Leyawiin buildings are accessible and there are really a lot of big mansions when you can steal and steal (I checked all buildings in city). I was surprised that ZOS make so many mansions and houses, which is nice. Didn't check Gideon (just 2 buildings so far) but there is also a lot of containers. So this year it's better than Greymoor, but so far I had a lot of green ones recipes, maybe 1 or 2 blue and 0 purple.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    The problem i see, is that we no longer have a treasure vault like Nchunthkarst (Public Dungeon in Western Skyrim). There is such a lack of unowned containers on Blackwood, that i found it hard to farm some of the plans.

No luck so far on purple Leyawiin plans.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but there are a lot owned but very poorly guarded containers. Castle is very easy - in many rooms we have 1 person for area, easy killable and you are in area with open access so you freely run, check cointaners and hide only when you see something good. It's even better than Greymoor dungeons with tons of urns with trash - there at least I can make some money. Also there is so many other buildings, so farming is less boring and repeative :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    One of the main problems i have found with owned containers, is their high drop rate of "Treasures". These drops takes the place of a Furniture plan and the change to get purple ones. I learned this with Alinor furniture and started farming the Monastery in Shimerine and Direnni Acropolis, instead of Alinor owned containers.

So far, my luck for Leyawiin is that most of the Blue drops came from the unowned backpacks, cabinets and nightstands.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theres a cooldown on getting blueprints, right? 20 minutes or something? I think someone told me that last year when they took us to the public dungeon In Blackreach to farm containers.
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Theres a cooldown on getting blueprints, right? 20 minutes or something? I think someone told me that last year when they took us to the public dungeon In Blackreach to farm containers.

Wrong. This is a myth. I have already test it myself and manage to get 1 purple after another in Western Skyrim Public Dungeon. The real problem is the drop rate.
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    Councilor Jirich's Manor has about 20 unowned containers. However in order to enter the manor you have to complete the first few of steps of the quest "A Deadly Secret." You can still enter the manor after moving on in the quest.
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Councilor Jirich's Manor has about 20 unowned containers. However in order to enter the manor you have to complete the first few of steps of the quest "A Deadly Secret." You can still enter the manor after moving on in the quest.

Thanks for the tip, but if i remember correctly, this house containers are "empty" by default....or maybe im wrong?
  • BaldingBoldrick
    BaldingBoldrick
    Soul Shriven
    Jirich's Manor containers have practically all been full the six times I've farmed it so far since release on xbox, found countless greens, strangely no blues and one purple which was "Design: Leyawiin serving pot, Lobster stew"...which is apparently worth 800k 😂
    Edited by BaldingBoldrick on June 10, 2021 12:22AM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm... I tried entering the house again after I'd done the quests 'A Deadly Secret' and (I think*) ' An Unexpected Adversary' and I don't have access to it anymore. I'll check again today - maybe my char was in the wrong position or I was too tired and missed something.

* I can't remember if I'd finished the second story quest by the time I tried checking the manor again.

• XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

Hmm... I tried entering the house again after I'd done the quests 'A Deadly Secret' and (I think*) ' An Unexpected Adversary' and I don't have access to it anymore. I'll check again today - maybe my char was in the wrong position or I was too tired and missed something.

* I can't remember if I'd finished the second story quest by the time I tried checking the manor again.

I haven't finished "An Unexpected Adversary," and can still enter her home. Maybe we do lose access to the manor at some point.
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Jirich's Manor containers have practically all been full the six times I've farmed it so far since release on xbox, found countless greens, strangely no blues and one purple which was "Design: Leyawiin serving pot, Lobster stew"...which is apparently worth 800k 😂

I can confirm this is the best place to farm Leyawiin plans. I got a Purple one, sold it for 800k + 4 Blue + So many Greens + Decorative Wax + 2 Mushrooms (random type) from the table.

This damn place is a gold mine!!!.

Tip: Reset the containers by entering "waters edge" house and return to continue farming them.

Drop rate for purples is still rare, but eventually something will drop after some time farming. Good Luck!
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't finished "An Unexpected Adversary," and can still enter her home. Maybe we do lose access to the manor at some point.

I hope that it was just me being tired and not paying enough attention. When I entered the manor I thought it would be the perfect place for easy farming.

Tell you what. Don't finish the quest yet. I'll try entering again today and will update here asap.

Edit: Just tried it again and I can enter! YAY!!!
    Edited by KMarble on June 11, 2021 6:07PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is so ridiculous, areas that are quest gated and can’t be accessed later. Thanks for the heads-up though, I will check it out before it gets nerfed, I hope.

The whole zone is another Murkmire with mostly justice containers. The one public dungeon I visited was just like Orcrest in Northern Elsweyr, everything destroyed and ruined and hardly any containers. Some of the delves have a few containers but some have virtually none.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so ridiculous, areas that are quest gated and can’t be accessed later.

I don't know if you read my edited note, but you CAN enter the house after doing other quests. As I said on my first post, I was tired and might have done something wrong.

I've tested it again yesterday and entered the manor quite a few times during my play time.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    This is so ridiculous, areas that are quest gated and can’t be accessed later.

I don't know if you read my edited note, but you CAN enter the house after doing other quests. As I said on my first post, I was tired and might have done something wrong.

I've tested it again yesterday and entered the manor quite a few times during my play time.

Oh, above that I saw a post where someone said you couldn’t. Didn’t realize that was you.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA