The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the most difficult/annoying class to fight in Cyrodiil? (Blackwood Meta Edition)

Kikazaru
Kikazaru
✭✭✭✭✭
So, we are about a week into the Blackwood chapter with the return of all the conditional sets in Cyrodiil. I want to see what your thoughts are regarding the type of opponents you are fighting!

Regarding the meta, it feels a lot different from the previous "proc meta" that we had now that these sets scale with our SD/WD. I haven't seen many of the multi-proc high health builds over the course of the week. But! I have seen many powerful stat based builds that can hit astronomically high numbers! Sometimes I just can't process what just occurred until I re-watch the footage. I have been a victim of 30k+ combos even with respectable amount of crit resistance and physical/spell resistances that did little to mitigate the hits! It's Elder Scrolls Online: COD: Modern Warfare Edition! TTK is so short! :dizzy:

There has been a surge of bombers in Cyrodiil right now, since lot of players who were/are complacent of not having to worry about getting bombed when they are all bunched up at a choke point or flag are now paying a heavy price! I would admit that it feels like 50% of Cyrodiil are just bombers, specifically magicka nightblade bombers!

Bomber nation rise up! For the blood of those poor players shall fall at the feet of your devastating proxy/vicious death combos!

So, back to my topic at hand, I have yet to put my hands on what classes are difficult, since the changes to the procs, all classes so far feels almost equal in difficulty. Wardens still feels hard, but they feel a lot closer to the other classes, imo!

Edited by Kikazaru on June 6, 2021 9:26AM
Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

What is the most difficult/annoying class to fight in Cyrodiil? (Blackwood Meta Edition) 142 votes

Nightblade
23%
MapekzCyrdemaceb17_ESOMorathrasShaloknirdarvariaxeNNNNNIcy_NelyanHexquisiteJackeyGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALDovahmiimSoulKing32WeylandLabsTrinotopsxylena_lazarowirstarkey57StaticWavejerj6925AmoralOneuniversal_wrath 34 votes
Templar
4%
AlurriapavlaprovazScallanblkjagSillyPlayFrom_SiberiaCommandment 7 votes
Dragonknight
2%
kalunteLord0fNuggetsPattceht 3 votes
Sorcerer
15%
Gilvothzrazmab16_ESOSorakalookstwiceCadburyred_emuClawOfTheTwoMoonsmaster_vanargandSpurius_LuciliusMiserynCompanyNoszetSedare38danthemann5BASIClyGODPlasma_ElfWilku1909KatechonnThePianistd3ccyAfterip 22 votes
Warden
39%
SolarikenKayshamartinhpb16_ESOAnkaridanAektannWingDukeDucArmethiusactoshHymzirRhaegar75gamma71paulsimonpsVegVevvevmeekeyceeCurtdogg47Master_KasSleep724wDzZ 56 votes
Necromancer
14%
Janus_CruentiolsborgRagnaroek93Elo106 Julesjhall03IrfindGrimlok_SJierdanitExtinct_Solo_PlayerRagnarock41MoonsorrowESO_NightingaleBugsyTheGodRed99monkiieJameson18SkaraMinocSagetimEmperor_ManBearPig 20 votes
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    As a magblade/stamblade main I can't stand Templars.

Since we have like no real defensive options besides teleport and cloak, all they do is spam jabs on you and make it impossible to stealth out of a fight. Nothing makes me rage hard than dying to jab spam lol.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Stamina Wardens remain over tuned in my opinion: still too easily able to excel in too many key areas of the game ...... ie: damage, defence, healing

The other p2w class, necromancer, is very close performance wise
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Always Wardens.

Proc or no proc, Cyrodiil or IC or BG, CP or no CP, Blackwood or Graymoor or other patches.

Wardens.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Wardens will always be the most annoying for me personally. Every other class has some weakness that can be exploited to your benefit, but wardens are just so generally well rounded with a lot of intrinsic tankiness built in that it's difficult to find a weak point to go in on. I can dodge beetles all day, but at some point they gotta die if you want the fight to end.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    lol, poor DK :C
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    All twenty of them blur into one class.
    Options
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

I am sure someone will post DK.

Anyone playing a mag DK now and winning knows how angry Wardens, Necros, and gank NBs get when they lose to one. Also that players playing those classes that lose to a DK claim DK is "op" and godmode in hate tells...

At least one of them will appear!
    Options
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball group spamming Heals and Aoe all the time .
    Every other class I can try to fight, sometime I win, sometime I lose.
    Options
  • Janus_Cruenti
    Janus_Cruenti
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Never had an issue with wardens in Cyro. NB are sometimes annoying, especially those one that apparently can be faster than any horse with their teleport-attack plus they just can go invisible if you fight back and delay the fight. But they can be countered pretty effectively, and at least play the way the class was intended. With that argument in mind, I despite those extremely tanky necros. Their damage output is usually medicore (enough to kill mindless randoms in lfg groups), but if they decide to go in definsive, they are pretty much unkillable to even small groups. They don't really pose a big threat, but are just annoying to deal with, especially when they run arround towers at resources or keeps. Mostly you can simply ignore them but again, it is just not fun to play against them with builds that I find questionable if it were ever intended that you could play like this.
    Options
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    How are tanky werewolves to fight, now?
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    The constant threat of stealth one shots is the most annoying thing to me now, even if those NBs aren't actually that hard to kill. I've seen relatively few Wardens or Necros, and while their tanky healy thing is annoying, they usually don't feel threatening. Seems like all the meta hoppers have rerolled to NB, gotta be the most played Cyro class now.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden by far, they are just so insanely powerful no matter if Stamina or Magicka, both are best in their field.
    I am a little surprised that we see so few Necros currently, they were so powerful and only came out of fashion as Procs got disabled, maybe they come back in the next few weeks.
    Edited by L_Nici on June 7, 2021 2:57PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Krulzuk wrote: »
    How are tanky werewolves to fight, now?

i have only seen 1 WW recently.

everyone was so worried that they would be OP again but soo far proc sets are far worse.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Warden by far, they are just so insanely powerful no matter if Stamina or Magicka, both are best in their field.
    I am a little surprised that we see so few Necros currently, they were so powerful and only came out of fashion as Procs got disabled, maybe they come back in the next few weeks.

most people that play necro did so because it was meta at the time, currently warden is meta. there are still necro's but i do recognize names and its always quite obvious when you see the meta humpers all jumping to one class or another.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Troll ... period.
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    but soo far proc sets are far worse.
    What proc sets are giving you trouble?
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden

I am sure someone will post DK.

Anyone playing a mag DK now and winning knows how angry Wardens, Necros, and gank NBs get when they lose to one. Also that players playing those classes that lose to a DK claim DK is "op" and godmode in hate tells...

At least one of them will appear!

"Your proc set carried you." - Templar

"Okay I won't use it then." - Me on my magDK

Still wins

They also love to say Fossilize is OP due to how much stamina it drains and all that. Why I personally never dodge roll out of immobilizations unless I have to. I typically use something like Race Against Time or Mistform instead.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    isnt anyone scurd of dk . . . :C
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • BASIClyGOD
    BASIClyGOD
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    isnt anyone scurd of dk . . . :C

Why should they be? We are outclassed in almost every category. Stam Dk sucks and Mag Dk requires more attentiveness than any other Mag class to succeed at. We have zero maneuverability and more than half of our class skills don't even see use outside pve. What is there to be scared of?
    Options
  • BASIClyGOD
    BASIClyGOD
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    BASIClyGOD wrote: »
    Mag Dk requires more attentiveness than any other Mag class to succeed at.

*except Magblade
    Options
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    imagine saying warden is more annoying to fight than a necro
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer
    Honestly tough call between warden and necro but the targetable BB chunking 10k+ really seals the deal for me.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Stamblade, wardens and necro are all hard to fight but stamblade is by far the most annoying, being able to be 1 hit whilst they can choose when and if they want to reengage, and nearly never be able to get heavy attacks off to get resources back. Magblade is very weak and magdk is pitiful to say the least, I actually feel sorry and bad fighting them the class is outright garbage.
    Options
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I feel like warden is still on top of this list right now because of encounter frequency.

Wait until everyone figures out the templar changes.

Warden's reduced heal will put necro over it now. Especially with the increasing commonality of people realizing the power of scythe and resistant flesh after the 1k spell damage and max stat increases from FoA.

After the health recovery gimping, Blighted blastbones, although having its moments, will now be king. Scythe with its HoT are now higher healing than Arctic Blast/Polar Wind.

Stam DK is in a solid place with the FoA increases and is underrated. More balance will become noticeable as people start to migrate away from whatever it is that they're complaining about being nerfed.

I have all of them, so no, its not favoritism. I have a stam and mag of each class. I spend most of my time class and build testing. I did at one point feel warden and necro were overtuned, so I parked them to play the others. Between some patches and just getting experience with the other classes and builds, everything pretty much leveled out, with the exception of Necro. Its still a bit above the fold. We'll see how it develops out of this update and the subsequent patches we're about to see.
    Options
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    I feel like warden is still on top of this list right now because of encounter frequency.

Wait until everyone figures out the templar changes.

Warden's reduced heal will put necro over it now. Especially with the increasing commonality of people realizing the power of scythe and resistant flesh after the 1k spell damage and max stat increases from FoA.

After the health recovery gimping, Blighted blastbones, although having its moments, will now be king. Scythe with its HoT are now higher healing than Arctic Blast/Polar Wind.

Stam DK is in a solid place with the FoA increases and is underrated. More balance will become noticeable as people start to migrate away from whatever it is that they're complaining about being nerfed.

I have all of them, so no, its not favoritism. I have a stam and mag of each class. I spend most of my time class and build testing. I did at one point feel warden and necro were overtuned, so I parked them to play the others. Between some patches and just getting experience with the other classes and builds, everything pretty much leveled out, with the exception of Necro. Its still a bit above the fold. We'll see how it develops out of this update and the subsequent patches we're about to see.

I only saw 2 changes to DK coagulating blood and molten armaments. There's a reason DK is the bottom of the list it's become a clunky to play uninspired mess in pvp. I wanna get my 5 star finished with my DK and trust me that's the only reason I play him.
    Edited by gamma71 on June 9, 2021 1:51AM
    Options
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    gamma71 wrote: »

I only saw 2 changes to DK coagulating blood and molten armaments. There's a reason DK is the bottom of the list it's become a clunky to play uninspired mess in pvp. I wanna get my 5 star finished with my DK and trust me that's the only reason I play him.

Everyone was given an extra 1k spell and weapon damage in either Markarth or FoA. This synergizes incredibly for stam dk.

I don't know. I don't have any issues on either of my DK's. Although I would say I wouldn't mind some cost updates on mag skills a bit.

Fragmented shield and Cauterize is one of the best combinations in the game right now. I wonder if people don't know that it goes off on activation, before it starts its 5 second cycle.

In a nutshell, I think a good 80% of class balance discussions or complaints are based on someone getting smoked by something.

I'll bite though. If you look at it analytically, the original classes are based on a rock/paper/scissors setup, while the 2 classes introduced later are more "jack of all trades". Its easy enough to have it be off putting or scream imbalance when most of the folks making the complaints haven't actually spent any palpable time truly playing or learning the other classes. Learning strengths, weaknesses, animations and cues, etc.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Someone finally voted DK.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    The bugs still invisible and hits from 1st floor to 3d
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Werewolves not on the list - easily the dumbest thing I encounter. I wish zos would nerf the survivability (by a lot) and buff the killing power a little.
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've not entered pvp areas since the patch (yet), but based on the poll so far ....
    UupH4Zo.png
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options