Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[Suggestion] Can't buy crown crates reward from Belgium.

Bifista
Bifista
✭✭
Hello,

Being back in the game after some times, I've learned a bit late that my country (Belgium) banned crown crates.

The thing is, we can still see the reward from the crown crates to buy with gems but those gems can only be acquired through..crown crates. Needless to say that at this point, it's useless for us as we can't buy anything.

Wouldn't it be good for belgian account (and other country where government did the same) to buy those reward with crown? Of course we wouldn't be able to trade or gift them because some would take advantage of.

It is kind of a win win situation. Bethesda get more money and we get what we want against crown.

I am fully aware of the new endeavors system that will take place in few days/weeks. But this system is for people not willing to put real money into game cosmetic.

It is gonna be long to acquire enough to even buy a special mount. So if you can't connect everyday to do those quests, or if you want more than just one items or two, It's useless. That and the fact that crates rewards might have already changed/disappeared at the time you got enough.

Cheers :)
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling Endeavors is exactly the reason that they're doing this.

They'll never make it so you can buy crate goods directly because then nobody would buy crates anymore. Everyone would much rather buy direct instead of filling their collections menu with more body markings that nobody uses. If they got rid of the gems system, there goes people buying crates (and lets face it, that's a huge moneymaker for ZOS).
  • Bifista
    Bifista
    ✭✭
    As I said, ONLY for account bound to a country where government banned crates... for example Belgium.

We can't buy crates anyway.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would also cause people from other countries to set up VPNs so they could get those benefits as well. Either that, or people would just make new Belgian accounts specifically to gift things to their main account.

Endeavors are already going to be a major hit to their crate income. I'm sure they don't want to make any way that you can bypass crates.

I get that it's not fair, but they're only playing by the rules.
  • Bifista
    Bifista
    ✭✭
    VPN wouldn't change a thing because it's looking at the country bound to the account. Even tho your IP is somewhere else, the country of your account is still the same.

Also, you wouldn't be able to gift them or anything.

And just to remind that it only concern very few countries.

So you don't bypass anything.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be blunt here.

If one country gets to bypass the crate mechanics, there'll be a riot from everyone not in that country.

People wanted controls on crates, and they got them.

Accept the consequences of what people wanted, or campaign to get them reversed.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for, as you might end up getting it.

But yes. Good news is that Endeavours will be going live soon. It will, at last, provide some way to gain access to Crate items in Belgium again.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Bifista
    Bifista
    ✭✭
    What do you mean by "controls on crates" ?

Why would there be a riot in all other country ? (This is pure speculation)
    It's not like we asked our governments to do that.

Endeavours offers a really light way to get items from crates. What about players that don't play a lot? What about players that want more than one thing in a crate? I don't mind to pay real money for that but I just can't.
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    Bifista wrote: »
    What do you mean by "controls on crates" ?

Why would there be a riot in all other country ? (This is pure speculation)
    It's not like we asked our governments to do that.

They are talking about people who vote and elect their leaders.
  • Bifista
    Bifista
    ✭✭
    So, if I understand @CMDR_Un1k0rn correctly, it means that everyone voted for the governement in place (which means every eso players of course) and that we should be ok with every new law. Like it was written in their campaign "we are going to ban lootbox in video games".

I think it's a bit more complex than just all white or all black.

The suggestion I am bringing respect the belgian law, offers the opportunity to belgian players to still obtain what they want from crates with real money and then of course Bethesda to gain more money.

I get that some people would be mad and jealous but as for now it's all ok for them that we can't buy anything from the crates because it doesn't apply to them.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bifista wrote: »
    So, if I understand @CMDR_Un1k0rn correctly, it means that everyone voted for the governement in place (which means every eso players of course) and that we should be ok with every new law. Like it was written in their campaign "we are going to ban lootbox in video games".

I think it's a bit more complex than just all white or all black.

The suggestion I am bringing respect the belgian law, offers the opportunity to belgian players to still obtain what they want from crates with real money and then of course Bethesda to gain more money.

I get that some people would be mad and jealous but as for now it's all ok for them that we can't buy anything from the crates because it doesn't apply to them.

I think the loot boxes should be phased out of ESO, and all futue ZOS games, globally. They should be replaced with direct purchase items, via Crowns or Seals, that provide no game play advantage.

So, I would have no problem with that for Belgium.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sturmir
    Sturmir
    Soul Shriven
    Just wait long enough. Crates will be banned in the states eventually, and the UK too. It's a form of gambling. I buy crates, and I agree with the definition as a form of gambling. Once the US bans it, I think Zenimax will definitely have to change it or risk losing out.