Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

mage guild last quest after few years

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
after 5 years im doing this quest again and wanted to ask if its still 2 skillpoints vs trash staff. i could swear that i heard somewhere that u get the skillpoints either way now. so whats the current situation ?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last I checked (~3 months ago?) the choice still involved getting 2 skill points OR saving your ally.

If there's any change or workaround to get both, I haven't heard of it.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Last I checked (~3 months ago?) the choice still involved getting 2 skill points OR saving your ally.

there was a workaround but thats long ago.

so u did choose saving valaste and did only get a staff ?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

I save Valaste on my friendly/good characters, but I have let her go home with Uncle Sheo on a few of my more unscrupulous toons since she seems happy enough just rolling with whatever. Plus, you know... Skill Points!

To be honest, I can't say for certain which one I chose most recently. That toon was pretty morally ambiguous. The character I leveled back then ended up being deleted to make room for something I liked better, and I haven't bothered with the MG quest line on the replacement. Sorry. :/

If you're about to press a gun to my head and make me guess, though (please don't! I'm too young to be coerced!) I think I chose to save her, and got the staff that I cared exactly 0% about. For me it's more about the story when doing these longer quest lines, so the rewards are kind of forgettable for me.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

I save Valaste on my friendly/good characters, but I have let her go home with Uncle Sheo on a few of my more unscrupulous toons since she seems happy enough just rolling with whatever. Plus, you know... Skill Points!

To be honest, I can't say for certain which one I chose most recently. That toon was pretty morally ambiguous. The character I leveled back then ended up being deleted to make room for something I liked better, and I haven't bothered with the MG quest line on the replacement. Sorry. :/

If you're about to press a gun to my head and make me guess, though (please don't! I'm too young to be coerced!) I think I chose to save her, and got the staff that I cared exactly 0% about. For me it's more about the story when doing these longer quest lines, so the rewards are kind of forgettable for me.

i do care about the story too but only on my main.... it still doesnt feel right even on the toon :/ but i consider the toon more like tools nothing more. after 4 years of eso i still only had 1 characters like in all other mmo ive ever played only started last year or so to make alt characters to play them in pvp.

wish valaste could be recruited as companion. in fact im gonna post that on general forum :D