Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

Oblivion Portal Portal's

Seadle
Seadle
✭✭✭
These portals (below) are used in the story quests of Blackwood for Daedra to enter Nirn, why do the current Oblivion Portal world events not use these same portals?

GKAgtQO.jpg
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seadle wrote: »
    These portals (below) are used in the story quests of Blackwood for Daedra to enter Nirn, why do the current Oblivion Portal world events not use these same portals?

GKAgtQO.jpg

because apparently having immerisve yet intrusive popping up gates flood the area with deadra was to scary for players to handle :(
    meanwhile i can never find the bloody things and when i do its normally already about to be completed
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Seadle
    Seadle
    ✭✭✭
    "dsalter wrote: »

because apparently having immerisve yet intrusive popping up gates flood the area with deadra was to scary for players to handle :(
    meanwhile i can never find the bloody things and when i do its normally already about to be completed

Is that the actual reason given?

Also curious about this for immersive aspects, the Ivory Brigade armor from the main questline isn't Ivory Brigade style.

IB9aUId.png
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two guesses...

1. The Creative Director thought they looked cooler and decided to drop the previously used portals in favor of these new ones.

2. The old gates require more world editing and preparation. That would add time and cost to development, possibly further limiting the locations where they can appear. The ball-hanging-from-twine/christmas-ornament/cat-toy is probably less dependent on the surrounding terrain.
    -
    Besides, anything they do that contradicts what they have done before is simply tossed to the writing team to explain in some creative writing found in a book somewhere.
    dsalter wrote: »

There is nothing that kicks you out of these instances, that I am aware of. While I don't think you can't exit the final boss room after entering it, I have to wonder whether he simply respawns after a few minutes.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 3, 2021 1:18PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options