The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood & Update 30 Now Live on PC/Mac"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
67wgazy3t47y.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood & Update 30 Now Live on PC/Mac"

Experience a world on the brink of destruction in The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood, a new Chapter in the Elder Scrolls Online saga.
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I laughed when I saw your tag line on my launcher.

"Experience a world on the brink of destruction in The Elder Scrolls Online:"
    Planemeld
    Daedric Wars
    Year of the Dragon
    Blackwood!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciated the new opening cinematic - very pretty, stunning high quality. Made me recall every zone I've played in over so many years now.
  • Angalayond
    Angalayond
    Soul Shriven
    I feel like this is the wrong place to put this, and I'm sorry about that, but I'm not sure what the proper thread would be. Feel free to move it.
    I'm so disheartened that the max health bonus from Eternal Vigor was removed. It's a heavy set, it should have max health. It's always been one of my favourites because it has max health AND regen bonuses. My tank went from 49200 max health to 47000-something in total because of this update. I don't like the set update in general. Some of my characters are better with it but most are just slightly worse. I can live with it for the most part, but I would literally pay you to add max health back to Eternal Vigor. I feel like this entire update just sort of limited possibilities. Set combos have to be a lot more conventional now if you want to be really good, can't mix and match and get creative anymore. That makes me sad, because I always enjoyed it.
  • leviatan64
    leviatan64
    Soul Shriven
    Rest in peace, Deshaan trick.
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    I don't normally do this, but Wow the quality of the expansion is amazing.

From investigating the mystery to the new companion system to the phasing. The new zone is massive with so many in depth quests, while having a companion keeping me company who I can give matching steed and select weapons, outfit and skills. I can't think of any companion system out there that is better or outside of SWTOR launch companions has added such detailed followers. Whilst the phasing has made the experience a joy, instead of walking through corpses as the masses in front of me slaughter everything it seems in overland/solo areas the numbers are kept low whilst for the world bosses etc a few of us get to take them on making the fight fun whilst not as can happen its a mass ganking and towns are a little busier still.

Now I know there are issues with companion strengths or mechanics but as enjoyable experiences go this is fun, plots well written and suddenly I'm doing fights guild quests again cause it makes my dark elf companion happy. Though I suspect she may also have a drinking problem as beer makes her happy too.

The only thing I am really hoping for is a companion that my Vampire can give the dark embrace to and they become the first in a line of progeny (aside from all the players that I turn at the shrine but they thank me and head off on their own adventures). I'd much rather purchase a companion from the crown store than another house.
  • wnights
    wnights
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to thank everyone on the team for a very smooth launch! It's such a bliss being able to start playing as soon as I get home from work.

I can't wait to further explore Blackwood and all its mysteries
    Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the great new stuff to everyone! At first I wasn't that hyped by the announcements, so not like in the case of Greymoor last year - but now, after 1 day of playing with Bastian and Mirri, you've got me to the point that I ignore all duties in my home office and instead have to play .... congrats :D
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭
    I checked out Blackwood yesterday and got Mirri and Bastian. I love them a lot :smile: I'm hoping we can get more interaction options when you talk to them. Preferably, more dialogue options to ask them their opinions/feelings/etc. It would also be really cool to have more quests with them so you can learn more about their character and backstory. In the future, maybe certain delves/public dungeons could feature them and explore more of their character. Overall, excited for this new feature and hoping for more companions in the future.

Also, for the Blackwood music, I just gotta say... WOW! I loved it so much. I could do my work and listen to the music in the background. The orchestra, especially in Pantherfang Chapel was beautiful. The zone music was very very very well done. It gives off an enchanting feel, especially when the . I hope to see more orchestra like this. It makes a zone feel special.

As for the town architecture, I love the look and feel of Leyawiin, especially the town center. The stonework is very clean and organized, and the furniture is very elegant. I love the new lightposts - the black with the ornate gold inlay is a good choice and the curved arch is elegant and magical. If the server/engine can handle it, it would be really nice to see more buildings in the background, to give off an illusion that the city is bigger than it looks like. Something to convey that, if this were real life, the city would be 10x bigger.

As for the Deadlands/Mehrunes Dagon delve architecture, I like this new look. In previous expansions, all the Daedra had similar(-ish) looking architecture for their ruins/places of worship. The buildings for Dagon look very sleek, and that triangular orange light is very modern and alien looking. I love how going into these areas changes the feel of ESO. It feels new and unfamiliar and exciting. Hoping to see new architecture for the various daedric realms in the future as well, to give off a completely alien vibe from the rest of Tamriel.