Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What happens if i buy another eso plus membership while my current membership still continues?

cet000
cet000
Soul Shriven
Will i get the crowns right away?
Will my current membership continue after it expires?

Steam/PC EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can. I think the most you can do is cancel the renewal and choose a different plan, but even that won't change anything until your current subscription expires.

Say for example you've got a 3 month sub due to end on 1st July. If you cancel it today and set up a 1 month sub instead nothing will change now, but on the 1st you'll only be charged for 1 month and only receive 1 month's worth of crowns instead of 3.

If you want more crowns before your current subscription ends you'll need to buy a crown pack.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SkoomaCatnip
    SkoomaCatnip
    Soul Shriven
    The time will be added to the current one and crowns will arrive immediately as usual
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The time will be added to the current one and crowns will arrive immediately as usual

This is the correct answer.

Buying additional ESO+ membership time while already having an active subscription simply extends it by however much you paid for.

And if you buy one of the ESO+ packs that awards the associated Crowns in bulk upfront (as in, NOT the month-to-month recurring one) you'll get those right away, soon as the transaction is processed (which is typically under 3 minutes for me).

Apparently things have changed since I last pre-purchased an ESO+ sub, so this answer is incorrect.
    Edited by GreenHere on June 3, 2021 3:10PM
  • cet000
    cet000
    Soul Shriven
    GreenHere wrote: »

Buying additional ESO+ membership time while already having an active subscription simply extends it by however much you paid for.

And if you buy one of the ESO+ packs that awards the associated Crowns in bulk upfront (as in, NOT the month-to-month recurring one) you'll get those right away, soon as the transaction is processed (which is typically under 3 minutes for me).

steam doesnt let me pay immediately since my current membership continiues.Therefore i cant get the crowns.
  • cet000
    cet000
    Soul Shriven

steam doesnt let me pay immediately since my current membership continiues.Therefore i cant get the crowns.
  • cet000
    cet000
    Soul Shriven
    cet000 wrote: »
    GreenHere wrote: »

which pack are you talking about?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried buying your ESO+ bundle of choice through ZOS' site, instead of through Steam?

I bought (and launch) the game through Steam as well, but if your account is linked on their website you should be good to go to get your ESO+ subs directly from ZOS if you want to. I definitely have purchased ESO+ bundles while I was still in the middle of an active subscription in the past.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_plus

Okay, so, after typing up that response I followed the link above... and you're right. It appears that they no longer allow you to purchase ESO+ when you already have an active subscription. If Steam is giving you the same error as I'm seeing at the link above, I guess it simply can't be done anymore. Not sure when or why this was done, but I guess I can't really help here. :/

• LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I canceled my ESO Plus 3 month plan and then bought ESO Plus annual. I have to wait till my 3 month plan has expired before the annual plan kicks in. So no crowns till then. I wanted the crowns for the Pantherfang Chapel which didn't come out this month. Luckily I'll have the crowns in when it does come out in September, August or July (let it be July). I find it it a rather clumsy system but since I'm not in a hurry it doesn't hurt me too much.

P.S. I purchased ESO Plus directly through Bethesda's site not Steam.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on June 4, 2021 12:53AM