The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

solo imperial city bosses

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
Is there a build that lets you solo the IC WBs?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's not very difficult when you are familiar with it. I've done it on my stam sorc in pure damage builds but it's easier if you build for passive healing, something like seventh legion, briatheart and ring of the pale order.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've soloed a few with various builds, they aren't much harder than world bosses. You just need to learn what they cast and how to stay out of it. Exploit their weaknesses, and be prepared to have to fight players at the same time.

That said, necro would be my first choice, for two reasons. One, they get a 15% bonus to DOTs, and the best way to kill the bosses is to stack DOTs while constantly moving away from their attacks. Second, necro gets a basically free purge (Hexproof) that will help keep you alive.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Specific build for that? Never heard of it. But i soloed those bosses some time ago on my magden in IC CP.

My build was: 5 piece heavy ice furnance, 2 Light selixtrix plus crafty alfiq weapons and jewelry. On body all 3 stat enchantments. Jewelry bloodthwirsty with mag reg enchants. Shock staff sharpened with ice enchant. Ice staff backbar. All points to magica. Nord with orzoga smoked bear. Impen traits on all armor pieces. Tri pots as potions. Mag recovery mundus.

Skills? Attack with force pulse, sub assult + arctic blast with fetcher infection. Put ice blockade on ground first. I used also structured entropy for health rec.

Imo wardens are great for solo with their healing/buff and tanky skills.

Oh and btw dont forget its a pvp zone - i dont have to tell what that means?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing the IC dailies to get the timbercrow costume. AD usually own all the districts in no CP zone so I do it there as I'll kill a boss or two and get a lot of stones.

No fancy build, just stick ring of pale order on.

To be honest that item makes everything stupidly easy to solo.
    Edited by Brrrofski on May 31, 2021 10:21PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll quote myself from various old posts :):

"A PvP build and an IC PvE build aren't mutually exclusive. I solo farm the upstairs bosses with any of my PvP builds in about 5 minutes. A full PvE rotation could cut the time substantially, but is not required. The only thing harder are possibly the innermost walking bosses in the sewers. Everything else is a cakewalk, including the sewer bosses that are in fixed locations. Talking about full CP characters in CP campaign."

Bosses that have adds can be handled with AOE skills, but you don't have to use those. You can also just kite the boss and ignore the adds. Knowing the mechanics helps, though:

"There are a couple of ways to go. If you are used to high-end PvE, a full DPS rotation will mow down bosses, and particularly their adds, so fast you minimise risk that way. If you're more like me, you play a balanced PvP / duelling build. An infused weapon with a prismatic enchant will work wonders for your DPS [less than it used to, tbh], while simply weaving your spammable. The tankier you are, the more of an advantage you have around bosses over gankers trying to attack you, particularly stamblades. Do focus the PvPers, if they attack, but play conservatively and let the boss AOE kill them, if possible.

If you play a nightblade, you always have the option to cloak away from PvP, and also shake aggro from bosses, if you wish. Imperial Physique and a tanky set, like Fortified Brass, can help make boss fights comfortable, while retaining light armor and good damage [used to be a must for the stats in no CP, but these days I'd backbar something like Juggernaut for one shot protection from boss or players]. Ranged builds are easier than melee builds, unless you take measures to minimise ground AOE, such as Blade Cloak. Bahraha's does not work for the AOE in IC, as far as I know. You can choose to kite and ignore adds. On the other hand, one well placed Dawnbreaker is almost good enough to mow down a wave of adds on it's own. My preferred and comfortable alternative, as a magblade, is resto ult and AOE (Sap Essence) for adds [I don't really do this anymore, but could still work. These days I just kite]. Be sure to have retreat sigils on you to bank every so often [or port out by queueing for Cyrodiil to save Tel Var]. On PC, get Miat's addon, which will tell you the status of the flags at all times, without having to go to the map.

Tips for specific bosses:

Take the Memorial Flesh Atro boss to the Imperial Prison entrance, and an add often gets stuck in the walls, there, which prevents further waves of adds.

For the Memorial Ice Atro, Forward Momentum, Shuffle or RAT helps your mobility. If you heal from your damage (Bloodthirst, Swallow Soul, Puncturing Sweep), attacking into the boss while having up Vigor, or the like, when he spews out his ice AOE, can be the most efficient solution, but you'll have to test your build to see whether your healing is strong enough. [Brawler also works a treat in any situation. I'd not use Pale Order. I'd use Wild Hunt in PvP, if anything.]

The most dangerous attack of the Flesh Atro arena boss are the AOE poison pools. These are targeted at you, even cloaked nightblades that are in the fight. Don't run. Move around at a normal pace and be conscious about the area YOU are effectively covering with the pools. Move just enough to stay out of the pools. The slower you move, the less area you cover, and the more room you leave yourself. This fight is less messy to solo than it is with more players.

When the Arena Daedroth boss attacks you with a fireball, let yourself be knocked back, but immediately break free, so you land on your feet. Make sure to have space behind you. The way you typically die to this boss is, if there is no space behind you and you land in the AOE. The boss is also prone to charge you right after. If you are in a confined area and he prepares a fireball, run towards him, so you have room to be knocked back. [This is really a bit out of date. It still works, but dodge roll, block or Immovability potion is just better.]

Avoid the Arboretum Harvester boss, if you are solo. At 50% health, she will stun you, and you have to break free and kill her feasts, which you have to individually target, otherwise she heals back to full. If you are ranged, and you have the damage, you may succeed, but this boss tends to be more hassle to solo than it's worth. It also puts a snare on you that cannot be cleared with Forward Momentum.

Not much to say about the Arboretum spider boss. Quite easy, if you ask me.

The Ogrim in Temple is straightforward. Avoid / roll out of his ground AOE when there is an expanding red circle around him, as it hits strongly and knocks you down otherwise. At around 50 to 45% of his health, he will thump his chest and you have to interrupt him, so he doesn't heal back up. He may do this a second time before the end of the fight.

The Temple lich boss can be hard to deal with, if you are melee. This is where Blade Cloak / Shuffle / etc. really helps. As a ranged build there's just a lot of kiting and running. Watch your stamina. You can AOE the adds or ignore them.

For the Nobles Twilight boss be sure to focus and destroy the portals immediately when he creates them.

The Nobles Bone Atro boss drops big puddles that inhibit magicka and ultimate use, so keep an eye on your stamina, and roll out of them.

For the Elven Gardens Clannfear boss, be sure to watch your stamina and health. Keep your health up and, as a light armor build, keep your shields up. When he tries to eat you, break free immediately. Reserve your ulti for when he spawns adds. I find the main thing about this fight is watching your resources. If someone wants to gank you, they will do it when the boss tries to eat you.

The Elven Gardens Eye boss is easy with the right strategy. He will spray strong lightning AOE onto the ground. This must be avoided. Always reposition and make sure you never have some of his AOE behind you, otherwise he will knock you into it. If you cannot get close enough for attack, simply wait. Let the fight come to you. I prefer clearing the Legion Zero soldiers up and down the strip, before the fight, then let him chase me up and down. As a ranged player it is easy to stay out of the AOE. As a melee player, when he sprays out the AOE, roll through him, so you end up on his opposite side."
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.S. The biggest problem you'll have soloing the upstairs world bosses these days is other players. IC had more instances and was quite deserted in the past. Nowadays people are farming pretty much non-stop, 24/7. You either join the zerg train of your own faction or you'll have to PvP. You CAN, from time to time, squirrel a boss away to solo in a building, but those opportunities have become quite rare.

If you're talking about the walking flag bosses in the sewers, they can be soloed, though you probably need to be on a tanky build for some of them. Thay're tedious and don't yield many rewards. The further inwards you go, the harder they are.

As for the mini-bosses strewn across the sewers, those are generally pretty easy. Maybe not Public Dungeon easy, but almost.

Just remember: You're in a PvP zone. Build for PvP. PvP requires balanced builds with either high mobility or high tankiness and with self-healing. You build that way, that also covers your soloing requirements. If you absolutely do not wish to PvP, I recommend you wear Juggernaut on the back bar and you stand still and block, when attacked. Some people (not all) will leave you alone. Juggernaut should prevent you from being accidentally killed, albeit only once per minute. Of course as a sorc or nightblade you also have other options for avoiding fights: Streak / Ball of Lightning, Shadow Image and Shadowy Disguise.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    An infused weapon with a prismatic enchant will work wonders for your DPS

Can't stress this enough. I always run infused with Prismatic Onslaught when farming Imperial City NPCs, and backbar sharpened with Glyph of Decreased health for player encounters.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Yeaaaaahhhh I asked this question because I need the Malacath Band lead and it is %#%#^^%^#&*! hard to find a group. I keep switching between faction on different toons.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC bosses are like some dlc worldbosses. I don't see why you couldn't kill it solo with proper solo pvp build.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i read the forum ... i think 80% of players speaking = doesnt play this game anymore... stamsorc - werewolf + malubeth +briarhart + crimson/advanced yokeda - 2x stamina regen glyphs + 1x magicka glyph or 1x balorg + torc of constancy and then briar + yokeda - easiest way

or toggle brain on and combine own sets that give u survivality + some dmg.
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I'll quote myself from various old posts :):

"A PvP build and an IC PvE build aren't mutually exclusive. I solo farm the upstairs bosses with any of my PvP builds in about 5 minutes. A full PvE rotation could cut the time substantially, but is not required. The only thing harder are possibly the innermost walking bosses in the sewers. Everything else is a cakewalk, including the sewer bosses that are in fixed locations. Talking about full CP characters in CP campaign."

Good info there, cheers :smile:
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You may want to skip this activity during the forthcoming MM event.

IC becomes 'Tamriel Gank Central' during those couple of weeks.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    You may want to skip this activity during the forthcoming MM event.

IC becomes 'Tamriel Gank Central' during those couple of weeks.

I don't really care about the TV's, I really need the Malacath lead.