The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What set sombine with elemental catalyst for necro calss?

ericshug
ericshug
Riad leader need nero EC/brittle so EC on body or on front bat?and maelstrom ice staff and what's other set ?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With EC you want to run Force Pulse/Crushing Shock (instead of skulls) so the Asylum staff on the front bar could increase the brittle up time. Other set doesnt matter too much, I think Ive seen Alcast run MS with EC on his support dps magcro.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just front bar Siroria. Use Mystic Siphon for shock, Unnerving Boneyard for frost, and either Wall of Fire or Scalding Rune (if double Ice Staff) for fire. I wouldn’t recommend Force Pulse or relying on a spammable to proc EC for most content, just if there’s a lot of target switching and you don’t have time to cast 3 DoTs (like protectors in Asylum).

Necro is difficult to get good Brittle uptimes. They just don’t have much in their kit for it, Boneyard ticks have a very low chance to proc chill and colossus only ticks 3 times per minute. Much better to have a Warden taking care of Brittle, since they have passive and active skills that help uptime, as well as 10% more frost damage so it doesn’t hurt their own DPS as much.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭

Necro is difficult to get good Brittle uptimes.
    Charged ice destro with a frost enchant spam force shock and get ~100% uptime of all debuffs

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »

Charged ice destro with a frost enchant spam force shock and get ~100% uptime of all debuffs

And do poor damage. That means giving up your weapon traits, staff passives, weapon enchants, using fewer DoTs, an inferior spammable, weaker light attacks, weaker wall, and getting less out of class passives.

Any class could do that, doesn’t have to be a Necro. This is why a full support build, tank or healer, can do brittle regardless of class (all they lose is damage). Warden is the only DPS that can do decent damage while also getting high brittle uptimes.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve done EC on body with Medusa front bar but these days my optimized groups are running EC on a tank freeing up my Cro to spec fully into damage. I still run EC when progging for newer groups though because it pushes their DPS where it needs to be. The 6K loss to me (91k to 85k) is more than made up by boosting the whole squad.

Leave brittle off the build, someone else needs to cover that preferably a magden.
  • ericshug
    ericshug

And do poor damage. That means giving up your weapon traits, staff passives, weapon enchants, using fewer DoTs, an inferior spammable, weaker light attacks, weaker wall, and getting less out of class passives.

Any class could do that, doesn’t have to be a Necro. This is why a full support build, tank or healer, can do brittle regardless of class (all they lose is damage). Warden is the only DPS that can do decent damage while also getting high brittle uptimes.
    Can you post your log or ec necro full gear set?please.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ericshug wrote: »

Sure, but it's not a brittle build, I have that on a Warden or tank. For only EC I recommend:

5X EC (armor/jewelry)
    5X Perfect Siroria (front bar inferno staff or daggers, and 3 armor/jewelry)
    1X Slimecraw
    1X Harpooner's Wading Kilt
    1X Maelstrom Inferno Staff

All divines, bloodthirsty, front bar Precise, back bar Infused. Magicka and Spell Damage enchants, front bar Flame Glyph, back bar Berserker/Poison/Prismatic (depending on the fight). Thief mundus stone.

Any Necro rotation is fine, just be sure to keep Mystic Siphon, Unstable Wall of Fire and Unnerving Boneyard active 100% of the time for EC.
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    Leave brittle off the build, someone else needs to cover that preferably a magden.

Agreed. Winters revenge has a 15% bonus chance to proc chilled, and 10% bonus frost damage makes warden the best option for brittle as they suffer the smallest dps loss from going double ice staves.
  • ericshug
    ericshug
    Thank you for reply,I will test recently and give you update.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, but it's not a brittle build, I have that on a Warden or tank. For only EC I recommend:

5X EC (armor/jewelry)
    1X Slimecraw

All divines, bloodthirsty, front bar Precise, back bar Infused. Magicka and Spell Damage enchants, front bar Flame Glyph, back bar Berserker/Poison/Prismatic (depending on the fight). Thief mundus stone.

Any Necro rotation is fine, just be sure to keep Mystic Siphon, Unstable Wall of Fire and Unnerving Boneyard active 100% of the time for EC.

What about lightning staff back bar and scalding rune for fire damage? Otherwise how do you get 100% uptime on lightning damage? Spaming crushing weapon and beetles leave only 1 free second for all other skills in a magden rotation.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5X EC (armor/jewelry)
    1X Slimecraw

What about lightning staff back bar and scalding rune for fire damage? Otherwise how do you get 100% uptime on lightning damage? Spaming crushing weapon and beetles leave only 1 free second for all other skills in a magden rotation.

Mystic Siphon is shock damage. Just can’t use the Detonating morph with EC, but at least you keep the strong version of Wall.