The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Separate queues for base game and Vet DLC dungeons

priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
Wayrest Sewers I *or any base game vet dungeon and Scalecaller are quite different in terms of mechanics and difficulty... I don't want to waste lifeforce. implement a separate queue already for the love of god.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    PC/EU
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then leave the group if you get it in a random queue. That’s the point of “random”.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one would ever queue for random normal DLC, only random normal base. Which means players specifically queuing for a normal DLC dungeon (for skill point or gear or they like that dungeon or whatever) would never get fills. It would essentially turn DLC dungeons into something that absolutely require 4-player pre-made groups. And then why even have a group finder if it can't fill for you when you need it?

Also, you get 100k XP and 10 transmute for doing random normal. If you could block yourself from helping DLC groups get fills, what is point of reward? At that point, ZOS could just mail every character 10 transmute per day and 100k for logging in.
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    Do more Random Veteran Dungeons till you agree.
    Then leave the group if you get it in a random queue. That’s the point of “random”.

Agree, but I do not want to sit in the naughty corner for 10 mins.
    Queue, tank bails before 1st pull.... wait.... healer bails. repeat
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's not that they need to be separate queues - it's that the rewards for random DLC need to be scaled better to make the time invested worth it

Base Game dungeons are designed for, at maximum, level 45-49 players. While DLC dungeons are meant for actual Veteran Players beyond level 50.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    No one would ever queue for random normal DLC, only random normal base. Which means players specifically queuing for a normal DLC dungeon (for skill point or gear or they like that dungeon or whatever) would never get fills. It would essentially turn DLC dungeons into something that absolutely require 4-player pre-made groups. And then why even have a group finder if it can't fill for you when you need it?

Also, you get 100k XP and 10 transmute for doing random normal. If you could block yourself from helping DLC groups get fills, what is point of reward? At that point, ZOS could just mail every character 10 transmute per day and 100k for logging in.

So what good is getting a fill through the random queue when that player either a) bails at the beginning because they have no desire to attempt it, or b) simply lacks the skill to complete the dungeon.

I for one am sick of queuing for a vet DLC dungeon only to have one or two people bail right at the beginning because they queued for a random vet only to run off with their tails between their legs when they ended up being dropped into a dungeon that presented any sort of actual challenge.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
    Iccotak wrote: »
    it's not that they need to be separate queues - it's that the rewards for random DLC need to be scaled better to make the time invested worth it

Base Game dungeons are designed for, at maximum, level 45-49 players. While DLC dungeons are meant for actual Veteran Players beyond level 50.

Fair comment
    I understand what you are saying but I honestly believe that separate queues for Vet base game and Vet DLC dungeons is needed at this point. I don't need or want bonus rewards for vet Wayrest I.
    Edited by priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO on May 31, 2021 3:31AM
    It boils down to two options... Option A Which essentially involves reprogramming the human race, which is tricky and takes time... (a few people have tried) or Option B which is , yep... separate queues. ./bow
    Edited by priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO on May 31, 2021 3:21AM