The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

To all the people that rush dungeon and skip mobs

Julia_Nix
Julia_Nix
✭✭✭
And then all the time you saved wasted on sitting in sneak by a door you can't use because "in combat":
a48d573ccc9fb03fc79992361a21a1df.jpg

<3
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing...

A lot of these "rush" folks are farming gear, and in some instances the most desirable gear drops as weapons. So instead of rush rush rush, looking carefully for chests would net better results.

As an example, I was in Arx Corinium (I do finally have the Medusa full rings & staves) because I have a few characters who like Lamia, and I'm trying to get the full set in divines (don't want to use my transmutes on this) and while I'm at it, would appreciate a few more Lamia or Medusa stamina weapons so that if/when I have to trans-create something it's easier.

So here I am (this was a few days ago) ... in I go (not 100% sure if that was the undaunted for the day) in with a group of rush - rush - rush ers.

So I'm tinking along (I think I was the healer), and the last trash mob before the final boss drops a Medusa Fire Staff. Of course by the time I register this in my brain, the group is already starting the final fight. Yes, you heard me. Medusa Inferno staff off a TRASH mob!

So we kill her nibs, and then boom they are all gone. No parting comments, maybe one "tyfg" and everyone boogies (and from the way they had all charged in sync, I think they might have been a group of 3 who queued to fill out their group).

I would have shared, but no option.

It gets better. If you wander "out" there is a place where often a last chest spawns. It was there, and I opened it.

Medusa lightning staff.

Which I also already have.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to look for chests, cause I am collecting gear regardless of dung, so sticker book gets full, but when I see that in pugs we have rushers, I like to increase tempo and make them chase me - especially when I am playing my NB Vamp in stage 4 ^^
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arx you definitely don't want to rush. It has at least 4 chests and sometimes up to 7.and every group someone is asking for Medusa or UI weapons.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Funny thing...

A lot of these "rush" folks are farming gear, and in some instances the most desirable gear drops as weapons. So instead of rush rush rush, looking carefully for chests would net better results.

As an example, I was in Arx Corinium (I do finally have the Medusa full rings & staves) because I have a few characters who like Lamia, and I'm trying to get the full set in divines (don't want to use my transmutes on this) and while I'm at it, would appreciate a few more Lamia or Medusa stamina weapons so that if/when I have to trans-create something it's easier.

So here I am (this was a few days ago) ... in I go (not 100% sure if that was the undaunted for the day) in with a group of rush - rush - rush ers.

So I'm tinking along (I think I was the healer), and the last trash mob before the final boss drops a Medusa Fire Staff. Of course by the time I register this in my brain, the group is already starting the final fight. Yes, you heard me. Medusa Inferno staff off a TRASH mob!

So we kill her nibs, and then boom they are all gone. No parting comments, maybe one "tyfg" and everyone boogies (and from the way they had all charged in sync, I think they might have been a group of 3 who queued to fill out their group).

I would have shared, but no option.

It gets better. If you wander "out" there is a place where often a last chest spawns. It was there, and I opened it.

Medusa lightning staff.

Which I also already have.

See Arx players that know drag the mobs to the chest spawn points and burn em there. Search for chest and move on to the next spawn point and repeat. Generally I farm this with groups though to outfit players with Medusa in a few short runs.

Every time I get a fire staff I also get a lightning in the same run. One run I got fire, ice, lightning and heal staff all from chests. Some crazy luck in there.
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, this is why I stopped grouping for Arx and started soloing it and getting all the chests. I got all my Medusa done from those chests, soloing.

There's a concept in the Marines: "Work smarter, not harder." although this is kinda also a joke. So if players wanna rush and work harder/longer instead of playing it smarter, that's on them.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all groups are the same. If one desires something specific then you're better off preforming a group with friends. Using the random group finder will generally give you players that just wanna get the daily random done and move on to the next toon.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same applies to public dungeons I think.

When I was grinding Old Orsinium to try to get a specific motif page I needed for a master writ, it dropped from a trash mob.

Likewise when I was grinding other public dungeons for the fragments of their collectibles-- like as not, the fragments would drop from trash mobs, not just from the bosses and mini bosses.

I don't understand why so many players skip the trash mobs. For that matter, I don't even care for the term "trash mob," since it implies that the mob is utter garbage and never drops anything worthwhile, which is untrue.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos should introduce a new "Easy hard mode" that takes out all the trash mobs and just leaves the last boss. I'm sure it would be very popular
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how you hurry, you will notice at the end of the day that you traveled at the speed of time.
    Edited by Sylianwe on May 31, 2021 2:31AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about delves then I do this all the time

All I want is the sky shard and last boss

All the trash along the way is low do and not particularly fun but I live a good boss fight in level 5 training armor
  • Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    If you're talking about delves then I do this all the time

All I want is the sky shard and last boss

All the trash along the way is low do and not particularly fun but I live a good boss fight in level 5 training armor

I said dungeon as in group dungeons not overland delves
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Zos should introduce a new "Easy hard mode" that takes out all the trash mobs and just leaves the last boss. I'm sure it would be very popular

They should add double drop on endboss if every other boss and trash has been killed.