The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dodge - Make it realistic

HanStolo
HanStolo
✭✭✭
If you are running around in HVY armor, you shouldn't be able to dodge 7 out of 10 attempts. The amount of dodges is insane right now in Cyro. Will they ever make it more realistic where in order to gain it's benefit, you have to sacrifice something?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy dodges cost more already.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be fair if you want realistic, nobody should be able to dodge that many times, not even medium well fitted, doge roll is such a strong counter to too many things. Should be able roll like 2 or 3 times max regardless of how you build. Or make dodge have its own meter instead of it taking stamina. Needs to be like an action point meter like some other games, should have to choose if you want to block or roll dodge or do anything like it. Shouldn't be able to perma block nor perma roll.

That or make more skills bypass roll and block.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    That or make more skills bypass roll and block.

All AoE damage skills. That's a wide array of tools really.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a game not real life simulator my dude. Why does it have to be realistic?
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodging in Heavy armor is already very expensive. I doubt heavy armor users can even dodge 10 times in a row. Personally I run medium and I can basically dodge unlimited, if the game would let me and don't forget that I am actually in a dodgerole and still gets me executed by Executioner or something...
    Edited by L_Nici on May 31, 2021 11:50AM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not talking about dodge rolling or blocking. Just random dodges that seem to happen all the time.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get why people are angry about roll dodge, it is so incredibly buggy that you get hit with direct damage abilities half the time plus dots and channeled abilities go through it. If anything is overpowered in PvP its the low cost and incredible damage mitigation blocking with a sword and board offers or just the sheer strength to cost or mist form. Roll dodge is actually terrible for the cost unless you are grossly outnumbered.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fawn4287 idk why you say one is much better than other, I've played permablocks, abused elusive, and I also abused 7x mid 7x wellfitted. That's all viable defensive tools, with upsides and downsides.

Single target DoTs don't go through dodge roll unless it's lagged. DoTs do go through blocks and is literally the scariest nightmare for the permablocker.

Now lets not pretend dodge rolls are useless, they are not. It avoids the damage completely unless hit with AoE or lag. They also make you mobile, unlike block that requires you to move slower. And you can click heals inbetween dodges, in same GCD, unlike elusive+heal.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not dodge roll or anything like that. Guy is there standing still, walking, running, in any case, i just see dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they would change the precise trait to "reduce target dodge change by 50%" i'd use on all toons
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They desperately need to fix the free dodges due to the server crapping the bed on calculations positions. Actually normal dodges are fine.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr