The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Project Nova - Fights & Highlights [Videos]

• NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is our latest video compilation of fights and other fun stuff!

One thing we hear a lot is that we somehow manage to skirt around performance issues. We experience the same game performance that everyone else does…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_B9zBTg-AI
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    True that it's hilarious how there are people who think that we are not affected by the performance issues :D

I any case, many thanks to Frog for compiling yet another video of the good fun & nice fights that we are having
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    [snip]

Except the many people you see fighting us in the video :)

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 17, 2022 5:50PM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    True that it's hilarious how there are people who think that we are not affected by the performance issues :D

I any case, many thanks to Frog for compiling yet another video of the good fun & nice fights that we are having

There's been people on EP writing zonechat with stuff like ''just report them'' and ''report them for harassment'' etc.
    We know you use that mythical lag switch. :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On video i see perfect bar swap as well as single button press to cast skill. Now compare it to many players who needs to smash button like 5 times for just one cast.[snip]

[edited for potential bait]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 16, 2022 4:35PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Hi, lovely videos and all, but..

We lag a lot next to your group.
    Abnormally so.

The operating times of your group are 9pm-11pm each and everyday on Greyhost CP PC EU (Prime time)

Current ping with this guild in action (Spikes to 300-400 and skills not firing) and it's a generality, not only local)
    We speak about it in zone chat on our respective sides. We can tell when the group is online via latency/performance without even being near them.

Other 12 man groups of the same size don't hinder/hamper or impair the latency as much/to this degree.
    The common outcome to our encounters is that we now, as an alliance, just let this group walk off with the scroll as there is no pleasure in the gameplay (We cannot physically play with the delays)

Just a messenger bringing the news.

@ZOS_Kevin

^ Pretty much this. Other "ball groups" don't cause such lag. Idk why it is only that particular group/guild that does that. You can even tell if the players switch alliance for certain campaign. For the most part I have (and not only me) learned to recognise them, even if they change "colors" and characters. At one point, I clearly remember that they joined EP (faction I play as) and joined a sige of an enemy keep. Do you think we did not lag ? Of course we did. It does not matter if they are "enemies" or "allies". Every one arround them lags. You are lucky if the only side effect would be no bar swap. Usually it ends up with slow-motion bug or even server kick.

That is why many experienced players simply avoid them. They allow them to grab scrolls & troll the map because they don't want to have anything to do with them. Players simply know that as soon as they get near they will start lagging even more. I can be at my Allaiance home base, just chilling and my ping goes up by 300 - 400 as soon as Nova starts doing something at the other side of the map. It just feels kinda unfair. And I am not even talking about trying to fight them / stop them. Players just know when Nova loggs in as we all can "feel it", even if we don't see them.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 14, 2022 2:04PM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    MipMip wrote: »

There's been people on EP writing zonechat with stuff like ''just report them'' and ''report them for harassment'' etc.
    We know you use that mythical lag switch. :trollface:

:D
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    We lag a lot next to your group.
    Abnormally so.

The operating times of your group are 9pm-11pm each and everyday on Greyhost CP PC EU (Prime time)

Interesting observation... we raid 3-4 times a week, 8pm -10pm CET on Greyhost... so if you find that lag is high every day between 9pm and 11pm it obviously isn't correlated to us running, but rather it is prime time lag caused by everyone
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    On video i see perfect bar swap as well as single button press to cast skill. Now compare it to many players who needs to smash button like 5 times for just one cast. If your group had to press the button five times to cast Radiant Regen, it wouldn't have lived even ten seconds )

almost like we don't include footage of us not being able to do anything (((: would you guys like to see that? Let us know and we'll add it to the next video!

from about 3:45 in the video you can quite clearly see ME pressing rad regen and vigor multiple times before it goes out. Not to mention... 6 minutes.
    Edited by NotTaylorSwift on June 16, 2022 2:07AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost like we don't include footage of us not being able to do anything (((: would you guys like to see that? Let us know and we'll add it to the next video!
    yes pls, [snip] All i see at recap is bunch of Tornados and synergy... from ONE GUY like in 1 second. Meanwhile i can't even get to Mist form, spamming button with no effect. Same as others.

So yeah, your group causing a lot of lag. [snip]

[edited for bashing & minor baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 17, 2022 5:45PM
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/XRV6yTy6fsM

Here u go :) first proper video in some time from our group.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/XRV6yTy6fsM

Here u go :) first proper video in some time from our group.

Nice vid!
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you guys still exploiting broken mechanics to kill people that dont have a clue about PvP.
    Such great gameplay.
    Glad I left Cyro, It' just a bad joke.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »
    So you guys still exploiting broken mechanics to kill people that dont have a clue about PvP.
    Such great gameplay.

broken suggests not working as intended..
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »
    Such great gameplay.

broken suggests not working as intended..

For people that likes fair fights broken means a menchanic that is too powerfull thus rendering such fights not interesting because their are not about skills but only about exploting such mechanics.
    But I know you guys don't care about meaningfull fights, best to spam your aoe to kill people that don't have a clue about pvp and has still not learned to keep at distance.
    If you have fun doing that just do it.
    But coming here bragging is like somenone that brags because he stole some candy from a children.
    This of course is my totally personal opinion about your gameplay.

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in the first minute I see fights against like 2-3 guilds who fall into the same category as Nova, so to label those as 'players who don't have a clue about PVP' is incorrect.

Even some of the larger zerg guilds on Gray Host have been playing for 5+ years, so if they by now don't have a clue about PVP it's kind of on them.
    Edited by WaywardArgonian on September 14, 2023 4:16PM
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Laddey
    Laddey
    ✭✭

That background tune is an absolute banger.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year! See everyone in Cyrodiil :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtsMpLb9XAw
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year! See everyone in Cyrodiil :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtsMpLb9XAw

2:04 unmorphed Meteor exposure :#
  • cptfrog
    cptfrog
    ✭✭
    Another new video recorded from only 2 raids, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFppufjIjSI
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's me or ball group gameplay seems boring as hell?
    I always see them doing the same exact things, seem like watching some trial boss with always the same mechanics.
    A trial boss that thrive on the most broken mechanic i have ever seen in a game with PvP.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    I always see them doing the same exact things, seem like watching some trial boss with always the same mechanics.
    A trial boss that thrive on the most broken mechanic i have ever seen in a game with PvP.

It's very fun and challenging. Videos like that make it look easy to tank the entire zerg but I assure you it's not.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenging? I see ball group can go on for hours doing the same exact thing with zero risk of getting killed.

Remove that totally broken mechanic of healing stacking then we can talk again.

Now is as challengins as 2 professional wrestlers fighting 10 toddlers.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenging? I see ball group can go on for hours doing the same exact thing with zero risk of getting killed.

Remove that totally broken mechanic of healing stacking then we can talk again.

Now is as challengins as 2 professional wrestlers fighting 10 toddlers.

Try making a ballgroup and see how that works out for you.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try making a ballgroup and see how that works out for you.

What goes unsaid is it's kind of tricky to get 12 people to play the same content you are playing together in the exact way that you want them to play it for the express purpose of griefing the rest of the population.

But if you can do that, then yes it is very easy.
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭

It's very fun and challenging. Videos like that make it look easy to tank the entire zerg but I assure you it's not.

It's not challenging at all right now with the current population cap. It was challenging few years ago, when party cap was 24 and a ball group was rushing into a zerg of 40-50+.

Now even in this clip you can see how the pushes are against less or equal amount of people. How exactly is this challenging? To use RDK as addon to follow one person, use Proximity Detonation and Ult stacking when told and spam Executes while cleansing and overhealing the low amount of sieges/spam from zerglings?

Most of those people in the ball group have been here for years and playing in such groups for years, can they honestly say that it's as challenging as it was few years ago?

• cptfrog
    cptfrog
    ✭✭
    Aerenthir wrote: »

It's not challenging at all right now with the current population cap. It was challenging few years ago, when party cap was 24 and a ball group was rushing into a zerg of 40-50+.

Now even in this clip you can see how the pushes are against less or equal amount of people. How exactly is this challenging? To use RDK as addon to follow one person, use Proximity Detonation and Ult stacking when told and spam Executes while cleansing and overhealing the low amount of sieges/spam from zerglings?

Most of those people in the ball group have been here for years and playing in such groups for years, can they honestly say that it's as challenging as it was few years ago?

Surely some clips we push into less then we are, but did you even check the entire video? Last few clips we are 7 people in group and we have roughly 30+ people chasing us.
    Also you say ''while cleansing'', seems you are unaware of a set called Plaguebreak.
    Also also you say it was much harder in the past? It was def not bcuz you had Harmony increasing the dmg of your synergies by 110% or w/e it was back then, u could run 1 DD and 11 healers if u wanted to, grave robbers were doing easy 25k+ dmg when crit (which was almost always since u had acuity always making you have 100% crit chance).

I agree with what @WaywardArgonian just said, try ballgrouping for yourself and see if it is as ''easy'' as you claim.
  • cptfrog
    cptfrog
    ✭✭
    If anything its harder nowadays then what is used to be bcuz there was alot of 'nerfs' to the style of playing ballgroup.
    - Cant purge anymore due to Plaguebreak, so sieges actually hurt af. If you take 3+ oils you are almost instadead since they tick for 10k
    - Acuity got nerfed
    - Harmony got nerfed
    - Some synergies dmg got nerfed
    - Vigor and RR changed (healing less per tick)

These are just a few of the changes that was made over the years_
    Then you could also argue some stuff that made ballgroups life easier such as:
    Dark Convergence and Rush of agony