The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

zaan mask style page

kaasbobkaas
Hello, does anyone know a roughly drop rate of the zaan mask style page?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.5% without HM achieve and 5% with is the estimated drop rate.
    Options
  • kaasbobkaas
    alright thanks,
    first of all i know how RNG works but it really is ridiculous that i havent even got 1 in over 50 runs (all with HM achievement) so is there something im doing wrong here or just bad luck?
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alright thanks,
    first of all i know how RNG works but it really is ridiculous that i havent even got 1 in over 50 runs (all with HM achievement) so is there something im doing wrong here or just bad luck?

tbh i haven't seen it drop with the loot addon since the maintenance, maybe they screwed something up. Did anyone see it drop since yesterday?
    Edited by zvavi on May 30, 2021 12:19AM
    Options
  • kaasbobkaas
    yea, i saw 3 drop yesterday and 2 today.
    and i thought you could buy the zaan shoulder style page for 50 keys, but i cant buy them, none of the npcs has that as a option so was i wrong thinking you could buy it for 50 or is it bugged?
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and i thought you could buy the zaan shoulder style page for 50 keys, but i cant buy them, none of the npcs has that as a option so was i wrong thinking you could buy it for 50 or is it bugged?

Bugged, they will fix it probably when patch hits. I thought they fixed it yesterday but I guess I was wrong. I saw 0 drop today (sob)
    Edited by zvavi on May 30, 2021 12:29AM
    Options
  • kaasbobkaas
    ah okay thanks, could it be that if the shoulder is bugged the mask could be bugged aswell?
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah okay thanks, could it be that if the shoulder is bugged the mask could be bugged aswell?

I mean, the mask is dropping, you have seen it 5 times in the last 40 hours, so probably bad luck.
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's loads of them on guild traders, it's only been out 2 days so they must be dropping quite frequently, especially since its and easy and short dungeon
    Options
  • kaasbobkaas
    zvavi wrote: »

I mean, the mask is dropping, you have seen it 5 times in the last 40 hours, so probably bad luck.

yea thats true
    Options
  • kaasbobkaas
    rumple9 wrote: »
    There's loads of them on guild traders, it's only been out 2 days so they must be dropping quite frequently, especially since its and easy and short dungeon

yep i know but i dont have the gold to buy those, thats why im farming it + to sell them myself
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Bugged, they will fix it probably when patch hits. I thought they fixed it yesterday but I guess I was wrong. I saw 0 drop today (sob)

They will be fixing it in an incremental after the update. They will be extending the availability of the Zaan style set as a result:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7267683#Comment_7267683
    Options
  • kaasbobkaas
    well, now 80 runs and still no drop
    Options
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten a drop yet in SCP for the mask, but in terms of the shoulders, someone in zone chat told me you can get it from the 1 key box, and I got it on my first try.
    Options
  • kaasbobkaas
    update: 86 runs and finally 1 dropped :smile:
    Options
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm out of the loop. Been seeing people talking about this mask a lot recently. Is it actually new? What dungeon is it from? I know it's insanely expensive.
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran it once on HM with 2 others and it dropped for 2 out of the 3 of us

If that helps
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadraeus wrote: »
    I'm out of the loop. Been seeing people talking about this mask a lot recently. Is it actually new? What dungeon is it from? I know it's insanely expensive.

Scalecaller Peak I'm guessing which is the DLC dungeon Zaan drops from. It is a really powerful single target melee range monster set that's gone through a couple of rebalances over the years but still remains competitive if not the best. It also looks awesome so the grind for the style pages makes sense.
    Zaan-Female-Front.jpg?ssl=1
    Edited by Vevvev on June 1, 2021 9:05PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options