The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fishing Dailies and Fish Market Vendors

achoo420
achoo420
✭✭✭
I feel like the game is missing fishing dailies. I'd like to propose fishing dailies and fish market vendors to bring more passion and fun into fishing and to give it a real purpose. Fish market vendors should also be a thing to get rid of the over abundance of filleted fish. The purpose of the vendor is to get new stuff and to trade the filleted fish for fish bait and other rewards. This would allow for more fishing achievements and new rewards like a fisherman's get up such as a fishing hat or a rare special mount drop like a turtle that can be ridden on land and doesn't dismount you when you go into water. We have dailies for everything else in the game such as dolmens, delves, world bosses, dungeons, etc. We need a fishing daily to bring something new and exciting for fishing and to give it a purpose. As of now I feel it's useless even with the perfect roe and special items that you have a chance to get. I also feel if I got all the fishing achievements in the game then what is the point to keep fishing? Definitely not for the perfect roe when I can buy and trade with other players. I also propose to make all the fishing daily rewards bind on pick up as well so that it will promote people to fish more during their adventures. Make the quest bring us to random zones and fish up a certain amount of fish per zone. Kind a like the thieves guild daily mission board for stealing lock boxes.
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭
    forgot to add in new skin idea too for staves and that would be to make it look like a fishing pole for a reward drop.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice idea, 👍👍👍
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a nice idea indeed.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another nice addition would be if you not only get fillets or perfect roe when you fillet the fish, but also scales as raw material and style pages for a special scale armor.

And it would also be great to have other fishing methods, such as fishing with a harpoon, net or trap. That would bring some variety.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down for the fishing dailies. Good call.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, fishing dailies would be the only dailies other than writs I would ever do. Great ideas!
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.
    Trading filleted fish for bait? Genius.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been asking for more fishing related activities, and all we got so far was Summerset. Fishing in my opinion is a afterthought for zos, doubt much will be done with it. Just saying.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see fishing dailies but I also think fishing needs a few other changes. I would like to see fishing be a type of mini game maybe. When you hook a fish you actually gotta control your pole to get the fish landed. If it runs right you take the pole to the left and that kind of thing.
    Would also be fun if sometimes you catch a monster that will attack. Something that is somewhere between the mini dolman things that pop up and a world boss for difficulty. So sometimes while fishing a good strategy might be run and live to fish another day.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I would like to see fishing dailies but I also think fishing needs a few other changes. I would like to see fishing be a type of mini game maybe. When you hook a fish you actually gotta control your pole to get the fish landed. If it runs right you take the pole to the left and that kind of thing.
    Would also be fun if sometimes you catch a monster that will attack. Something that is somewhere between the mini dolman things that pop up and a world boss for difficulty. So sometimes while fishing a good strategy might be run and live to fish another day.

No, leave it as is and bring more to the table by adding what I suggested without giving the developers more headaches. It would also take rewriting the way fishing is done which can lead to more bugs in the game. My idea would be simple to add and bring more to the table.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool idea and I am on board. Would love to see this in game. It shouldn't be difficult to implement at all since the systems are already there. Could be an easy win for the devs.
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    Yeah it would be awesome to see a fishing overhaul making it more skill based and suitably more rewarding. Heck, an update that added mini game(s) while you are waiting for LFG to pop would be welcome. I recall LOTRO did a nice job with fishing.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fishing
    Edited by priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO on May 30, 2021 1:06AM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even like fishing but I like this
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    achoo420 wrote: »

No, leave it as is and bring more to the table by adding what I suggested without giving the developers more headaches. It would also take rewriting the way fishing is done which can lead to more bugs in the game. My idea would be simple to add and bring more to the table.

I know why what I want will not happen. The same reason your idea even though easier to implement will also probably not happen. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

I like your idea and would fish more if it were implemented.

Along your idea if done I would like to see one of the rewards be a row boat furnishing. Maybe you get it after donating 1,000 green fish to an orphanage or something. For 1,000 green fish it would need to be a really nice row boat though.
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda wish they'd add a sort of fishing sticker book where you can see which fish you've caught and maybe even read some lore/facts/flavour text about them. I love reading little bits of lore about fictional fauna.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda wish they'd add a sort of fishing sticker book where you can see which fish you've caught and maybe even read some lore/facts/flavour text about them. I love reading little bits of lore about fictional fauna.

The fishing sticker book already exists as part of your achievements, but I agree that they could definitely use more flavour text and lore instead of "this is a Grahtwood River fish". Some of them have such interesting names too, so some thought must have already went into them. Would be cool if we could actually see some more of that.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a awesome idea and I like it
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really good ideas. With these improvements I might actually take up fishing again.
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭

I know why what I want will not happen. The same reason your idea even though easier to implement will also probably not happen. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Along your idea if done I would like to see one of the rewards be a row boat furnishing. Maybe you get it after donating 1,000 green fish to an orphanage or something. For 1,000 green fish it would need to be a really nice row boat though.

Get the achievement for fishing in all the zones and you can buy a fishing boat furnishing already in the game. Just got to work for it first before you can purchase it in game.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy fishing but totally ignore any associated achievements. For me to have any interest in fishing achievements would require them to be account bound. I've no interest in tracking which character has caught which fish.

My elf normally fishes once a day for one purpose: to gather three fish to use in her blue food recipes. Getting anything on her line except a normal fish actually makes her cranky.

As far as OP's idea, it has no interest to me but I certainly don't mind it as long as the basic drop rate on regular eating fish does not drop to provide more junk on the end of the line like wet gunny sacks, furnishings or rare fish.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would participate in some kind of fishing "craft". I get blue and green trophy fish every once in awhile. As far as I can see they are only good for selling to a merchant. Haven't seen anything in collections relating to them.
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    I would participate in some kind of fishing "craft". I get blue and green trophy fish every once in awhile. As far as I can see they are only good for selling to a merchant. Haven't seen anything in collections relating to them.

The trophy fish are just for selling to merchants and for achievements nothing more. Which I'm with it as is it just needs more to offer to make me want to keep doing it.
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭
    fine with*
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get the achievement for fishing in all the zones and you can buy a fishing boat furnishing already in the game. Just got to work for it first before you can purchase it in game.

I have that one. I would like a smaller boat.

dFdTbkf.jpg
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More fishing bait? Am I the only one with plenty of that or am I missing something?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a great idea. I need to do more fishing but I can only do it for short periods of time so I would just waste the purple two hour food buff.

The fishing in ESO is designed well, I would not like a mini-game added, I have played other games that had them and it was not enjoyable.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DukeCybran
    DukeCybran
    ✭✭✭
    As long as there won't be heavy competition over a fishing spot, then bring it on :D
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭
    More fishing bait? Am I the only one with plenty of that or am I missing something?

I'm thinking about the new players and finding a purpose for everything involved around fishing. I have plenty of bait and fish myself too. Not everyone wants to grind out more when you run out.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about the new players and finding a purpose for everything involved around fishing. I have plenty of bait and fish myself too. Not everyone wants to grind out more when you run out.

I haven't fished on the characters I just started on the PC, but I suspect I will be at plenty of bait very soon since I grab almost every flying bug....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭

I haven't fished on the characters I just started on the PC, but I suspect I will be at plenty of bait very soon since I grab almost every flying bug....

more then just bugs, got crawlers, worms, guts, and other bait that you can have a chance to fish up. Trading fish for bait allows us to keep fishing and not stop to farm when it allows for constant fishing.