The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamblade DPS help

Kynetik
Kynetik
✭✭✭
I have just returned from a break and spent about an hour on the dummy and cant seem to get over 27k on a 3mil dummy with reapers mark and was hoping someone would be able to look at my cmx and give me some pointers. Before my break i was upwards of 35-37k with the same gear on the same dummy. Is this a relearn moment or did stamblades get nerfed?
3DtlucJ.jpg
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    Switched Rending Slashes to Deadly Cloak for a very small increase. I also tried the Dark Shade and Hidden Blade, but that took about a 3k hit and went to 23k. Here is the cmx for the slashes switch:

pRi5Y4T.jpg
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    Switched Arrow Barrage to Endless Hail and broke 27k. I think im spending too much time bar flipping and need longer lasting abilities on my back bar to be able to hammer the front bar since that seems to be where most of my damage is coming from.

27k cmx:

x2PMClU.jpg
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    Removing Leeching Strikes from backbar and replaced with Dark Shade. Does shade not show damage done in cmx? There is no damage increase from adding shade.

cmx:

ef7CO6x.jpg
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    I moved over to the 21m and did 49k. Is this a light attack issue? My hand is all gimped up after hitting the 21m. Is this dps ok for Briarheart/Hundings? Please, anyone with any input would be great!

cmx:

HNgcs5D.jpg
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the Info tab and see how much time you are wasting due to inefficient LA weaving.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    49k sounds about right for Hundings and Briarheart. Get yourself some Relequen and Kinras if you have eso plus or Advancing Yokuda if you don’t. It is both a relearn and several, several nerfs.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try thief instead of lover if you hit the 21 mil dummy, and hit from behind. Also if you show the info tab there's a lot that could be determined
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    Try thief instead of lover if you hit the 21 mil dummy, and hit from behind. Also if you show the info tab there's a lot that could be determined

I had no idea hitting the dummy from the back increased dps, but totally makes sense. Here is another parse after picking up relequen last night.

cynmYC8.jpg

OCHbumh.jpg
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kynetik wrote: »

I had no idea hitting the dummy from the back increased dps, but totally makes sense. Here is another parse after picking up relequen last night.

cynmYC8.jpg

OCHbumh.jpg

Do you have any slotted CP stars? Like backstabber, fighting finesse, deadly aim? Tomorrow you'll also want master at arms on the Nightblade when it comes back into existence. The slotted CPs make up a big chunk of damage.

Selene isn't worth much anymore, you could swap it for one piece of slimecraw/ one piece of grundwulf. Or tomorrow instead of grundwulf grab the new kilt

Axes were nerfed hard earlier, but they won't be as awful tomorrow

Divines on armor and bloodthirsty jewelry will add a bit.

And try out thief, you're over penetrating a lot with the lover mundus on a Nightblade, and precise offhand is good. Sharpened is kind of wasted on a Nightblade, unless you join a group that isn't doing much of anything to reduce enemy armor.

Your skills/minute are very nice, it's all just meta and game mechanics shifting around
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on May 31, 2021 6:05PM
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the obvious first: Daggers on the front bar with precise/precise and nirn/precise [Axes are worst choice now]
    Maelstrom Bow backbar or Blackrose Daggers [These are the standards]
    Selene is doing 2K DPS. Is it worth it? You could run 2 Monster set one pieces of crit chance. For example Slimecraw and Grundwulf.
    Gold out and all Divines should boost you.

Now the rest:
    [You have a lot of overpenetration and not much crit chance] Change to Thief.
    Do you have CPs slotted? They do not show as slotted in CMX. Could be me, though. I havn't checked that part of CMX since U29 dropped.

And why do you have only Deadly Aim? You are running 6 DoTs (!), but do not have Thaumaturge.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly had no idea these new cp stars were a thing and didnt have any of them...oops...they made quite a few changes
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    So, I changed some cp around and actually made them active and changed to thief and pulled 66k on a 21m.

T2EbaK8.jpg

xFTGevy.jpg
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change traits to divines and bloodthirsty, with nirn/precise for weapons. Poison/fire will yield more dmg if you can sustain it for enchantments... others suggested two piece crit, or you could use arena duel wield daggers. Last you could get kinras over briar, as your LA looks good, and it shouldn't be too difficult to farm.

66k ain't too bad though, especially with what you got!
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you insist on using the Selene monster set, you should try out replacing surprise attack with Rapid Strikes. That would proc it more often. Selene had such a nerf....
    Otherwise Slinecraw/Grundwulf is the best option here. By a margin.

Other than that an infused Maelstrom Bow is a real DPS option for you. Even the normal one from the normal arena should boost you quite a bit.

And get dual dagger set up for the frontbar. Axes are really subpar this patch and the next.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    If you insist on using the Selene monster set, you should try out replacing surprise attack with Rapid Strikes. That would proc it more often. Selene had such a nerf....
    Otherwise Slinecraw/Grundwulf is the best option here. By a margin.

Other than that an infused Maelstrom Bow is a real DPS option for you. Even the normal one from the normal arena should boost you quite a bit.

And get dual dagger set up for the frontbar. Axes are really subpar this patch and the next.

well i dont insist on using it but its all i have at the moment, but i plan on following your advice and grabbing those pieces asap.
  • phil.maricel08ub17_ESO
    Are you using this stamblade in trials? My guild won't do trials with stamina classes. I honestly thought no one used stamina builds in trials!
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using this stamblade in trials? My guild won't do trials with stamina classes. I honestly thought no one used stamina builds in trials!

I’ve done a couple of normal trials with this, but I am not in a guild that does trials regularly(would like to change this). Just outta curiosity, why doesn’t you guild take Stam dps to trials?

• MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭

I’ve done a couple of normal trials with this, but I am not in a guild that does trials regularly(would like to change this). Just outta curiosity, why doesn’t you guild take Stam dps to trials?

Stam seldom reach pen-cap on their own, so they require the group to use gear to get their pen up. This takes away from using gear to boost damage etc... So they'd rather not spec the group to "carry" the stam players...
  • Kynetik
    Kynetik
    ✭✭✭

Stam seldom reach pen-cap on their own, so they require the group to use gear to get their pen up. This takes away from using gear to boost damage etc... So they'd rather not spec the group to "carry" the stam players...

Dang, looks like my attempts to improve are for nothing...*chuckle* oh well, seems like I should move towards magicka so I’m not a “carry”
  • phil.maricel08ub17_ESO

Stam seldom reach pen-cap on their own, so they require the group to use gear to get their pen up. This takes away from using gear to boost damage etc... So they'd rather not spec the group to "carry" the stam players...[

Its time to help us stamina classes NOT be carries in end game content!!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭

Dang, looks like my attempts to improve are for nothing...*chuckle* oh well, seems like I should move towards magicka so I’m not a “carry”

No need to worry about it. You're on a Stamblade, which is 2970 penetration ahead of most other stamina classes if you can hit from behind, and lots of trials guilds don't even care what you bring if you meet the min dps requirements, often they post different requirements for stam and mag since stam usually hits the trial dummy harder