The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK PvP Build: Vicious Burst Tank

Holy Warpath
Holy Warpath
✭✭
Vicious Burst Tank: Great for zeroing zergs and ball groups.
Recommended in PvP group play, great for defending keeps.

Main set: Defending Warrior found in Aetherian Archieve
Going to want to obtain in trait: Sturdy or you can transmute the trait to Sturdy.
"Cuirass, Gauntlets, Girdle, Greaves, Sabatons)
(2 items) Adds 1487 Armor
(3 items) Adds 1487 Armor
(4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(5 items) When you block an attack, you deal 4110 Magic Damage to all enemies within 10 meters of you and heal for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Secondary set: Vicious Death found in Campaign or Guild Traders
"Sword & Board, Lightning staff (AoE) + Jewelry"
(2 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(4 items) Adds 657 Spell Critical
(5 items) Adds 1487 Spell Penetration, When you kill a Player, they violently explode for 22940 Flame Damage to all other enemies in a 4 meter radius.

Grothdarr set obtained in Vaults of Madness
(1 item) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(2 items) When you deal damage to an enemy within 8 meters, you have a 10% chance to create lava pools that swirl around you, dealing 1800 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters of you every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Front Bar: Lightning Staff (AoE)
Burning Talons
Coagulating Blood
Volatile Armor
Draw Essence
Flame Pulsar
Ultimate: Standard of Might

Back Bar: Sword & Board
Proximity Detonation
"rest completely up to you"
Ultimate: Magma Shell

Great healing, resource management and damage output.

My preference for race: "Breton," Argonian, Dark Elf or High Elf

I only play on the Xbox One, because it is cheaper then PC.
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly that build is lacking damage. Use crimson over defending warrior if you are going for procs but expect both of those sets to do very little damage on Tuesday.

As for the skills...
    • you are using Draw essence instead of deep breath when the latter does more damage. I'd say get deep breath on there or drop the skill as it costs 4k magic and does about half as much damage as the other time delayed AoE burst abilities (shalk and blast bones).
    • You have both pulsar and talons slotted. you only need talons (your lighting staff makes it do lightning damage btw, its not flame pulsar)
    • Use leap instead of standard of might. MagDK has to rely on leap as its only source of burst damage
    I'd also recommend at least 5 pieces of light armor for more crit and pen. Probably go for 5 piece burning spell weave.

https://imgur.com/1ov1OOD
    I think you're going for something like this? That clip is as good as it can possibly get at the moment. MagDK doesnt excel at AoE damage right now unfortunately.
    Edited by Veg on May 30, 2021 6:24PM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additional comments on DK standards in PvP...

If you really want to use standard in PvP, use the shifting standard. Don't use standard of might.

Usually your enemies will move around in PvP, they're not NPCs and won't stay in the AOE over a long time.

Standard of might is very good in PvE but not so good in PvP. Occasionally it may help a bit when capturing flags bit it's not flexible most the time.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.