The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

crystallized shield magicka recovery unbalanced

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
i have nothing against the skill aslong as the magicka recovery goes. the magicka recovery makes that skill spammable in a way thats rly unhealthy towards any magicka characters.

there is actually no way for most mag builds to defeat someone abusing that skill.

as far as i know the ability also absorbs everything.... it should work like spell wall too which doesnt block beams.

Edited by Noctus on May 26, 2021 9:12PM
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    i have nothing against the skill aslong as the magicka recovery goes. the magicka recovery makes that skill spammable in a way thats rly unhealthy towards any magicka characters.

there is actually no way for most mag builds to defeat someone abusing that skill.

as far as i know the ability also absorbs everything.... it should work like spell wall too which doesnt block beams.

If they remove the recovered magicka, they would need to reduce the cost.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It doesn’t absorb everything, beams do in fact break through.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[/quote

I will take "Dragon Fire Scale" over Crystallized Shield any day. Wasting a global every 1 sec when you under a barrage of range attacks is not great. Even if the cost is very small.

one "Dragon Fire Scale" will leash back up to 12 fire balls in a 6 sec duration, while Crystallized Shield will only leash up to 3 ice balls.

Also, as far as I remember, Crystallized Shield doesn't not defend you from beams and many kinds of range attacks which are not recognized as a "projectile", While "Dragon Fire Scale" reduce the damage from any range attack.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here we have another nerf wardent thread
    Like coffe in the morning, no day can start without a nerf warden thread.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs
    Ray
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of agendas, there are aliens visiting earth. (Rolls eyes)
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Nerf sorcs

sorcs ball of lightning got nerf in next patch letting through beams and such
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

It doesn’t absorb everything, beams do in fact break through.

so atleast forcepulse and heavy lightning etc. goes through. rly didnt feel like it in all my encounters but ill have a closer look at that next time.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no, heaven forbid the easiest and strongest class in the game be somewhat challenging to play.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Oh no, heaven forbid the easiest and strongest class in the game be somewhat challenging to play.

Nerfing something doesn't make it a challenge it just gimps it.
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will take "Dragon Fire Scale" over Crystallized Shield any day. Wasting a global every 1 sec when you under a barrage of range attacks is not great. Even if the cost is very small.

one "Dragon Fire Scale" will leash back up to 12 fire balls in a 6 sec duration, while Crystallized Shield will only leash up to 3 ice balls.

Also, as far as I remember, Crystallized Shield doesn't not defend you from beams and many kinds of range attacks which are not recognized as a "projectile", While "Dragon Fire Scale" reduce the damage from any range attack.

Crazy how wings also failed to reflect every projectile not labelled as a projectile by the coding. Also every statues effect from projectiles that were reflected would still be applied to the DK.

And yet here we are, wings now gives you less damage mitigation than blocking. You don't want your 100% damage mitigation ability that also gives you major heroism to go to DKs and for wings as they are to go to you.

Face it... No one uses wings because its useless now. Your warden copy of wings is better in every way and always has been.

Also the only way you will ever get close to shooting out 12 fireballs is by getting literally zerged... You're dead at that point.
    Edited by Veg on May 30, 2021 3:20PM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am the ResidentContrarian and even I wouldn't make a statement like that.

Check out this screenshot from before Gaze of Sithis was nerfed (don't worry, this much is still possible with procs to do all the work for you since at the time I was not really optimized, at optimized with old Gaze of Sithis, this tooltip topped over 176k):

simmering-shield-novamp.png

There is no one on Nirn that would trade crystalized for dragon fire scale. It simply wouldn't happen. In fact, no serious PvPer using a DK mag or stam, has any space for such a useless skill because it's too situational and the damage makes zero real difference in securing a kill on a DK.

And to address players that say that crystalized doesn't absorb all projectiles -- so what? It does enough to make soloing vet trials possible in the next patch and shuts down a range build almost completely.

It also does enough to make a speedy build with gaze of sithis + procs on impossible to kill while they wreck everyone else (incoming meta, just you guys wait lol...).

It also does enough to negate the most dangerous procs that exist in the next patch. And, coupled with the rest of the class literally will "break the game" next patch IF ZOS hasn't already addressed it with their patch adjustments they have not revealed.

If I recall correctly , DK wings were nerfed because they shut down ranged builds and punished them. Yet, this skill essentially does the same thing, since it also gives mag regen and ult while the other player expends all of thiers. The defensive power on the skill IS too much, especially when you compare it to similar skills like: absorb missile, harness magicka, wings, or even set 5-pieces.

But there will be those that disagree. It's fine because overtuned things eventually will get nerfed. Only a matter of time, or only a matter of a youtube video when the patch goes live.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out this screenshot from before Gaze of Sithis was nerfed (don't worry, this much is still possible with procs to do all the work for you since at the time I was not really optimized, at optimized with old Gaze of Sithis, this tooltip topped over 176k):

There is no one on Nirn that would trade crystalized for dragon fire scale. It simply wouldn't happen. In fact, no serious PvPer using a DK mag or stam, has any space for such a useless skill because it's too situational and the damage makes zero real difference in securing a kill on a DK.

And to address players that say that crystalized doesn't absorb all projectiles -- so what? It does enough to make soloing vet trials possible in the next patch and shuts down a range build almost completely.

It also does enough to make a speedy build with gaze of sithis + procs on impossible to kill while they wreck everyone else (incoming meta, just you guys wait lol...).

It also does enough to negate the most dangerous procs that exist in the next patch. And, coupled with the rest of the class literally will "break the game" next patch IF ZOS hasn't already addressed it with their patch adjustments they have not revealed.

If I recall correctly , DK wings were nerfed because they shut down ranged builds and punished them. Yet, this skill essentially does the same thing, since it also gives mag regen and ult while the other player expends all of thiers. The defensive power on the skill IS too much, especially when you compare it to similar skills like: absorb missile, harness magicka, wings, or even set 5-pieces.

But there will be those that disagree. It's fine because overtuned things eventually will get nerfed. Only a matter of time, or only a matter of a youtube video when the patch goes live.
    They’re different skills.....

Crystallized Shield only negates three projectiles casted at you. It’s great when attacked by a low amount of projectiles, and meh against large amounts of projectiles.

Dragon Fire Scale reduces damage taken from all projectiles. It is amazing against large amounts of projectiles, but is not nearly as good as crystallized shield against lower amounts.

Just different skills altogether....

I think Dragon Fire Scale should have it’s fireball blast effect be per target though, so it can shine even more against large amounts of targets.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    tHeN nErF wArDs
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Nerf sorcs
    Um... It is weird, but shouldn't the NB be nerf meme at this point ? I mean they are barely playable, while sorcs can actually do something...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 31, 2021 12:03PM
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

They’re different skills.....

Crystallized Shield only negates three projectiles casted at you. It’s great when attacked by a low amount of projectiles, and meh against large amounts of projectiles.

Dragon Fire Scale reduces damage taken from all projectiles. It is amazing against large amounts of projectiles, but is not nearly as good as crystallized shield against lower amounts.

Just different skills altogether....

I think Dragon Fire Scale should have it’s fireball blast effect be per target though, so it can shine even more against large amounts of targets.

Except it gives you less damage mitigation than just blocking.... So why would you even waste the magic when you still have to block? There's a good reason no mag DKs use wings anymore. The ability accomplishes nothing.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The skill itself is not even bad neither is the mag recovery, you can still be hit right through it and die.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Nerfing something doesn't make it a challenge it just gimps it.

Haha that is exactly how you make it more difficult reducing the strength of damage and heals means its more difficult to stay alive and to kill others.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

The skill itself is not even bad neither is the mag recovery, you can still be hit right through it and die.

maybe if u are afk
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    Another "nerf warden" thread, just keep scrolling.