The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Cauldron (Vet) Final Boss Fight Question - Flame Vents

Fennwitty
Fennwitty
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I understand the Baron Zaudrus vet fight mechanics with the "laser beam" flame vents. You have to move and keep ahead of them or get toasted.

Does anyone know if the "laser beam" on vet is a guaranteed instant death mechanic, or do they just do really high damage?

Trying to figure out ways this fight can be made "easier" so to speak in PUG groups on vet to farm helms. I tried Barrier but that didn't seem to keep party members alive.
Edited by Fennwitty on May 26, 2021 5:02PM
PC NA
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, there is no way to take the laser beam damage in vet. A group I was with even tried strategic stacking at the start of the fight and the laser always started behind us.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't walking in a circle easy enough as it is?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

PUG.
    PC NA
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    mobicera wrote: »

PUG.

I dunno I don't think pugs are going to have much problems walking in a circle, just dangle some food in front of them.
    I mean even dogs aren't that dumb...
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s Insta death afaik - ran Cauldron normal vet and HM and you didn’t want to touch flame beam :)
    Edited by AndyMac on June 1, 2021 7:53AM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks all. Seems just need to try a couple times for group members to get used to it.
    PC NA