The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Best Side-Quests in ESO?

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering if anyone has compiled or found a list of the best side-quests? I have a gaming buddy who has limited time, and I thought it would be fun to just pop into the game and do an intriguing side quest in any of the zones (DLC included). In this way, with a limited amount of time, one could play through an adventure and gain some satisfaction from completion.
Thanks!
  • Ergele
    Ergele
    ✭✭✭
    sweetroll killer

hands down best quest

Also the public dungeon quest in blackreach/greymoor.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Soul-Meld Mage is a good one that I remember liking a lot (though it's been years now, so I might be looking through rose-tinted glasses so to speak). That I remember it at all is probably sign enough that it's worth your time.

You can find it at The Vile Laboratory, in Coldharbour. That link takes you to the LOCATION'S page on UESP; I didn't link the actual quest to avoid spoilers, because this is one of those cases where it actually matters. Don't look it up, just go do it!
  • ice34697
    ice34697
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Sweet Roll Killer in Gold Coast.

I also really enjoyed the Balmora quests in Vvardenfell (without revealing too much, it deals with House Redoran, the Ashlanders, deceit, murder, and of course Naryu).

The quest "Home Sweet Home" located at Merryvale Farms in Northern Elsweyr was also quite enjoyable to me as a nice break from hunting dragons and the zone story...mostly because I got to hangout with Raz-Um Dar again. Love that guy. Being able to travel with both Raz and Naryu was just awesome, IMO
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The House of Revelries quests in Summerset and Blackwood make for a nice change of pace if you like mysteries where you have the chance to figure it out from the clues before the dialogue spoon feeds you the answer.

There's a lengthy side quest in Balmora in that's rather important in hindsight if you do Summerset after Morrowind.

For House Redoran fans, make sure you assist Drelyth Hleran in Ald'ruhn for a neat bit of lore transitioning from ESO to TES3.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 22, 2022 10:18PM
  • EldritchSun
    EldritchSun
    ✭✭✭
    Most Summerset side quests. Korgrad, Ebon Stadmont, Enchanted college, House of Reveries.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two quests in particular.

First, Manor of Masques, also known as the House of Reveries quest, in Summerset. It's just so heartwarming.

Second, Geirmund's Oath in the Rift. The first time I encountered it, I laughed so much I could barely breathe.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Most Summerset side quests. Korgrad, Ebon Stadmont, Enchanted college, House of Reveries.

Corgrad Wastes was one of my favourites too - interesting story and some really good Altmer lore. Direnni Acropolis in Summerset was also a good quest for the same reason.

Need to redo Ebon Stadmont I think. I remember enjoying it but not fully understanding it so another playthrough would help.

For me:
    Base game - Hinault Farm in Rivenspire
    DLC - Zenithars Abbey in Blackwood
    Ps4 EU
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    The Soul-Meld Mage is a good one that I remember liking a lot (though it's been years now, so I might be looking through rose-tinted glasses so to speak). That I remember it at all is probably sign enough that it's worth your time.

You can find it at The Vile Laboratory, in Coldharbour. That link takes you to the LOCATION'S page on UESP; I didn't link the actual quest to avoid spoilers, because this is one of those cases where it actually matters. Don't look it up, just go do it!

I had a bit of a meltdown at the end. Why zos. Why would you do that to me 😅 the monkey get 2 thumbs way up though
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cannot remember the name of it , but the Blackwood quest to get the bog dog. It's a pain, but kind of sweet.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the side questline in Greenshade involving the Wilderking.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ice34697
    ice34697
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the side questline in Greenshade involving the Wilderking.

I didn't even realize that the person who becomes the Wilderqueen and the Veiled Heritance person you were unable to track down in Auridon were the same person until I played through auridon on a new character.

Mind blown with the multiple details the writers for the game put into story telling