The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sweeps

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So what's the reasoning behind the channel time in Sweeps that makes it nearly impossible to weave consistently (at least for me)? I've been playing a Mag Templar since I started ESO about 5 years ago. Parsing any other toon my LA ratio runs around .9. Parsing on my Templar my weaving goes through the floor and I'll literally miss around 25 light attacks (per Combat Metrics) on the 21 mil. I'm just curious as to why this particular skill is so wonky to weave with and why it has to be this way. Does the channel time have to be extended because of the additional heals and peripheral damage calculations? I know ZOS won't respond but I was wondering if anyone had an insight.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End of the day, they couldn't shorten the animation to match the channel time so they increased the channel time to match. All good now; right?
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    End of the day, they couldn't shorten the animation to match the channel time so they increased the channel time to match. All good now; right?

Well, it's not like I'm threatening to cancel my sub or anything. I still play a MagPlar in all content because I like the class. It just would be nice to squeeze a little more damage from a decent LA weave without having your brain hard-wired to a nuclear clock. :/
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps is already providing lots of dps on its own so fitting perfect LA weaving with it would be OP. Channelled/cast spells are stronger, and thus harder to time.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Sweeps is already providing lots of dps on its own so fitting perfect LA weaving with it would be OP. Channelled/cast spells are stronger, and thus harder to time.

Well, there are guys like Liko and Skinny Cheeks who can get close to a perfect weave and they aren't setting any parsing records using Sweeps on a MagPlar (it's actually some of their lower parses). So I'm kind of doubting it would be OP. For the rest of us mere mortals, a little more room for a reasonably successful weave would be nice.