The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resource Buffs Suggestion

DrSlaughtr
DrSlaughtr
✭✭✭✭✭
Something I face all the time is groups not wanting to take a single resource because they think it'll pull every enemy alliance to defend. Of course by not taking any you slow down the siege, giving ample time for them to show up.

Let's give people a real reason to take resources.

Slightly nerf the buff guards get from resources, because taking a keep that the alliance has no desire to defend is a boring grind due to endless CC's and ridiculous health bars.

Add a buff to defending players within the area around and within the keep. Here's why I think this would be great.

First, players should decide the battle, not the army of NPCs.

Second, this would force enemies to consider taking some or all the resources first, giving defenders a reason to defend them.

Third, each resource can buff certain things for the defenders. Here are my suggestion.

Mine = Buffs stamina damage
Lumber = Buffs mag damage
Mine & Lumber = having both buffs siege damage
Farm = Buffs health.

The buffs don't need to be massive, just enough to make resources worth the effort to take and defend other than guards being annoying.
Edited by DrSlaughtr on May 25, 2021 8:23PM
I drink and I stream things.
Twitch: DrSlaughtr
YouTube: DrSlaughtr
Facebook: DrSlaughtr
Twitter: DrSlaughtr
TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is about the map. Everything is built around the map and points are mostly allocated based on the condition of the map...no matter how much some players want it to be skill-based dueling paradise, it just isn't built that way.
    I would love to see resource control be an important part of keep defense and keep siege. If your faction controls the resources your faction should gain some advantages in the siege on the keep grounds, if your faction doesn't control a keeps resources, your faction should have some disadvantages in the siege on the keep grounds.
    What those buffs/debuffs should be I think should be a topic for discussion, but I don't know why anyone would want resource control to remain irrelevant in a game that absolutely is a siege simulator. Whether you want to be or not.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your description perfectly describes the competing risk/reward of capturing and ignoring the resources.

Added to which, if you play an organised group, you can allocate different group members to different resources and hit them all at exactly the same time, cutting the keep from the transitus network by lighting all three resources simultaneously. Organised groups should always provide benefits and incentives that zerging and disorganised rampaging does not.

Essentially, they are working as intended already because of this. They can be a hindrance or a benefit to you already as attacker or defender - depending on how you play and what your objective is.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on May 26, 2021 5:48PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vast majority of time if your group is big enough to hit 2 or 3 resources at a time, you're probably going straight to the door. At least on XB. I haven't played on PC in a long time.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr