The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Doubt about vma weapon

submagma
submagma
Soul Shriven
Hello, there, people! As a returning mag sorc, I'd like to know if it's worth to go back to vma to farm the perfected staff. I mean, spell penetration on the back bar didn't really used to be that big of a difference dps-wise, and as someone who spent lots of hours in vma to get the staff some years ago, I'm not too keen on doing it again. So, it's worth the pain? Thank you, guys, in advance

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are trying to squeeze out that last 0.25% of dps increase, then yes, the perfected bonus can help.

Otherwise, i wouldn't bother.
    popcorn.gif

Answer ✓
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often 0%. If you’re reaching the penetration cap in front bar (which you should) then additional Spell Pen on back bar does nothing. There are a handful of encounters in the game where the boss will summon adds that won’t be fully debuffed, and if you spam unstable wall the perfected staff will give ~3% more damage, but it’s usually not an issue.

Tbh I think the devs were trolling us when they chose the new vMA staff perfected bonus. They knew it needed a stat line to be consistent, but managed to find the one stat that was useless 99% of the time. A way to avoid raising the ceiling maybe, since everyone that does nMA will be equal to those farming vMA.
    Answer ✓
  • submagma
    submagma
    Soul Shriven
    Damn, the increase is that low? I'm happy for that. Thank you for the answer
  • submagma
    submagma
    Soul Shriven
    The last time I left the game I did because I felt like zos was copying that stupid blizzard way of getting you stuck in a game(same content with new stuff you need to get from it to stay competitive). You guys gave me back some hope for a game that I've been cheering for since it's announcement