The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about buffs?

SunBroDesion
SunBroDesion
✭✭
What class uses the least amount of buff or is more manageable for a returning player. I'm just trying to find a class to have fun with and managing buffs are a bit difficult rn for me, needing a class to train with buffs until I can get better and use different classes
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wanted to write stamina/magicka nightblade as you get your main armorbuff from your spammable (surprise attack/concealed weapon) and cloak + shade skills. But they do have to keep other buffs up like the spectral bow, major sorcery/brutality so now I'm not so sure..

All the classes need to keep the buffs up. Not easy to answer that question. :P
    EU | PC
  • SunBroDesion
    SunBroDesion
    ✭✭
    I'm just bad at watching my buffs, I know I need to get better at it, just wondering what class would help with it the most for pvp stuff, I mean I'm not even sure about my class yet....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like sorc has the least activitable buffs. You typically just have to maintain Surge and Boundless/hurricane.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    Well I mean usually every class has to keep up at least two buffs. Major resolve and major sorcery/brutality. Necro might be the hardest for you because you’ve gotta keep 3 up really. Spirit mender only last 15 seconds and you’ve gotta keep the Bone Armor and major sorc/brut up. Warden is pretty simple tho. 25 seconds on Betty netch snd 25 on Icy Fotress
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just wear rattlecage and mighty chudan for magicka or dreugh king slayer and chudan for stam. Then you don't need to do the 2 basic buffs👍
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As @relentless_turnip said above, there are sets you can equip to just have your important named buffs passively granted to you at all times. And there are also a handful of skill that can do the same just by sitting on your bar -- as in they grant their Major/Minor buffs passively. Building with these sets/skills isn't usually the best way to go about things, but it might work well for you if you want to have all your needed buffs be passive so you can just focus on casting active abilities.

This UESP page may help!

EDIT, to add :: Just note that a lot of those sources for various buffs are not totally passive, but often have some condition or something to grant them. You either gotta know which are which ahead of time, or just spend time clicking the stuff on that page to learn about which sources are passive or conditional. You could also try searching for a buff you want on something like ESO-sets.com, like this example here.
    Edited by GreenHere on May 23, 2021 4:34PM