The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crystal Weapon question

LettuceBrain
LettuceBrain
✭✭✭
So whenever I light attack before using Crystal Weapon, it just causes the enemy to take damage instead of turn my next attack into a more powerful one. I have a video if anyone doesn't understand what I mean, but I don't know how to upload it here. So is Crystal Weapon supposed to do this?
they/them/theirs
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to apply first before the attack. It's not like empower where you can wind up say a ranged heavy attack then boost the in flight missile after. Crystal weapon does however stack with empower and imbue weapon for a triple damage boost hit.
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Have to apply first before the attack. It's not like empower where you can wind up say a ranged heavy attack then boost the in flight missile after. Crystal weapon does however stack with empower and imbue weapon for a triple damage boost hit.

I get that but my point is it does the extra damage without having to apply. If I light attack before applying it does the extra damage without applying to the next attack. Let me try to figure out how to add the video so you can see what I mean.
    they/them/theirs
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    they/them/theirs
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's because you're using a weapon whose light attacks have a travel time. Crystal Weapon is being applied to the arrow you just fired while it is in flight. If you swap to a melee weapon (or wait longer between your LA and casting Crystal Weapon) it will behave differently.
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭

It's because you're using a weapon whose light attacks have a travel time. Crystal Weapon is being applied to the arrow you just fired while it is in flight. If you swap to a melee weapon (or wait longer between your LA and casting Crystal Weapon) it will behave differently.

Ah, I see. Well, thanks. It just kind of took me by surprise.
    they/them/theirs