The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Requests of Item Sets

master_vanargand
master_vanargand
✭✭✭✭✭
What are the Item Sets you want to buff or nerf?
Please tell us your opinion.

[My Request]
I want add status bonus of "657 Weapon Critical" to "5 items" of "Night Mother's Gaze" in the craft set.

Night Mother's Gaze
(2 items) Adds 657 Weapon Critical
(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(4 items) Adds 657 Weapon Critical
(5 items) Adds 657 Weapon Critical
(5 items) When you deal Critical Damage you apply Major Breach to the enemy, reducing their Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5948 for 4 seconds.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet you do lol.

Seeing as they have tried to nerf Crit Chance I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Personally I’d like to see more Crit resistance options
    Edited by Mythreindeer on May 21, 2021 2:26PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was the One Tamriel NMG, which was nice before Major Fracture got nerfed:

2 Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    3 Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    4 Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    5 When you deal Critical Damage you apply Major Fracture, reducing the enemies Physical Resistance by 5280

Ahh, the good ole days when your alternate could have this crafted and hit harder than a wet noodle
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your feedback.
    But I want you to write everyone's request rather than that.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could definitely see your request as valid to add a 5th piece bonus because there is similar sets like Tzogvin and Medusa most notably that offer a pretty easy to obtain "Minor/Major Buff" along with a statistical stat bonus.

I'd like to add to your idea though:

Night Mother's Gaze
    • (2 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    • (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    • (4 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    • (5 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    • (5 items) When you deal Critical Damage you apply Major Breach to the enemy, reducing their Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5948 for 4 seconds.

Big request for awhile has been to make the set double dip their bonuses since it doesn't just give a physical penetration debuff anymore, it's crafted and magicka characters have no available option from a set to provide Major Breach.

I think it'd be pretty rare for them to add crit chance on the 5th piece though, I'd see them adding something like weapon/spell damage or pen instead since they tend to not want to overload sets with too much of 1 stat pool even if it's the most obvious choice.

Hell, no better example than the 3piece bonus of damage instead of crit, when the set is designed to proc off crit damage.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 21, 2021 9:27PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your great idea.
    Most of Craft Sets aren't worth using.
    So Craft Sets need buff.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I don't enjoy the dungeon, I'm not farming the gear - no matter how good it is. Therefore, I'm a fan of crafted sets as well.

Some specifics I'd like to see on other sets though:

Queen's Elegance - Return the set to a simple, easy to understand solid buff to light attacks instead of whatever kind of incomprehensible mess it is now.

Winter's Respite - Return the set to healing 'nearby allies' instead of only members of your group. My healer will not use any set or skill that only heals group members.

Earthgore - Same as above.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changed Veiled Heritance set to this:
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (5 items) Increase your Weapon Damage equal to 15% of your Bash Damage. Your Bash attacks permanently deal 516 more damage.

Would remove the interrupt requirement and actually incentivise people to run bash glyphs to maximise the value of the set.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on May 23, 2021 3:35AM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resuscitation of our MURDERED Overland healing sets:
    • Winter's Respite - Remove "group member only" heal, add back Ally healing
    • Powerful Assault - Remove "group member only" buff, add back Ally buff
    • Redistribution - Remove "group member only" heal, add back Ally healing
    • Hiti's - Remove "group member only" heal, add back Ally healing
    • Coldharbour's Favorite - Remove "group member only" heal, add back Ally healing
    • Earthgore - Remove "group member only" heal, add back Ally healing
    Alternatively:
    1. Just revert all the group/ally healing changes you made to sets and skills when you were doing your "improving performance" experimentation in PVP, wherein you ultimately decided healing wasn't the problem
    2. Add automatic group formation at World Bosses and Group Events in the Overland (see Rift as an example for this)
    3. Add more Overland support/healing sets to the game with future content that do NOT require a group to function
    4. At the very least, allow Companions to count as a group member when you are ungrouped with others, so at least "they" can be supported by our sets
    :rage: ***is never going to let this go** :rage:

... :kissing_heart:

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (5 items) Increase your Weapon Damage equal to 15% of your Bash Damage. Your Bash attacks permanently deal 516 more damage.

Would remove the interrupt requirement and actually incentivise people to run bash glyphs to maximise the value of the set.

This is what Veiled Heritance used to be, when it was a much loved set:
    2 Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    3 Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    5 When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 400 for 5 seconds.

I love your suggestion, but sadly, since this is what it used to be I don't see them bringing that set back to usefulness
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    • Coldharbour's Favorite - Remove "group member only" heal, add back Ally healing
    Alternatively:
    1. Just revert all the group/ally healing changes you made to sets and skills when you were doing your "improving performance" experimentation in PVP, wherein you ultimately decided healing wasn't the problem
    2. Add automatic group formation at World Bosses and Group Events in the Overland (see Rift as an example for this)
    3. Add more Overland support/healing sets to the game with future content that do NOT require a group to function
    4. At the very least, allow Companions to count as a group member when you are ungrouped with others, so at least "they" can be supported by our sets

Any organized group player would vehemently disagree with these changes.

We don't want some randoms getting buffs that are intended for our own people. Rotations and group compositions are designed with things like target limits for sets and abilities in mind and throwing those all out the window would be tremendously destructive.

If you want to help a group, join a group - it's really that simple.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Queen's Elegance - Return the set to a simple, easy to understand solid buff to light attacks instead of whatever kind of incomprehensible mess it is now.

What are you talking about @AcadianPaladin ? The new Elegant set is super elegant as it is now! I'll break it down:

If you cast an ability that costs a resource to cast, the cost of the cast is reduced for the next cast by the cost of a cats cots with a Light Attack or Heavy Attack or Medium-Rare Attack while facing toward or away from an enemy or ally. When you fully charge a Heavy Attack, your previous Light Attack is refracted off of some swamp gas from a weather ballon on Venus, and the bonus damage is added to your next non-axial damage supplication, up to the limit which is divisible by the fractal soliloquy of the inscrutable acquiescence. The window for activating this bonus is .05 seconds long, so don't bother.

See? Simple! :D

(Seriously, though, all my Elegant gear was ruined and I'm still a little salty about it. Not only was it an idiotic "improvement" to the set, but someone involved with the rework seriously needs to look up what the word elegant means in the dictionary; I'm doubled irked about it due to the naming dissonance, haha. They should just rename the set Queen's Inelegance, amirite? *ba dum tss*)
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively:

We don't want some randoms getting buffs that are intended for our own people. Rotations and group compositions are designed with things like target limits for sets and abilities in mind and throwing those all out the window would be tremendously destructive.

Tremendously destructive? The change from Ally healing to "Group only" healing is very new. Everyone has been doing just fine without it for the past 5 7 years. And don't you worry, healers and supporters cast their stuff so much, randoms won't be stealing your precious buffs and healing. I promise, there is plenty to go around. But, of course, you are welcome to your opinion.

Edited by Cireous on May 25, 2021 12:24AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively:

Tremendously destructive? The change from Ally healing to "Group only" healing is very new. Everyone has been doing just fine without it for the past 5 7 years. And don't you worry, healers and supporters cast their stuff so much, randoms won't be stealing your precious buffs and healing. I promise, there is plenty to go around. But, of course, you are welcome to your opinion.

I'm talking about buffs not about out-of-group healing.

If a set does not have a target cap (e.g. Transmutation, etc.) then it's fine to buff out-of-group players but if it does have a target cap then it is messing up organized group play to have randoms stealing your Powerful Assault, Meritorious Service, Yolanakriin, etc.

There are other types of sets (call them "radius sets") like Worm Cult or Grave Guardian that would also have their functionality irreparably degraded if they applied to out-of-group players. If you're wearing a set like Worm Cult that only buffs 12 people (e.g. a full raid group) you expect it to be providing a constant buff to your group's Magicka Regeneration at all times. You absolutely cannot have third parties entering the radius and stealing away some of those 12 buff slots and thus nerfing the sustain of your own group members.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what Veiled Heritance used to be, when it was a much loved set:
    2 Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    3 Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    5 When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 400 for 5 seconds.

I love your suggestion, but sadly, since this is what it used to be I don't see them bringing that set back to usefulness

I actually would not want it to revert. I like the fact it is built around bash damage but the interrupt mechanic is inconsistent which is why I think it should just revolve around how much you have invested into bash damage. Bashing is effective when bash weaving not spamming it. Furthermore if you are in a group, the tank will likely interrupt a target before you can making it hard to get value out of its current mechanic.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively:

I'm talking about buffs not about out-of-group healing.

If a set does not have a target cap (e.g. Transmutation, etc.) then it's fine to buff out-of-group players but if it does have a target cap then it is messing up organized group play to have randoms stealing your Powerful Assault, Meritorious Service, Yolanakriin, etc.

There are other types of sets (call them "radius sets") like Worm Cult or Grave Guardian that would also have their functionality irreparably degraded if they applied to out-of-group players. If you're wearing a set like Worm Cult that only buffs 12 people (e.g. a full raid group) you expect it to be providing a constant buff to your group's Magicka Regeneration at all times. You absolutely cannot have third parties entering the radius and stealing away some of those 12 buff slots and thus nerfing the sustain of your own group members.
    I hear what you are saying, but you have a lot of people on the field casting this stuff. Also, randoms matter too :wink::heart:

• Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see Trial by Fire set 5pc proc to include the new Magic damage status effect, and any status effects caused by element or magic damage.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I could definitely see your request as valid to add a 5th piece bonus because there is similar sets like Tzogvin and Medusa most notably that offer a pretty easy to obtain "Minor/Major Buff" along with a statistical stat bonus.

Night Mother's Gaze
    • (5 items) When you deal Critical Damage you apply Major Breach to the enemy, reducing their Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5948 for 4 seconds.

Big request for awhile has been to make the set double dip their bonuses since it doesn't just give a physical penetration debuff anymore, it's crafted and magicka characters have no available option from a set to provide Major Breach.

I think it'd be pretty rare for them to add crit chance on the 5th piece though, I'd see them adding something like weapon/spell damage or pen instead since they tend to not want to overload sets with too much of 1 stat pool even if it's the most obvious choice.

What? Magicka Builds have staves, staves have Elemental Weakness.

If you're gonna ignore the imperative ability in your rotation, then we should just drop the whole Weapon/Spell power and critical splits. Just make it "Power" and "Critical Chance" for every set. Especially if you're going to make NMG more OP than New Moon Acolyte or Twice Born Star. It's a 6-trait set. It will need a weakness like "You take 10% more damage from AoE attacks."
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »

Night Mother's Gaze

If you're gonna ignore the imperative ability in your rotation, then we should just drop the whole Weapon/Spell power and critical splits. Just make it "Power" and "Critical Chance" for every set. Especially if you're going to make NMG more OP than New Moon Acolyte or Twice Born Star. It's a 6-trait set. It will need a weakness like "You take 10% more damage from AoE attacks."

Stamina builds can use Caltrops for Major Breach just as easily as Magicka builds can use Elemental Drain, and Caltrops actually deals some damage after the buff. For either build this set would just be providing an option if someone didn’t want to slot a skill for Breach. I don’t think I’d use it, but it could be useful to some.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Night Mother's Gaze

Stamina builds can use Caltrops for Major Breach just as easily as Magicka builds can use Elemental Drain, and Caltrops actually deals some damage after the buff. For either build this set would just be providing an option if someone didn’t want to slot a skill for Breach. I don’t think I’d use it, but it could be useful to some.

As a theorycrafter, when do you need major breach anyway if you're running light armor as a Magicka user? Soloing WB's?

You should have 11k penetration without major breach or even the lover mundus, the CP for penetration + Light armor passives makes it overpenetrate world mobs.

So again, you can make NMG into a hybrid set, but then it needs a penalty like New Moon Acolyte. OR the Devs need to stop the divide between Stamina and Magicka based abilities and healing. Because I quite enjoy using swords and daggers with magicka abilities. But Crit builds are usually the furthest out of reach for hybrids to be viable with endgame dps.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Night Mother's Gaze

As a theorycrafter, when do you need major breach anyway if you're running light armor as a Magicka user? Soloing WB's?

You should have 11k penetration without major breach or even the lover mundus, the CP for penetration + Light armor passives makes it overpenetrate world mobs.

So again, you can make NMG into a hybrid set, but then it needs a penalty like New Moon Acolyte. OR the Devs need to stop the divide between Stamina and Magicka based abilities and healing. Because I quite enjoy using swords and daggers with magicka abilities. But Crit builds are usually the furthest out of reach for hybrids to be viable with endgame dps.

Where is your penetration coming from? I have 939 x 6 = 5634 from Light Armor and 700 from Piercing CP. Not even enough to deal full damage to overland enemies with 9.1k resistance, much less the 18.2k in most instanced content.

I’m not sure where you’re going with the hybrid set and NMA statement. NMA has a penalty because it gives more than the standard 300 Weapon or Spell Damage on the 5pc. I like hybrid sets because in theory they make hybrid builds a little more viable. In practice I don’t expect to see many stam or mag using this set compared to the meta ones.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on June 1, 2021 8:05PM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Where is your penetration coming from? I have 939 x 6 = 5634 from Light Armor and 700 from Piercing CP. Not even enough to deal full damage to overland enemies with 9.1k resistance, much less the 18.2k in most instanced content.

I’m not sure where you’re going with the hybrid set and NMA statement. NMA has a penalty because it gives more than the standard 300 Weapon or Spell Damage on the 5pc. I like hybrid sets because in theory they make hybrid builds a little more viable. In practice I don’t expect to see many stam or mag using this set compared to the meta ones.

Sharpened trait on your front bar would be an additional +3,000 penetration on Epic/Purple staves. If you're running DW on a hybrid, then Nirnhoned and Sharpened for front bar--either way, it still gets you beyond the 9.1k. Any penetration beyond that is wasted damage potential for overland and basic PvE mobs. If all you're doing is Vet dungeons then you should rely on tank to get the remainder Major breach, or run elemental weakness morph for magicka regen anyway.

I have 11k penetration on my Magblade, and that's without Valkyn Skoria 1piece or The Lover Mundus. Running 6 Light and 1 Heavy. So I'm actually overpenetrating and should swap out one of my armors to medium for the Undaunted bonus instead. At least, that's why I should do--but my build is using 2 dropped light sets and one monster piece. *shrug*
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sharpened trait on your front bar would be an additional +3,000 penetration on Epic/Purple staves. If you're running DW on a hybrid, then Nirnhoned and Sharpened for front bar--either way, it still gets you beyond the 9.1k. Any penetration beyond that is wasted damage potential for overland and basic PvE mobs. If all you're doing is Vet dungeons then you should rely on tank to get the remainder Major breach, or run elemental weakness morph for magicka regen anyway.

I have 11k penetration on my Magblade, and that's without Valkyn Skoria 1piece or The Lover Mundus. Running 6 Light and 1 Heavy. So I'm actually overpenetrating and should swap out one of my armors to medium for the Undaunted bonus instead. At least, that's why I should do--but my build is using 2 dropped light sets and one monster piece. *shrug*

Ah, you’re using Sharpened. That explains the difference. I’m not willing to give up Precise front bar and Infused back bar.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Ah, you’re using Sharpened. That explains the difference. I’m not willing to give up Precise front bar and Infused back bar.

Yes, and it brings me back to my point originally, ZOS balanced the game in a way that you "can't have your cake and eat it too" when it comes to base stats. NMG would need to be nerfed in some other aspect if you made it hybrid because the Min-Maxers would be able to abuse it with all the natural penetration of magicka armor pieces. EDIT: *OR* People in PvP would just run this set in heavy and practically be unstoppable.
    Edited by Syrpynt on June 2, 2021 2:21AM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Hunt set is too weak.
    But I don't know how to improve it.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in previous patches, several item sets were updated with newer hybrid stats, combining stats that had been previously separate. Those stats were as follows:

Spell Penetration & Physical Penetration => Offensive Penetration
    Spell Critical & Weapon Critical => Critical Chance

These changes for the most part made a good deal of sense. For one, they helped increase the viability of hybrid builds that wanted more freedom in their choices, rather than adhering to the decisions that ZOS seems to force through the magicka/stamina dichotomy. These stats also worked better with the Mundus Stone offerings, where the older split stats were already offered in a pair through the corresponding Mundus Stones. And, in the case of penetration, Armor had already been forged from the individual resistances, so a unified Penetration stat to oppose the unified Armor stat just made sense.

However, these changes were not carried all the way through to all available sets. I feel they should be. I would personally like to see ZOS go through all sets currently offered, and update the individual Critical and Penetration stats to be Critical Chance and Offensive Penetration. The full list of changes this would entail are as follows:
    Crafted Sets:
    • Ashen Grip
      • 4 Items: 657 Critical Chance (instead of Weapon Critical)
    • Kvatch Gladiator
      • 2 Items: 657 Critical Chance (instead of Weapon Critical)
      • 3 Items: 657 Critical Chance (instead of Weapon Critical)
    • Law of Julianos
      • 2 Items: 657 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)
      • 4 Items: 657 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)
    • Night Mother's Gaze
    • Night's Silence
    • Spell Parasite
    • Stuhn's Favor
      • 3 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Physical and Spell Penetration)
    • Twilight's Embrace
      • 3 Items: 657 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)

Overland Sets:
    • Armor of the Veiled Inheritance
    • Briarheart
    • Defiler
    • Dragonguard Elite
      • 5 Items: Each stack of Dragonguard Tactics increases your Critical Chance by 275 (instead of Weapon Critical)
    • Flanking Strategist
    • Fjord's Legacy
    • Gryphon's Ferocity
      • 3 Items: 657 Critical Chance (increases of Weapon Critical)
    • Mat Tinkerer
    • Mother's Sorrow
      • 5 Items: 1528 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)
    • Ranger's Gait
    • Senche's Bite
    • Seventh Legion's Brute
    • Shadow of the Red Mountain
    • Shalk Exoskeleton
    • Silks of the Sun
    • Soulshine
    • Spinner's Garments
      • 5 Items: 3460 Offensive Penetration (instead of Spell Penetration)
    • Spriggan's Thorns
      • 5 Items: 3460 Offensive Penetration (instead of Physical Penetration)
    • Swamp Raider
    • Sword-Singer
    • Twin Sisters
    • Unfathomable Darkness
      • 3 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Physical Penetration)
    • Vampire Lord
    • Venomous Smite
    • War Maiden
    • Way of Fire
    • Wilderqueen's Arch
    • Ysgramor's Birthright

Dungeon Sets
    • Amber Plasm
    • Armor of Truth
    • Auroran's Thunder
      • 4 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Spell Penetration)
    • Azureblight Reaper
    • Blooddrinker
    • Blood Moon
    • Burning Spellweave
    • Caluurion's Legacy
    • Combat Physician
    • Draugrkin's Grip
      • 3 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Spell Penetration)
    • Dreugh King Slayer
    • Dro'zakar's Claws
      • 2 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Physical Penetration)
    • Elemental Catalyst
    • Flame Blossom
    • Kraglen's Howl
    • Heem-Jas' Retribution
    • Hollowfang Thirst
    • Ice Furnace
    • Icy Conjuror
    • Kinras's Wrath
    • Leviathan
      • 5 Items: 1528 Critical Chance (instead of Weapon Critical)
    • Light Speaker
    • Medusa
      • 5 Items: 892 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)
    • Moon Hunter
    • Netch's Touch
    • Oblivon's Edge
    • Pillar of Nirn
    • Scathing Mage
    • Scavenging Demise
    • Spider Cultist Cowl
    • Storm Master
    • Strength of the Automaton
    • Sunderflame
    • Sword Dancer
    • Talfyg's Treachery
    • Titanborn Strength
      • 5 Items: Adds ... and 1240 Offensive Pentration. This bonus doubles to .. and 2480 Offensive Penetration when you are under 75% Health. This bonus quadruples to ... and 4960 Offensive Penetration when you are under 50% Health. (instead of Physical Penetration)
    • Toothrow
      • 5 Items: Gain Major Luck (new buff) at all times, increasing your Critical Chance by 2629 (instead of Major Prophecy)
    • Treasure Hunter
      • 5 Items: Gain Major Luck (new buff) at all times, increasing your Critical Chance by 2629 (instead of Major Prophecy)
    • True-Sworn Fury
      • 5 Items: Adds 708 Critical Chance ... This bonus doubles to 1416 Critical Chance and ... when you are under 75% Health. This bonus quadruples to 2853 Critical Chance and ... when you are under 50% Health. (instead of Spell Critical).
    • Tzogvin's Warband
      • 4 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Physical Penetration)
      • 5 Items: When you deal Critical Damage, you gain a stack of Precision, increasing your Critical Chance by 177 for 5 seconds (instead of Weapon Critical)
    • Undaunted Infiltrator
    • Undaunte Unvweaver
    • Viper's Sting
      • 4 Items: 657 Critical Chance (nstead of Weapon Critical)
    • Widowmaker

Monster Helm Sets
    • Balorgh
      • 2 Items: When you use an Ultimate ability you gain ..., and Offensive Penetration equal to 23 times the amount for 12 seconds (instead of Physical and Spell Penetration)
    • Blood Spawn
      • 2 Items: When you take damage, you have a 6% change to ... and increase your Armor by 3731 for 5 seconds. (instead of Physical and Spell Resistance)
    • Iceheart
      • 1 Item: Adds 657 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)
    • Kra'gh
      • 1 Item: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Physical Penetration)
    • Stone Husk
      • 1 Item: Adds 657 Critical Chance (instead of Weapon Critical)
    • Valkyn Skoria
      • 1 Item: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Spell Penetration)
    • Zaan
      • 1 Item: Adds 657 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)

Cyrodiil Sets
    • Deadly Strike
    • Kyne's Kiss
    • Ravager
    • Robes of Alteration Mastery
    • Sentry

Elite Gear Sets
    • Robes of Transmutation
    • Vicious Death
      • 5 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Spell Penetration)

Rewards of the Worthy Sets
    • Soldier of Anguish

Tel Var Sets
    • Galerion's Revenge

Arena Sets
    • Archer's Mind
    • Hex Siphon
    • Pestilent Host
      • 5 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (instead of Physical Penetration)
    • Robes of Destruction Mastery

Jewelry Sets
    • Eagle Eye
      • 3 Items: Adds 1652 Critical Chance to your ranged direct damage abilities (instead of Weapon Critical)
    • Wrath of the Imperium
      • 3 Items: Adds 1652 Critical Chance to your melee damage abilities (instead of Spell Critical and ranged direct damage abilities)

Trial Sets
    • Arms of Relequen
      • 2 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Weapon Critical)
      • 4 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Weapon Critical)
    • Berserking Warrior
    • Destructive Mage
      • 3 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Weapon Critical)
    • False God's Devotion
      • 2 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Spell Critical)
      • 4 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Spell Critical)
    • Infalliable Mage
      • 5 Items: 657 Critical Chance (instead of Spell Critical)
    • Quick Serpent
    • Roaring Opportunist
      • 2 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (insted of Physical Penetration)
    • Roar of Alkosh
    • Twice-Fanged Serpent
      • 5 Items: When you deal damage, your Offensive Penetration is increased by 544 for 5 seconds, stacking up to 10 times. (instead of Physical Penetration)
    • Vicious Serpent
    • Wise Mage
      • 2 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Spell Critical)
      • 3 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Spell Critical)
    • Perfected Tooth of Lokkestiiz
      • 5 Items: 657 Critical Chance (insted of Weapon Critical)
    • Perfected Yandir's Might
      • 5 Items: 1487 Offensive Penetration (insted of Physical Penetration)

And then, perhaps ZOS could get around to finishing the job of hybridizing some of the offensive oriented weapon and armor passives that they started with Dual Wield, Two Handed, and Bow, but didn't extend to the others. For example:

Destruction Staff:
    • Penetration Magic: Offers Offensive Penetration, instead of ignoring % of Spell Resistance
    Restoration Staff:
    • Restoration Master: Offers % Healing Done, instead of % healing with Restoration Staff spells
    One Hand and Shield:
    • Sword and Board: Offers Weapon and Spell Damage, rather than just Weapon Damage
    Light Armor:
    • Prodigy: Offers Critical Chance per piece, rather than just Spell Critical
    • Concentration: Offers Offensive Penetration, rather than just Spell Penetration
    Medium Armor:
    • Dexterity: Offers Critical Chance per piece, rather than just Weapon Critical
    • Agility: Offers Weapon and Spell Damage, rather than just Weapon Damage
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A separate note regarding two sets:

Oblivion's Foe
    Uncertain about the current strength of this set, so this suggestion could be completely uncalled for. But, rather than adding another DoT effect to the enemy (which an older thread seemed to suggest was off of initial hit of Soul Trap by 1sec oddly enough), it could be interesting to give the set the "Way of Fire" treatment. For example:

5 items: When you deal damage with a Soul Magic ability, you mark the target's soul dealing additional Magic damage. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds (per enemy).

I know it seems awfully close to the old Oblivion's Foe, but it is just an idea. On a separate note, I do actually like the Way of Fire effect, since it isn't too "bursty" in nature and feels more like just an additional powerful enchantment achieved through the wearing of the complete set. It adds to a build in a distinctive flavor without essentially defining a burst combo.

Sload's Semblance
    I know that the very mention of this set incurs vestiges of rage in people, and rightfully so. The original design was oppressive, and should not have made it to live. But, as it stands now, the set is rather lackluster, and it is a set that exists in the game. It shouldn't be left in a sorry state. I'd propose, get this, giving it the "Way of Fire" treatment (sensing a pattern). Nothing as potentially oppressive as an Oblivion Damage dealing Way of Fire, though (but imagine... NO!). Anyhow, something as simple as this:

5 items: Damaging an enemy marks the target with Shadow, dealing 3% of the target's Max Health as Oblivion Damage. Effect can occur once every 6 seconds. This can deal a maximum of 3000 Oblivion Damage per tick.

For comparison, this would put the set on a cooldown three times as long as WoF, but dealing at max about the same damage (on average, on a high-health opponent). I think it's worth considering.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's "nerf" Medusa into a light armor set. :D
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

Destruction Staff:
    • Penetration Magic: Offers Offensive Penetration, instead of ignoring % of Spell Resistance
    Restoration Staff:
    • Restoration Master: Offers % Healing Done, instead of % healing with Restoration Staff spells
    One Hand and Shield:
    • Sword and Board: Offers Weapon and Spell Damage, rather than just Weapon Damage
    Light Armor:
    • Prodigy: Offers Critical Chance per piece, rather than just Spell Critical
    • Concentration: Offers Offensive Penetration, rather than just Spell Penetration
    Medium Armor:
    • Dexterity: Offers Critical Chance per piece, rather than just Weapon Critical
    • Agility: Offers Weapon and Spell Damage, rather than just Weapon Damage

Love all these! EXCEEEPT--

The only thing I'd be cautious about is the 1H+Shield with additional Weapon+Spell Damage. We already had a problem with people abusing heavy armor tankiness but still being able to dish out damage. I'd say that

* 1H and Shield reduces ability cost by 5%.

This is harmless in that it doesn't boost damage, it doesn't boost healing, it doesn't boost anything other than lasting longer in fights! That's what tanks need in dungeons, and if the player is running medium/light + 1H&Sh in PvP, their armor choices won't let them last long enough anyway (or their heavy armor just makes them a useless rock to ignore.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groups already have an advatage over pugs. Group only heals and buffs should be reverted back. Current state severly hurt a casual play style while benefiting groups slightly.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    My set change request:

* Netch's Touch (Shock)
    * Ysgrimor's Birthright (Frost)
    * Silks of the Sun (Flame)
    * War Maiden (Magic)

Change the 5th slot to "Your light attacks weaken your target's resistance to (type) damage by 5% for 10 seconds, this effect can only be applied once every 10 seconds."

- It's single target and cannot be reapplied within 10 seconds, even if the enemy dies.
    - It's specific to one type of damage only.
    - This goes beyond just "abilities", which is what makes these sets useless (at least with the current patch). There are far better sets out there.
    - It doesn't boost the players strength, but weakens the target's resistance, so if the target has weak resistance already--it's not as useful.
    Edited by Syrpynt on June 12, 2021 4:32PM