Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LF solid PvP warden frost build

CallmeFishmeal
CallmeFishmeal
✭✭✭
As the title says, I'm trying to get a good set up for a warden that's killer with frost damage. I'm really wanting this for PvP, but if there's something actually decent for PvE then I'll try that also.

Right now I have Ysgramor and Ice Furnace with Iceheart and, surprisingly, got 8 kills the first BG I did after finishing setting up the build. I could have just been lucky and manage to snag a few last hits, but I was nonetheless impressed I got any kills lol.

I really want to mix Ysgramor with Elemental Succession but need to farm the gear. Has anyone tried this combo already? And when blackwood comes out, I'm so stoked to try the new Frostbite set!

Frostbite: "Increases your damage done with Frost abilities by 6%. Increases your damage done against Chilled enemies by 4%. Increases your damage done against enemies afflicted with Minor Brittle by 2%."

So with all the sets that focus on frost damage or enhancing your frost damage, combining which 2 sets would make the most effective frost build?

Ysgramor, Ice Furnace, Ice Conjurer, Frostbite. Any others?
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commenting to find this post later as im curious to see how it goes for you. But also this belongs in pvp chat so youre probably gonna get deleted here
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostbite isn't worth it over even julianos yet in pvp. we just don't have enough or even good frost damage skills, and chilled chance to make it better or even on par especially since julianos buffs heals as well when frostbite doesn't. ysgram and elemental succession aren't that fantastic since you need to buff deep fissure and they don't do that. next patch i'm pretty sure procs are dying, and crit was nerfed, so pulling off a good frost crit build will be hard, might have to run mechanical acuity if you want to do it and make sure you can apply chilled a lot, so vDSA frost clench probably helps in that situation with crushing shock as your spammable.

don't think it's really possible to do a good frost build next patch.

seeing how much support this archetype has gotten recently via minor brittle and frostbite, i definitely think they have something planned for our biggest problem, that being the frost skills themselves, and the lack of quantity and quality of them. when this will change is up to anyone's best guess, if they even change them at all.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 19, 2021 5:22AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysgramor, winterborn, ice heart. I run a ice warden with this, it's really fun. Not really OP or meta but a ton of fun. I do substitute winterborn with winters respite for hybrid healer build. Either way I run dual ice staffs.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThreeXB wrote: »
    Ysgramor, winterborn, ice heart. I run a ice warden with this, it's really fun. Not really OP or meta but a ton of fun. I do substitute winterborn with winters respite for hybrid healer build. Either way I run dual ice staffs.

unfortunately there are just better sets out there due to how it all adds up. there aren't enough skills to benefit from ysgramor. iceheart also isn't a great pvp set since it's 5k shield gets halved to 2.5k and it's mediocre damage is dependant on the shield.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winterborn, icy conjurer, monster of your liking malacath. Would be the best option for this patch
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP frost warden is an tank that is OP in groups. Dont expect to kill someone solo.
    Wall of frost together with permafrost, use the ice snair and immobilize, deep fissure for the big debuff, be like nord and wear bloodspawn for high uptime perma frost, make you back bare as tanky as you can, enjoy.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭

unfortunately there are just better sets out there due to how it all adds up. there aren't enough skills to benefit from ysgramor. iceheart also isn't a great pvp set since it's 5k shield gets halved to 2.5k and it's mediocre damage is dependant on the shield.

It's a themed build...I clearly stated it was for fun and not OP or meta
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a themed build...I clearly stated it was for fun and not OP or meta

It doesn't have to be OP or meta. You can make off meta builds. It's just really hard to actually pull off a good frost one given the tools we have. So I'm glad you're having fun with it.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 19, 2021 8:22AM
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to wear the following sets on my Frost Warden build:
    Winterborn, The Ice Furnace, Valkyn Skoria
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    Commenting to find this post later as im curious to see how it goes for you. But also this belongs in pvp chat so youre probably gonna get deleted here

Nobody posts in the pvp section, if they want people to respond. Posting it here is perfectly normal.

As for the OP, I suggest you do not run two frost-themed sets. Ice furnace is probably the only decent one on the list, so I would go with that set and combine it with something like eternal vigor + monster (balorgh/malu/engine...). The frost bite set could also be semi-decent, once it comes out. You probably need a good uptime on chilled/brittle for it to be viable, however.
    Off the top of my head, I'd say try using it together with vAS ice staff. If you are determined to use an ice staff, I feel like this set will actually be one of the better options available to you.

The rule of thumb with eso is this: The more fun a playstyle is, the worse it usually performs. I have been trying to make frost builds work for a long time on my mablade, mostly with disastrous results. The cp change was a another nerf to frost builds, because we lost the free 2k resist passive (this traded damage from inferno/lightning passives for mitigation). Still, best of luck with your build!