The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What I would change to make ESO better.

pranasars
pranasars
Soul Shriven

1st: New UI for PC. Game should have a separate UI for PC users. Baldur's Gate (1-2-3) or WoW are the examples in which direction it should go. Personally, I think Baldur's Gate UI is more sensual and more fairy tale that this in WoW.

2nd:
You enter the inn, black screen (loading), inner.
You come out the inn, black screen, outdoor.

There should be no black screens and transparent walls in the game at all.

If you can not get rid of engine's weakness, create an illusion. You can display a very fast animation as our character is coming through eg: the door instead of black screen. Even the speed of our hero coming thru, could be kind of a loading progress bar .

3rd:
No public action house? That is not an innovation but by far a drawback. Public trade is one of these things that attract players into the game. Do you know that many players in WoW log in to the game just because of Action House?

4th:
More classes and races and more unique game style for them.

Thanks to developers for a wonderful world (maybe even as good as this one in WoW), for a good music, good storyline, very good dungeons and the number of them. I have not seen pvp yet, but seems it will be fine, as well.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3... do you know how many people actually love the way trade is in this game and make all or most of their gold that way?

Don't get me wrong, Auction Houses are nice but over time the thrill of hunting for good deals and flips makes up for it. I was never much of an AH player in other games, but ESO has opened that whole world to me.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the 'better communication' that Gina told us was coming.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    1. UI is different for PC. Can also be changed via Addons to an extent.
    2. Go to the Outriders reddit and ask about animations for area transitions. Wear a flame proof suit.
    3. Do you know that many players in ESO log into the game just because of the way Trading is done here? I personally log in every day to stock up the trader. Trading in ESO is even more of a meta game than in WoW.

This is ESO. Not WoW and we like it that way.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    twev wrote: »

She never specified when it was coming did she?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trade system in ESO is end game activity for a lot of players. Guilds are built around that aspect of the game. Just like trials there are different levels available for anybody to take advantage of.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    Killing the Trade Guild population is not a good idea, no matter how many of these posts suggest it.
  • Truupe
    Truupe
    ✭✭
    pranasars wrote: »

4th:

Would love an unarmed monk-like class...with hilarious PunchCat finishers.
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I'd love is some sort of waypoint on the map to where new quests are (unless it is there and I'm blind or something). It's continually frustrating how I'll finish one quest but either forget to pick up the next quest from the nearby NPC or I'll decide to wait and start the next quest later. Then, when I actually want to continue the storyline and it has been a while since I last played, I have to use Google to find out where the next quest starts because the NPC is in some obscure location with no map markers.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadraeus wrote: »
    One thing I'd love is some sort of waypoint on the map to where new quests are (unless it is there and I'm blind or something). It's continually frustrating how I'll finish one quest but either forget to pick up the next quest from the nearby NPC or I'll decide to wait and start the next quest later. Then, when I actually want to continue the storyline and it has been a while since I last played, I have to use Google to find out where the next quest starts because the NPC is in some obscure location with no map markers.

Have you tried using the Zone Guide for that? You can click on the Start Zone Story or Continue Zone Story button which will pop the map up with a blue circle flashing around the next quest marker.
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Have you tried using the Zone Guide for that? You can click on the Start Zone Story or Continue Zone Story button which will pop the map up with a blue circle flashing around the next quest marker.

I was looking for something like that yesterday but didn't know if it was actually there. Thanks, I'll hopefully remember this the next time I forget where the quest giver is lol.
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭

I use Destinations addon.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make...it so sugar skulls isn't got UI bug. Keeping my dreams simple
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭

1: Put a end to Disco Ball, and silly mechanical mounts.

2: Lose the attitude that Clipping, and Character malfunctions are beloved and part of the charm of the game, it isn't it just unskilled or lazy coding.

3:Begin to proactively address the toxic community, make jail a thing, it can be automated with a NPC jailer, and a chance to appeal.

4: More lime Jell-O in the cafeteria, and a bring your dog to work day, a Zen employee is a happy employee.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We want Heavy Rain and Snow.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

'Soon' is ZOS' meta communication.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

'Soon' is ZOS' meta communication.

Yeah which could be 2 years from now.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Normal / Veteran Setting for Overland, make the solo questing gameplay experience engaging - maybe I could actually have fun questing with a friend...

- Remake Story Bosses to have optional Challenging Fights that live up to 20+ hour (or even year long) Build-up/Hype

- Make Coldharbour the standard start again, Fix the story pacing

- Allow players to deactivate all the prologue NPCs in the major city

- Skins for Transformation and Summon abilities
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall reading about an old MMO that once had some type of world boss that took players hours to kill it. Call me crazy, but I wish some developer would be daring enough to add something like that.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually is was a promise by Rich on the 2020 recap
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wishlist:

- ZOS actually listening and responding to PTS content feedback on the forum.

- Companions having access to helmets, Polymorph, personalities and skins.

- Vampires having a bat swarm closer and a no transformation ultimate option.

- guild Tabards not turning most chest armors into black turtlenecks.

- Melee Magicka weapon skill line

- housing item caps bing configurable like other graphics settings so high end PCs can increase cap.

- PVP ballance being achieved with Battle spirit rather than constant set changes.
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Then will communication return, and not before.
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭
    3: the trading system here is just fine. I can sell every piece of junk fairly fast. In WoW I just utterly hated the auction house, in only a single moment I just got underpriced, no one ever bought my stuff, or just few for some coins, I had to start to re-sell everything all over again, it was a pain in the ass to always stay alerted if I needed the gold.
    The only problem I have in ESO-s trading system is that I need to use a third party tool (TTC)to browse all the guilds and find the goods I need. If Zos could throw an improvement, solution or anything regarding that, it would be awesome.
    Edited by Vanathil on May 19, 2021 12:47PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3. Hear hear. This bizarre love for wasting time hunting for things is not universal, just wanted to make sure you aren't given that impression. I loathe the guild trader system, it's incredibly annoying. LOTRO has a central auction house and it's fine, it never impacted the economy and it didn't cause monopolies or any of the things people like to claim those do. In fact, it prevented monopolies because people just flat refused to buy things at a stupid price. But ZOS is committed to this pet insanity of theirs and unfortunately we are stuck with it, they will never consider changing it.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    But ZOS is committed to this pet insanity of theirs and unfortunately we are stuck with it, they will never consider changing it.

TBH, this line alone could apply to a good number of elements of this game.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    pranasars wrote: »

1st: New UI for PC. Game should have a separate UI for PC users. Baldur's Gate (1-2-3) or WoW are the examples in which direction it should go. Personally, I think Baldur's Gate UI is more sensual and more fairy tale that this in WoW.

2nd:
    You enter the inn, black screen (loading), inner.
    You come out the inn, black screen, outdoor.

There should be no black screens and transparent walls in the game at all.

If you can not get rid of engine's weakness, create an illusion. You can display a very fast animation as our character is coming through eg: the door instead of black screen. Even the speed of our hero coming thru, could be kind of a loading progress bar .

3rd:
    No public action house? That is not an innovation but by far a drawback. Public trade is one of these things that attract players into the game. Do you know that many players in WoW log in to the game just because of Action House?

4th:

Thanks to developers for a wonderful world (maybe even as good as this one in WoW), for a good music, good storyline, very good dungeons and the number of them. I have not seen pvp yet, but seems it will be fine, as well.
    1)I play with a gamepad on PC so I don’t find the UI problematic but K&M UI can be improved but functionality wise both should remain same.

2)It is a technical issue and not easily solvable.
    But a static animation will turn boring after sometime.No loading screen is awesome but we can assume that is not possible with this game.

3)Trading is one of the most fun aspect of the game.But different strokes for different folks.

4)This is not like WoW, the franchise is a lot more focused on preserving the lore albeit not doing a good job but still much much better than WoW.ESO was not released to kill TES mainline (unlike WoW for Warcraft) rather to be a an in between game for some people and alternative option for others.You can’t simply add a new playable race and call it a day.

As for class, in ESO each class satisfy a different gameplay style not just the same thing with different animations and effects.

Edited by RupzSkooma on May 19, 2021 1:39PM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Complete graphical overhaul to keep the game fresh and make it more attractive for new players. I mean, the first regions and content was probably designed somewhere in the late 2000s / early 2010s.