The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS maintenance lenght

Russvaj
Russvaj
✭✭
can we all discuss about patch notes and the lenght of server downtime. the bugfixes are minimal while downtime is huge compared to other games could we get an official answer as to why it is like that or can someone explain to me that knows more about this games coding in particular
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's no point as the company will not discuss about such matters.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some things that fall under "proprietary" when it comes to code and server maintenance and ZOS is under no obligation to disclose such things. The specific mention of the hotfix I suspect was a bone they threw us to help explain this maintenance session without telling us what else was so urgent that they had to take both the NA and EU servers down during trader flip hour.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only concern is how much longer than expected they're taking.

Maintenance yesterday was 4 hours longer than announced. Today's is already an hour and a half longer (that's more than double the announced time).

Makes me wonder what the problem is.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, they'll add another 3 hours.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said new servers for Blackwood but they aint saying nothing.
  • Russvaj
    Russvaj
    ✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    My only concern is how much longer than expected they're taking.

Maintenance yesterday was 4 hours longer than announced. Today's is already an hour and a half longer (that's more than double the announced time).

Makes me wonder what the problem is.

todays maintenence is still going on but they did say it would take 2-3 hours which still didnt reach its 3rd hour
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    Get hobbies outside of ESO, then you won't notice or mind the down time. Seriously.
  • george66b14_ESO
    Get hobbies outside of ESO, then you won't notice or mind the down time. Seriously.

That is a great response, well not really. I work 50 hours a week, have kids and plan what play time I have carefully. I had time yesterday and today, but I am out of luck.

Now, do I go ballistic about this? No. Do I hate lack of communication and the fact their downtimes are (or seem to be) longer then any other MMO out there? Yep.

So yes, even with other hobbies, family and work I DO mind the downtime. *shrug*
  • Russvaj
    Russvaj
    ✭✭

That is a great response, well not really. I work 50 hours a week, have kids and plan what play time I have carefully. I had time yesterday and today, but I am out of luck.

Now, do I go ballistic about this? No. Do I hate lack of communication and the fact their downtimes are (or seem to be) longer then any other MMO out there? Yep.

So yes, even with other hobbies, family and work I DO mind the downtime. *shrug*

dont bother some people are just angry about it or think of others as themselfs maybe he has a problem with eso who knows i do myself play more than i should be i admit it but i dont mind the downtime when its for a good couse its just that their downtimes are exeptionally long compared to other games i play
  • george66b14_ESO
    dont bother some people are just angry about it or think of others as themselfs maybe he has a problem with eso who knows i do myself play more than i should be i admit it but i dont mind the downtime when its for a good couse its just that their downtimes are exeptionally long compared to other games i play[/quote]

Eh, I had a moment, thought I would try :). I just would rather have a bit more communication since I give them money. I know, some call that entitlement, but I call it giving some respect to the people that pay your bills :)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than fulfilling curiosity any answer wouldn't change things. The maintenance will still take as long as it takes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strange question; anyone bother to look at the dev tracker? They'll never go into the minute details some want, but there are dev posts about things.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker