The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Polearm Skill Line

MindOfTheSwarm
MindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
@TwiceBornStar amongst many others have commented about having a dedicated spear line, however I do think that this would be a bit weird if it were spears only as great swords, great axes etc share a skill line between them. So I came up with a Pole Arm Skill Line as a suggestion. Its just an idea I put together in a spare hour I had. This would allow spears in the game as well as halberds and perhaps scythes. Important to note however I did not include scythes in the skill line I came up with as I couldn't figure out what bonuses they could offer.

Pole Arm Weapon Skill Line:

Ultimate: Cost: 100 Ultimate

Heart Seeker: Savagely leap forward at a target enemy piercing them with your pole arm, dealing 1200 Physical Damage. This attack deals 100% more damage against targets under 25% health.

Lance of Atrophy: Deals an additional 220 Disease Damage every second for 12 seconds. Applies Major Defile for the duration.

Battle Fervour: Gain Major Berserk for 6 seconds after casting.

Power Thrust: Thrust your spear forward with great strength dealing 1142 Physical Damage to an enemy. (0.8 seconds cast time.)

Penetrating Thrust: Affects all enemies in a straight line.

Vile Spear: Deals 1186 Disease Damage instead. Applies Diseased status on affected enemy.

Head Strike: Strike an enemy in the face with the backend of your pole arm dealing 305 Physical Damage and stunning them for 3 seconds.

Nosebleeder: Deal an additional 65 Bleed Damage every second for 8 seconds.

Jawbreaker: No longer stuns enemies. Instead Silence enemies for 1 second.

Gouge: Dig your pole arm into the guts of an enemy dealing 512 Physical Damage and afflicting them with Major Breach for 15 seconds.

Rupture: Deal an additional 800 Bleed Damage over 10 seconds.

Disembowel: Deals Disease Damage instead and also applies Minor Breach.

Wind Slash: Sweep your spear in front of you with blinding speed dealing 247 Physical Damage to all enemies in the area and snaring them for 50% for 1 second.

Cutting Winds: Always deals Critical Damage.

Toxic Vapors: Deals Disease Damage instead. Leave behind an area of foul air that deals 650 Disease Damage over 10 seconds.

Warcry: Raise your spear above your head and let out a passionate warcry, gaining Major Brutality and Major Sorcery for 20 seconds.

Revitalising Spirit: You also heal for 4000 Health over the duration.

Martial Spirit: You gain Minor Berserk for the duration.

Passives:

Defence Breaker:
Rank 1: Your attacks deal 4% more damage vs enemy damage shields and blocking targets.
Rank 2: Your attacks deal 8% more damage vs enemy damage shields and blocking targets.

Skill and Intellect:
Rank 1: Fully charged heavy attacks restore your highest resource and an additional 750 of your lowest resource.
Rank 2: Fully charged heavy attacks will restore your highest resource and an additional 1500 of your lowest resource.

Pole Arm Proficiency:
Grants a bonus based on the type of weapon equipped.
Rank 1: Spears increase the damage of your single target direct damage abilities by 6%.
Halberds increase the damage of your damage over time effects by 4%.
Rank 2: Spears increase the damage of your single target direct damage abilities by 12%.
Halberds increase the damage of your damage over time effects by 8%.

Charged Strikes:
Rank 1: Spear fully charged Heavy Attacks deal 5% more damage and ignore 5% of the target’s Armor.
Halberd fully charged Heavy Attacks deal area of effect damage and cause enemies to bleed for 350 Physical Damage over 10 seconds.
Rank 2: Spear fully charged Heavy Attacks deal 10% more damage and ignore 10% of the target’s Armor.
Halberd fully charged Heavy Attacks deal area of effect damage and cause enemies to bleed for 700 Physical Damage over 10 seconds.

Precision:
Rank 1: Spears increase your Weapon and Spell Penetration by 700.
Halberds increase your Critical Chance by 400 and Critical Damage and Critical Healing by 2%.
Rank 2: Spears increase your Weapon and Spell Penetration by 1400.
Halberds increase your Critical Chance by 800 and Critical Damage and Critical Healing by 4%.

* Spears can be equipped alongside a shield in which case they follow the One Hand and Shield skill line.
Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on May 18, 2021 2:16PM
  • Armethius
    Armethius
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome but one of the morphs should convert to scale on magicka and deal fire / lightning damage.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    This is awesome but one of the morphs should convert to scale on magicka and deal fire / lightning damage.
    I considered it. Lightning Spears would be awesome but in the end I opted for Disease Damage as there aren’t many sources of it. But sure the skill line could be split for both Magicka and Stamina.
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The silence morph is busted. Has to have 3 or 4 second CD per target
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it busted? It’s only 1 second and would share cc immunity with stuns.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not being argumentative btw just want your opinion.
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean you could break free from it? I was envisioning silence like negate but applied to someone
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean you could break free from it? I was envisioning silence like negate but applied to someone
    Ah I see what you mean by break free. I don’t think silences can be broken free. Maybe it could be reduced to 0.5 seconds.
    Options
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    I considered it. Lightning Spears would be awesome but in the end I opted for Disease Damage as there aren’t many sources of it. But sure the skill line could be split for both Magicka and Stamina.

I think it should be purely physical. The other melee weapon skill lines are all physical right? or poison at least.
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah I see what you mean by break free. I don’t think silences can be broken free. Maybe it could be reduced to 0.5 seconds.

I don't think that is fair enough. CD required per target imo.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aertew wrote: »

I think it should be purely physical. The other melee weapon skill lines are all physical right? or poison at least.

It is purely Physical it’s only morphs that offer a Disease alternative.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Silences already give cc immunity after they expire. I’m not sure what you mean by CD. If you mean CD before you can apply it to another player then that makes no sense when it is only active for 1 second. Otherwise you might as well make the same conditions for stuns.
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Silences already give cc immunity after they expire. I’m not sure what you mean by CD. If you mean CD before you can apply it to another player then that makes no sense when it is only active for 1 second. Otherwise you might as well make the same conditions for stuns.

If I negate someone, I'm pretty sure they don't get cc immunity when it ends
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Previously Incap Strike had Silence for a while. When silenced in this way players attained cc immunity afterwards. But it got nerfed as it was 2 seconds of silence that can’t be broken free. But I think 1 or 0.5 seconds wouldn’t be too oppressive. I could be wrong
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Previously Incap Strike had Silence for a while. When silenced in this way players attained cc immunity afterwards. But it got nerfed as it was 2 seconds of silence that can’t be broken free. But I think 1 or 0.5 seconds wouldn’t be too oppressive. I could be wrong

Ah, then that might be ok
    Options