Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Warden + Bear

ad4mss
ad4mss
✭✭✭
Hi,

Do you think Stamina Warden with Bear pet is viable in PvP or this ulti is trash in this part of game? Have you seen any builds out there?
Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • dogshaman
    dogshaman
    ✭✭✭
    This one has seen warden pets used in cyrodiil before, but rarely.
    Most people do not know how to use them properly or in the chaos of battle, they forget to use the bear's attack/ultimate when it is ready.

But the bear can be used to attack at a distance (( left-click + Y )) and can cause panic/confusion to an enemy as a constant dot. It can also at times, help keep the prey from vanishing or going invisible also.

However, in battle, most prefer using dawnbreaker/meteor ultimates as they are easier to manage, but boring.

Although, if one wishes to stand out of the meta-mob and master unique strategies to conquer your foe, then using the Warden's Bear of Bedlam can be quite the entertaining and satisfying feat!
    Washargo ~ Khajiit Warden Werewolf
    a.k.a. Wrongway Washargo, Wash the Elderly
    ~ Wanted by the Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart Pact for thievery, pickpocketing, impersonating a Daedric Prince, pandemonium and general mayhem
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why when you have overpowered dawnbreaker? That thing is beast
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

I think the thing is that some people are trying to be unique and don't like to run builds which are used by 99% of the players :hushed:
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »

I think the thing is that some people are trying to be unique and don't like to run builds which are used by 99% of the players :hushed:

This right here, I keep trying to build neat unique builds. Even with high w/s damage, health, resources etc it just gets outshined by meta procs or the d-swing/DBoS stuff / yawn
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope someday ZOS changes bear to a single slot ult, or a 2x skill bar slot like Sorc pets.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    there are several problems with bear. it occupies 2 ultimate slots if you don't want to spend 3 hours casting it mid-combat which means that you can't use a defensive backbar ultimate, it can be killed/cced and is overall very inconsistent. it's great in duels because it doesn't have to deal with LOS as much and can be decent pressure as a disjointed DoT, but in open world, it's usually got it's foot shoved up its own butt 40 kilometers away tickling a wolf or just crapping itself on pathing. casting claw usually misses and it almost never combos when you want it to.

in theory it's good, but outside of duels it's infuriating to use over dawnbreaker.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they re-enable proc sets, you should look into pairing the bear ult with the Hunt leader set. That may make it viable if you can keep your bear under control with Block+Y.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    When they re-enable proc sets, you should look into pairing the bear ult with the Hunt leader set. That may make it viable if you can keep your bear under control with Block+Y.

Are there any other pet friendly sets?
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »

Are there any other pet friendly sets?

Necropotence (Magicka):
    While you have a pet active, your Max Magicka is increased by 3132.

Unleashed Ritualist (Magicka):
    Dealing damage to an enemy applies Ritualist's Mark to them for 10 seconds. Enemies with your Ritualist's Mark take an additional 15% damage from your summoned pets.

Hunt Leader (Stamina):
    When your pet attacks an enemy you have also attacked in the last 10 seconds, you heal for 2433 Health and restore 1216 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

I think it's just those 3. I think Necropotence is also activated by having your netch out, so you wont be dependent on your bear being alive to keep the bonus. Haven't tried Unleashed Ritualist, If you can apply the debuff to more than one person then it may work well with the bear's swipe.

Also something else to consider, Sheer Venom may work well with the bear since its cast ability is an execute. Though I honestly haven't tried it out.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time you'd want to run the bear ult is with the red CP star that grants x health recovery for unspent ultimate.

Health recovery is getting cut in half with the coming patch in PvP, so I would avoid this.

DB, Permafrost, Sword + Board ult are stronger choices, IMO.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the bear ult on my bow/bow stamina warden. Target the bear with nature's embrace to create distance between you and your opponent, while at the same time healing both you and the bear for an insane amount over 10 seconds. Hardly need vigor with that HoT ticking.