My kingdom for a decent Robe

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd love to dress my Vampire Sorcerer in a nice simple robe... something with straight clean lines, a simple sash around the waist, a lace collar and gloves... anything other than the heavy, bulky, gawdy assortment we have now. All my characters are stuck wearing chest and pants because there is not one single robe I would put on any of them... and it's a struggle finding a decent set up for that, too. I really wish they would learn that less can be more.
PCNA
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Recent trends in outfit design by ZOS have resulted in robes being either overly stylized or padded to the nines with leather. (I swear, ZOS has a leather obsession, even the datamined Knight Aspirant style has a leather surcoat/tabard). The "robes" that have been offered through light armor styles are less and less becoming of the terms "jerkin" and "robe"—both typically textile-based armor variants. I'd 100% support the introduction of more simple, cloth-based style robes in the outfit system. There can still be style and interesting design in simplicity—the choices don't have to be over-the-top extravagance or bulky leather-padding.

That being said, there's a dress/robe coming with Blackwood called the Thrafey ____ (forget the rest) that is a slightly-simpler dress that has bits of a scale-mail look to it. As a bonus, it appears the costume has something to do with the Thrafey clan of vampires from the Iliac Bay. Why it's available in Blackwood is uncertain, but if they want to sprinkle Daggerfall lore here and there, I'm all for it. As long as they're not retconning the Thrafey out of the Iliac Bay, that is.
    Options
  • Terion_Fyr
    Terion_Fyr
    ✭✭✭
    the physics are also a problem
    Options
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a cape for my vampire but that will never happen 😬
    Options
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until robes get some volume, I'll never bother. Robes in FF14 look absolutely fantastic instead of this painted on crap. The Blackhand Costume robe is fantastic, more like that please.
    Edited by Hexi on May 16, 2021 6:18AM
    Options
  • Terion_Fyr
    Terion_Fyr
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, i got suprised how nice the robes in ff14 are animated - and then we have here wet old robes who stick on your body
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sixth House Robe is pretty simple. No lace though....

0WVHJJH.png
    Edited by Sylvermynx on May 16, 2021 2:10PM
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    ... there's a dress/robe coming with Blackwood called the Thrafey ____ (forget the rest) that is a slightly-simpler dress that has bits of a scale-mail look to it. As a bonus, it appears the costume has something to do with the Thrafey clan of vampires from the Iliac Bay. Why it's available in Blackwood is uncertain, but if they want to sprinkle Daggerfall lore here and there, I'm all for it. As long as they're not retconning the Thrafey out of the Iliac Bay, that is.

I found some pictures of this on ESO Fashion web site. I will definitely work on getting it. This is exactly the kind of thing I'd love to see a lot more of.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/thrafey-debutant-gown/
    PCNA
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This abomination of an engine does not support cloth physics unfortunately. Hence why robes and 'capes' suck.
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this on my Vampire for quite a while. That is a Soulshriven robe
    maSvwXM.jpg

Then I cured her and she got new clothes. Now a Dremora robe
    WcdgjfF.jpg
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try costumes. I like the Mages Guild Research Robe or Formal Robe.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a couple of costume robes but they aren't that great. They really need to do a better job of designing robes.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 17, 2021 6:03AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ngl I'd like some Oblivion-esque robes to be added, were best ones for me personally.
    Options
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the "Moth Priest Robe" costume for something plain.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to deminish input of some designers zos worked with but those are exmaples i want to see in eso quality/thematically wise comapred to most of ones eso implements, most of which are things almost no one uses in the end.
    cosmo-porter-witt-robe-variants.jpg
    Aquasilk_1.png
    cosmo-porter-witt-tribunal-priest.jpg?1570239839
    cosmo-porter-witt-black-hand-robe.jpg?1567169320

You can check some other variants here.

Thats one of Skyblivion's designers work (there are a lot of talents working on said project) and it's definitely looks like zos are in need of fresh ideas and those kind of designers - actually in love with the game series, the ones who should be getting some attention and freelance job offerings.
    Options
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the majority of robes are too complicated and incredibly ugly. Something really elegantly simple and plain would be nice. And the lace collar can be a shoulders option.

Also, I really hate the codpieces attached to jerkins ALL THE TIME. Well, there are one or two that don't have codpieces. Are all these clothing designers male?
    Edited by cyberjanet on May 17, 2021 10:31AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) All my characters are stuck wearing chest and pants because there is not one single robe I would put on any of them (...)
    They have come up with a bad basis for a robe and used it as a benchmark for all the robes.
    No new design at all so, therefore all we have are copycats of a bad one.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have three outfits I wear, Priestess of Mara being my favorite, the skin tight suede outfit first on costume list, can't remember name, something Balmoral and one of the armors, the Lion Knight one.

Everything else is not fit for the bottom of the kitty litter tray.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 17, 2021 1:30PM
    Options
  • Riverspirit
    Riverspirit
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. There are very few costumes/sets that I don't consider pretty ugly. Especially for a female char. I want something pretty and flattering, not bulky and weird looking. I keep hoping each new costume or set will be the one! Lol.
    Ok, I admit it, I want tie dye, I want bright shiny colors that aren't muted by the fabric. I want more purpley stuff! :)
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want bright colors, but thankfully we can dye them to suit ourselves. But a lot of the robes, if you dye them grey or a light color, they end up looking splotchy and dirty and worn out, like the Soul Shriven robe in a post above.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 17, 2021 2:30PM
    PCNA
    Options