Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

some adds not working

Sugram22
Sugram22
✭✭✭
after years decided to play a bit game updated then updated mods/adds when i get in game only few adds work it says out of date even sky shards and lore books Votan's Minimap + more i reinstalled them even clean reinstalled them still same then i clicked on allow out of date adds but only adds that worked were few example skyshards an lore books when many other din's work

few examples what didn't work
HarvestMap
Votan's Minimap
Votan's Fisherman
Votan's Fish Fillet
Rare Fish Tracker
+ some more
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 15, 2021 12:57PM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to move this to the addons forum.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah this need to be moved to addons subforum

but i do use all the one you list except votans minimap (i use AUI one)

they all work just fine
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    library dependancy not loaded (maybe)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to download the library files separately, they would be listed in the description of which ones you need to pick up.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    library dependancy not loaded (maybe)

for some adds it did say that
    You need to download the library files separately, they would be listed in the description of which ones you need to pick up.

weird never need to do that before

is it a add that does that library thing, adds the files?

i don't even know how to if its not add as well that does that, would be good if its universal and does for all adds
    Edited by Sugram22 on May 15, 2021 9:06AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an issue since the change that allowed them

Just open the Addon UI & look to see if anything is red

If that fails look the addon up on esoui (or via minion) & see if there are any known issues..
    Edited by Gythral on May 15, 2021 8:59AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    ok new i get it but there is way 2much SH to write down and separately download so i guess i am goanna uninstall a lot of adds and find alts to them
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sugram22 wrote: »
    ok new i get it but there is way 2much SH to write down and separately download so i guess i am goanna uninstall a lot of adds and find alts to them

You only would need to install them once via Minion and can update them like addons then as well. Theat's the benefit of the libraries. I bet the other addons will use the same libraries so you still need to read their description at www.esoui.com and install the libs.
    Get used to it, else you won't be able to use addons properly any more. There are not much addons left where the libs needed are included, as they always trouble the other addons this way.

You could even install all libraries via Minion (addons that start with "Lib") and the ones that the game does not need would not be enabled and would not even disturb you then. So there wouldn't be the need to check which ones you really need.

If you install the addon "Votans Addon list" then the addon will check which of your addons needs which dependency and if you enable the addon the dependencies will be automatically enable as well. So you only need to install the dependencies like explaiend above, and everything else is handled automatically for you as you enable an addon.
    Edited by Baertram on May 15, 2021 5:23PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Sugram22 wrote: »

You only would need to install them once via Minion and can update them like addons then as well. Theat's the benefit of the libraries. I bet the other addons will use the same libraries so you still need to read their description at www.esoui.com and install the libs.
    Get used to it, else you won't be able to use addons properly any more. There are not much addons left where the libs needed are included, as they always trouble the other addons this way.

You could even install all libraries via Minion (addons that start with "Lib") and the ones that the game does not need would not be enabled and would not even disturb you then. So there wouldn't be the need to check which ones you really need.

If you install the addon "Votans Addon list" then the addon will check which of your addons needs which dependency and if you enable the addon the dependencies will be automatically enable as well. So you only need to install the dependencies like explaiend above, and everything else is handled automatically for you as you enable an addon.

i did it but the extra things they required different lib things started conflicting with what some adds required so it went from bad to worse also it hit to performance the the list of lib things that were needed was not small

i found alt only for 2 adds and few seem to work when i have allow outdated adds on, map pins needs update from add creator nothing else wrong but works that's 1alt i found for lore books and skyshards this 2 worked same way but sins map pins only issue is outdated i chose this also got alt for Votan's minimap and harvest map

i lost Votan's fisherman and fish filter and rare fish tracker and master merchant (this wanted v1 lib thing and Votan's wanted v2 sins v2 is update of the other1 both won't work + other issues) uninstalled them, didn't find alts for them merchand is the least important the other 3 are more useful

does any1 know do this adds have alts?
    Edited by Sugram22 on May 16, 2021 10:06AM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    also it hit to performance
    I never see any performance issues due to libs. IF then it's the addon using the lib.

And if you are concerned about performance I'd always prefer Destinations, Skyshards and Lorebooks over MapPins btw.
    The "outdated" is no issue, it's just a number comparison and will be gone with the next patch, for god's sake, finally! Totally ignore this outdated checkbox, it's nuts and does not tell you *** about if addons work or not.
    Check the addons themselves, when did they get their last update and do users report errors. But even libs and addons from 2014 could be really bad outdated and still work 100%. So it's just about try and error and reading the addon comments.

Why do you need any alts for Votans Minimap and HarvestMap? They both work properly fine and performant.
    Also Votans Fisherman and Master Merchant work perfetcly fine? What is your error message you will get?

I get the point that you ONLY refer to the outdated point , and this is nothing, as explained 10000 times in many many addon forums meanwhile since 2014 until today, you should worry about. Use the addons and if they work they work.
    Don't expect anything to always be bad or broken just because the stupid game checks tell you it is outdated!
    Or you do not seem to understand the libraries and how to install them.
    Or you use very outdated addons cotaining old libraries which break it. You can find many forum threads about removing embedded/bundled libraris for old addons e.g.
    But the addons you have mentioned above perfectly work fine, if you install the libs, enable the "allow outdated addons" checkbox and just use them :)

Nothing to say more, just install the libs, install the named addons, and try them. If you get any error message related to these addons (you can see by the error message telling you the path where the error happens -> e.g. live/AddOns/AddonName1/AddonName1.lua:<line number>) post them at www.esoui.com at the addon's comment of the addon where the error happens (and please include how to reproduce the error as well as it will help a lot to track the errors down and fix them), and search there in the same comments if anyone else reported it already + gives a workaround.