The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why aren't weapon furnishings still a thing yet?

Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
The lootable weapons and armor models laying around the game, why don't we have them for furnishings yet? We cant do weapon mounts or display cases like most NPC houses and Undaunted tents because of this.

Potential of making armor racks and weapon racks etc. and having iconic themes like "The Sword in the Stone" is huge.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, I'm surprised by this too.

Seems a bit weird that there aren't weapon racks in the game.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the weirdest thing about eso housing. This stuff I’d everywhere in game but not available for player housing. I don’t get it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved displaying my armor and weapons in Morrowind. I had mods, of course that changed all the textures. Anyway, I would collect everything. And lay it all out.

I would love to do the same here. Even I have to say, give up ever using the item again. Good way to use up weird traits.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And musical instruments, too.

I would LOVE to have a weapon rack in the home, or at least weapons as furnishings we can mount to the wall or lay on a table.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! I'm pretty sure we're getting a thread / question about this like one a month on the Housing Forum, lol. :lol:

eso-loadscreens.png

As to why they haven't released any yet, it's a mystery. Not only are there plenty of armor / weapon models and display stands in the base game already (like on the loading screens of houses specifically) :confused: , but the art team keeps making new weapon and armor models for the world, yet these aren't converted into Housing items... (while other, less-requested items are). So it really is a head-scratcher from a player perspective.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't understand that. Weapons and musical instruments are common in the wold, they even made a bunch of new models for the Bards College quest, and yet we cannot use them as housing items.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    There is a big drum and Gong (and more i'm sure) you can display and use thru the antiquities system. I also dug up a sword of some kind I can display, I think I have more, I haven't been in the game to check yet.