The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How are we supposed to use guild traders without 3rd party software?

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what's being suggested is an in-game alternative to sites like this one:
    https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade
    The idea is not to replace the guild traders, but rather to find out which ones have the item you're looking for.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you expect me to run around the entire world

Once you've done Belkarth and Mournhold you have accurate prices.

Edited by Sarousse on May 16, 2021 3:39PM
    Options
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Also i suggested a central guild trader listing, not an auction house.

[/quote]

So basically like a quest board except with all of the prices for various things at guild traders?
    they/them/theirs
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I think the trader systems in ESO is one of the best I have seen in the many MMO's I've played.

Yes, it is inconvenient. However, that inconvenience creates opportunity and makes it harder for players to monopolize the economy. It also encourages players to travel to the other cities which improves immersion by increasing the population within trading hubs. I can be fun seeing your friends, making new friends, and seeing ESO "celebs" while shopping the traders.

It introduces a new "merchant / trader" minigame. Bargain hunters will seek out the deals and make profit by selling in one of the more convenient trading hubs. The ESO trader bidding system takes millions of gold out of the ESO economy (each week) and creates prestige for guilds successfully winning bids in trading hubs.

If buying/selling is easier for you, then it's easier for the "flippers". I've been in games where endgame players with a lot of gold will play the market endgame. They would conveniently park a character by the auction house and buy up their favourite items and drive up the prices for everyone else. Yes, this happens in ESO but you can often still find deals if you are willing chase those deals. Personally, I like hearing my guild trader guildmates stories of how they were able to find a really good deal on something.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran out of Platinum today. Checked the Vvardenfell Guild Traders, then went to Deshan. I found some at 40 and bought a stack.

I could have trolled a large number of places for that, but I kinda know where the deals are. I could have fired up TTC, but I use that for large purchases only.
    Options
  • Faylestar
    Faylestar
    ✭✭✭
    The short answer is, if you arent using trade related addons where you can use those addons, you're always going to be at a significant disadvantage, at best.

Nestor wrote: »
    For 99% of the items in the game, you only need to shop one major trade hub

Thats a great way to never price things correctly.

As someone who regularly checks prices of motifs, certain crafting items, recipes, and certain overworld items, the only thing you figure out looking at one trade hub is what people are selling things for at that trade hub. The difference between prices in, say, Rimmen, Alinor, Wayrest, and Mournhold is generally massive.

Overall, I think the trader systems in ESO is one of the best I have seen in the many MMO's I've played.

Personally, GW2's system is the best, by a significant amount (would be better if you didnt have to talk to an npc to get your cash), and wish every MMO used that as the bare minimum for how to design a marketplace / AH / bazaar.
    Edited by Faylestar on May 16, 2021 6:34PM
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My mid tier trade guild, with a consistent spot in Alinor or similar cities,, has a requirement of 200k selling OR buying weekly requirement, OR 20k in raffle tickets.
    That's great locations at a completely reasonable, easily achievable reqs.
    Those guilds exist, you just have to find them.

That is not reasonable for a mid tier. Just saying. I am on pc, and most reasonable mid tiers are between 1k to 10k max donation, or raffle. A few high tiers can be had for 20k. I am in one high tier guild that strangely has no requirements but to be active.

For me, that's a couple motifs a week. I get more than that via normal raiding.
    And since it is a busy, full guild, I can do all my shopping there for mats, potions, and furnishings. It fits my needs absolutely perfect.
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about running around and doing some of your own groundwork instead of expecting things to be handed to you on a plate with a third party app?

Signed - the entire console community
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienMagi wrote: »

I don't expect you to do anything.

I doubt no one here has any expectations. All any of us can do is offer suggestions.

IF trading is a big deal to you, THEN join some good trading guilds.
    IF knowing accurate pricing is important to you AND you don't have or don't want to use TTC or MM or anything like that THEN start taking steps to get acquainted with pricing such as:
    -ask in guild or zone chat
    -start your own spreadsheet
    -ask particularly skilled members of trade guild
    -come here and ask the forums (and there are plenty of suggestions on this thread already)

IF you don't want to take action, but you just "want it to be better" THEN you are likely to be dissapointed
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [
    The bigger problem is that only people in big city trading guilds can actually sell anything reliably (because nobody has time to go around checking all of the small time traders), and membership in those guilds requires a huge commitment to trading (in either time or gold). This pretty much forces casual traders out of the seller side of the economy, which benefits the few people who like full-time trading, but hurts everybody else.

I'm a member of two guilds that regularly trade in big cities and neither one of them has any requirements of listings, monies or time.
    You and I clearly have different definitions of "reasonable" and "easily achievable". Remember, there are tons of players who only log in for a couple hours per week. They aren't farming 200k of stuff in that time, but they do occasionally get drops worth selling, and they're effectively locked out of the market.

I log in on weekends, 'cause I have a day job that runs 10 hour shifts. I mostly roleplay or chat with friends and I'm a very disorganized player.

I do occasionally get drops worth selling (or craft something worth selling) and due to my membership in the guilds noted above, I do just fine in selling. Probably most of what I sell is intricate items, trash potions and filled soul gems. There is an ebb and flow to demand and when I do sell, it's usually quite a few of them. Occasionally I'll sell mats (like around the anniversary/craft-fest) but mostly I'm a craftbagging hoarder.

I do enough that it's fun for me, and that's the point ... for me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After removing a few posts, we would like to remind everyone that while debates are natural, Baiting is against the Forum's Community Rules and generally non-constructive. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    How about running around and doing some of your own groundwork instead of expecting things to be handed to you on a plate with a third party app?

Signed - the entire console community

I would rather that they add the popular functionality in popular addons to the game itself.

The game clearly falls short when an addon is needed for key things.

I would LOVE to be able to have those spawn point markers I saw in some videos, for example, but I won't hold my breath waiting for them to be added to the PS4.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, but most of you still suggested that i check popular hubs for each item's worth, which still wastes many hours of my time.

I think ZOS really needs to incorporate a system that lets players *see* all guild trader listings in one place. And people need to keep asking for it or else we will forever rely on 3rd party software.

This also puts many people off from wanting to play the game, including a friend of mine who quit the game mainly for this reason (and for not having a class change token).

And to the people who claim that this would cause lag, no it wouldnt. The game already processes all the listing in real time constantly, and giving you a full list in one place should not affect latency or performance. There is a reason why all other MMOs can do this without any issues.

Many hours? With a hub location, all of the traders are in a, at most, 100 foot circle. In Windhelm you can arrive by wayshrine, walk ten feet past the drunk Nords at the fountain, and visit all the traders in another 30 feet. How desperate are you for gold that a fast look at one hub and a guess at a price that might be a hundred less than the pie in the sky wishful hope price that someone uploaded to TTC would ruin your game?

The problem on console is that that's all anyone does. The net result is that it really does take hours (mostly in loading screens) to find anything truly rare for sale, and trying to sell anything at a trader outside of a major hub is a waste of time.

This is particularly bad for potential sellers who don't want to become full time traders, because the trading guilds that will accept those people (i.e. without unreasonably high quotas or dues) don't have traders in major hubs.

Not really. Just a few minutes is all it takes to check the capital cities, even on console.

For the stuff I sell, I am also trying to buy the ones I don’t get from farming. I take a few minutes every other day to check prices and I already know what the range of prices is for those items.

It’s a game where I invest a little time every now and then and can make the most of the system. I know when a rare item is listed super cheap and can snag it up quick. I also know the lower and higher end prices and can price to sell.

Works very well for me.
    :)

You missed my point. What takes hours is trying to find rare items that can't reliably be found by only checking a few traders. I'm not talking about things like crafting/upgrade materials. I'm talking about things like rare motifs/recipes and gear from non-meta sets. (Note: This is from the perspective of someone who doesn't spend a lot of time trading. Yes, I could just check a smaller number of traders every day for a month, which I think might be what you're suggesting, but that just spreads the same time commitment out, rather than reducing it.)

The bigger problem is that only people in big city trading guilds can actually sell anything reliably (because nobody has time to go around checking all of the small time traders), and membership in those guilds requires a huge commitment to trading (in either time or gold). This pretty much forces casual traders out of the seller side of the economy, which benefits the few people who like full-time trading, but hurts everybody else.

Really. I'd better tell my guilds they can't sell anything reliably. None of my guilds have hub kiosks. Every single thing I've listed in my not a hub kiosk guild has sold. Even with my less than ambitious sporadic casual trading regime I've managed to bank over 7 million gold. That's after spending on motifs and basic improvement mats to do low level gear crafting for my guilds for free....and buying a few houses and stuff to put in them. But then, I set my own prices, and don't agonize over not having the same price as everyone else does. I might make a few gold less. Not a huge crisis; I can make more gold if I need it.

No huge commitment in time, or gold. I can't imagine how I could be more of a casual seller. The only people who think I'm being forced out of the economy are the people who are trying to convince as many people as possible that only the high-end, trading is the end game people have a hope of selling anything.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, but most of you still suggested that i check popular hubs for each item's worth, which still wastes many hours of my time.

I think ZOS really needs to incorporate a system that lets players *see* all guild trader listings in one place. And people need to keep asking for it or else we will forever rely on 3rd party software.

This also puts many people off from wanting to play the game, including a friend of mine who quit the game mainly for this reason (and for not having a class change token).

And to the people who claim that this would cause lag, no it wouldnt. The game already processes all the listing in real time constantly, and giving you a full list in one place should not affect latency or performance. There is a reason why all other MMOs can do this without any issues.

Many hours? With a hub location, all of the traders are in a, at most, 100 foot circle. In Windhelm you can arrive by wayshrine, walk ten feet past the drunk Nords at the fountain, and visit all the traders in another 30 feet. How desperate are you for gold that a fast look at one hub and a guess at a price that might be a hundred less than the pie in the sky wishful hope price that someone uploaded to TTC would ruin your game?

The problem on console is that that's all anyone does. The net result is that it really does take hours (mostly in loading screens) to find anything truly rare for sale, and trying to sell anything at a trader outside of a major hub is a waste of time.

This is particularly bad for potential sellers who don't want to become full time traders, because the trading guilds that will accept those people (i.e. without unreasonably high quotas or dues) don't have traders in major hubs.

Not really. Just a few minutes is all it takes to check the capital cities, even on console.

For the stuff I sell, I am also trying to buy the ones I don’t get from farming. I take a few minutes every other day to check prices and I already know what the range of prices is for those items.

It’s a game where I invest a little time every now and then and can make the most of the system. I know when a rare item is listed super cheap and can snag it up quick. I also know the lower and higher end prices and can price to sell.

Works very well for me.

You missed my point. What takes hours is trying to find rare items that can't reliably be found by only checking a few traders. I'm not talking about things like crafting/upgrade materials. I'm talking about things like rare motifs/recipes and gear from non-meta sets. (Note: This is from the perspective of someone who doesn't spend a lot of time trading. Yes, I could just check a smaller number of traders every day for a month, which I think might be what you're suggesting, but that just spreads the same time commitment out, rather than reducing it.)

Really. I'd better tell my guilds they can't sell anything reliably. None of my guilds have hub kiosks. Every single thing I've listed in my not a hub kiosk guild has sold. Even with my less than ambitious sporadic casual trading regime I've managed to bank over 7 million gold. That's after spending on motifs and basic improvement mats to do low level gear crafting for my guilds for free....and buying a few houses and stuff to put in them. But then, I set my own prices, and don't agonize over not having the same price as everyone else does. I might make a few gold less. Not a huge crisis; I can make more gold if I need it.

No huge commitment in time, or gold. I can't imagine how I could be more of a casual seller. The only people who think I'm being forced out of the economy are the people who are trying to convince as many people as possible that only the high-end, trading is the end game people have a hope of selling anything.

You have probably been playing longer than most of us. Even losing out on a lot of potential gain will help you gain gold over time, even if it is a very low amount.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @disintegr8

As OP wrote a couple above yours it’s not always alittle amount of work. If it’s something rare you then have to run around all Tamriel trying to find a guild selling it just to be able to have a foundation of what you should price it. It’s a messed up system and ZOS should have a way of checking prices in game that doesn’t require running through many different lands.
    Options
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <delete wrong thread>
    Edited by Kalik_Gold on May 18, 2021 1:27PM
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion

Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @disintegr8

As OP wrote a couple above yours it’s not always alittle amount of work. If it’s something rare you then have to run around all Tamriel trying to find a guild selling it just to be able to have a foundation of what you should price it. It’s a messed up system and ZOS should have a way of checking prices in game that doesn’t require running through many different lands.

My question was "why?"

Common sense plays a part, or it should. If you get a brand new motif that is in demand because "rare" (at the moment) and "new", so pricing it at 25 gold is not an intelligent idea. Pricing it at 5 million is also a bad idea. Picking a reasonable amount, even 250k, 200k, 175k would give you a hint of what buyers think its worth. How do you think the very first person who gets a new item/motif X gets a price? They have the first one; they could ask their guild " what would you be willing to pay for brand new item X?" Or they could decide to guess at a reasonable price and go with that.

Ever notice that new motifs or outfit pages the first hours of an event are 40k and up because there aren't a lot of them available yet? In a short time the prices drop, so anyone pricing their items for what the first one was will be disappointed when they don't sell. Unless you're trying to buy a limited time house, is there really any reason people would need to wring every last gold piece out of a sale? I don't think there's an achievement for being the richest being on Nirn, afaik.

Yes, I've been playing since early access. Until a year, maybe two years ago I never bothered selling anything. I had the rewards from quests, and tips from crafting. I didn't use much gold for anything but motifs, and those only when prices were low. And no, I didn't use TTC, because most of my shopping was done before it existed. I visited traders while I was doing quests.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faylestar wrote: »
    Personally, GW2's system is the best, by a significant amount (would be better if you didnt have to talk to an npc to get your cash), and wish every MMO used that as the bare minimum for how to design a marketplace / AH / bazaar.

The MP in GW2 tends to lag a lot, fails purchases for no reason, and the entire game is designed on having lower drop rates of things than we have in ESO.

IF the devs ever decided that ESO needs a central market, they would have to cut the drop rates of everything by 90%, and that would make the people who like getting stuff themselves very unhappy.

GW2 forces you to use the MP if you want to progress. ESO doesn't force anyone to use the guild traders. You can farm all but the rarest items yourself.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @disintegr8

That's really only applicable to new or rare items that you want to buy or sell while they are new or rare. To me, that running around is the price you have to pay for wanting to get in early on it.

My initial statement still stands, regardless of the item: buy or sell it for what you are happy to pay or list it for. If you are worried about selling too low, that is only greed talking, if you are worried about paying too much, that just means you're tight.

If you're a 'flipper' and complaining about having to do some work for your profit, then you deserve to get the runaround.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    Just ask for a price check in zone. Problem solved.

Cutting out the huge player base of guilds that do nothing but craft and trade is not the answer to you frustration with the long standing system.
    Edited by ForeverJenn on May 19, 2021 6:08AM
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that if people are leaving the game to go to an external resource online, perhaps that resource should have been IN the game in the first place.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    It seems to me that if people are leaving the game to go to an external resource online, perhaps that resource should have been IN the game in the first place.

Or not. There will always be extremely detail oriented people who want spreadsheets and minute details. For some people finding out someone managed to make 5 more gold on a transaction than they did is an insult and affront to their dignity. This is a game with trading included, not Trading Online With Elder scrolls backdrops. The external resource exists, the game can be played without it. As in fact it was, after the traders started and before MM and TTC were created. Players still traded, still made gold, and still found deals. If people want to do the spreadsheets and min/maxing to wring the last gold piece out of a deal, they can. No need to add more things that need to be tracked and calculated on the server.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A TTC like interface built directly into the game that still requires you to go to the actual kiosk seems like a perfect solution for everyone.

The most common argument of a central AH is that bots would come and flip the market through cornering or some such. But with this suggestion that would be no more possible than it is now with TTC.

This would help smaller out of the way traders immensely, while decentralizing the market from the 3 or 4 main hubs in the game.

The only ones who should have an issue with this would be the big guilds in the main cities since they are by far the most popular. However, their bids would undoubtedly become cheaper as well so who knows.

As to performance, if one guy on a private server (TTC) can make it work then it is reasonable to think ZoS could make it work too (sarcastic "but this is ZoS!" comments asside)
    Options
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I know this is another veiled "I want an auction house" thread. .

Wrong.

It is a central market search thread.

A central auction house would be a bad thing, a central market search would widen the audience for sellers, help buyers find things and get rid of some of the vendor bidding shtaco.

Everyone wins.

Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you have a choice to not use it you know ?, just go to random trader guild, search your item, and just look at the price there, copy it

will it be accurate?, probably not, but definitely doable without addon

TTC also not accurate, IN FACT, theres lot of false item price, item tend to artificially lowered/raised by player/bot, so i also not reccomended if you only rely on TTC, i use TTC as rought guideline, but also use MM as aggregation price from guild

Thats not the only issue here. When i get a rare purple motif or diagram that normally goes for 100k or 1 million on ttc, how would i know that without using an addon or the website?

Do you expect me to run around the entire world spending countless hours just to maybe find a couple traders with the same item just to find out the item isnt worth more than 100 gold?

yes. that is exactly what they expect you to do. waste 2 - 3 hours that you could be actually playing the game. and we have the staunch defenders, telling us this IS what ESO is all about. Its not about the story, or the quests, or the achievements - its all about making gold selling and buying.

I was in a guild I'll call BM. Was with them for Years. Didn't need any other trading guild. They had reasonable weekly cost. Then they had internal issue, major upheaval. we lost the trader for months. they told us what was happening. There would not be any dues for awhile. a lot of players left. I stayed with them. After several months they got things straightened out. got a trader. announced new requirements - one of which was they wanted everyone to have 30 items listed at all times.

I made the sales each week selling 60k - 100k of perfect roe. but I am not wasting all my resources just to keep 30 slots filled.

And then one day a couple of months ago - after sticking with them through the hard times - and making the required the weekly sales - .... I got kicked.

Its a wonderful system ( he said sarcastically)

:#
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    you have a choice to not use it you know ?, just go to random trader guild, search your item, and just look at the price there, copy it

will it be accurate?, probably not, but definitely doable without addon

TTC also not accurate, IN FACT, theres lot of false item price, item tend to artificially lowered/raised by player/bot, so i also not reccomended if you only rely on TTC, i use TTC as rought guideline, but also use MM as aggregation price from guild

Thats not the only issue here. When i get a rare purple motif or diagram that normally goes for 100k or 1 million on ttc, how would i know that without using an addon or the website?

Do you expect me to run around the entire world spending countless hours just to maybe find a couple traders with the same item just to find out the item isnt worth more than 100 gold?

yes. that is exactly what they expect you to do. waste 2 - 3 hours that you could be actually playing the game. and we have the staunch defenders, telling us this IS what ESO is all about. Its not about the story, or the quests, or the achievements - its all about making gold selling and buying.

I was in a guild I'll call BM. Was with them for Years. Didn't need any other trading guild. They had reasonable weekly cost. Then they had internal issue, major upheaval. we lost the trader for months. they told us what was happening. There would not be any dues for awhile. a lot of players left. I stayed with them. After several months they got things straightened out. got a trader. announced new requirements - one of which was they wanted everyone to have 30 items listed at all times.

I made the sales each week selling 60k - 100k of perfect roe. but I am not wasting all my resources just to keep 30 slots filled.

And then one day a couple of months ago - after sticking with them through the hard times - and making the required the weekly sales - .... I got kicked.

Its a wonderful system ( he said sarcastically)

:#

So....what you're saying is blindly staying with a guild that had dues and sales requirements and much internal drama that caused the loss of a trader and huge membership turnover and restructuring that led to even more strict requirements was not a good idea? Why would a gold focused trading guild with requirements and a large membership turnover make exceptions just because someone was a member forever? The requirements weren't met.

What makes the "wonderful system" problematic for the people who chose guilds with no dues and no sales requirements, who consistently get traders? I've been with one guild since early access. We usually get a trader. The only requirement is log in once every 2 weeks. If some RL issue comes up and I can't log in, and can't get a message to an officer to let them know, I expect to be kicked. I also know I can come back after my computer/is issues are fixed when a slot opens. Maybe I found good guilds. Personally, my personal opinion, my viewpoint, speaking for no one else, I do think it's a wonderful system.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just walk up to my trade hub and look for anyone else selling the item. Then list it for that price unless I think they are way off base.
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Works very well for me.

According to your profile you play on PC, which has TTC to help people find items at non-hub traders. I'm talking about console, where no equivalent addon exists.

On console, it's virtually impossible to sell anything at non-hub traders because 99.9% of buyers don't have the time to travel all over the place checking every trader on Nirn. Because there aren't any addons, people just check a hub or two and either buy what they want there or give up because it's not for sale at any of the less than 20 traders they checked.

The whole arrangement is bad for sellers because they need to invest in a high end guild to effectively sell anything other than high-volume commodities at bargain-basement rates (which might sell to full-time traders who will buy low and resell at a hub trader), and it's bad for buyers because they can't effectively find anything if it's not commonly available at a hub trader.
    Options
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    I found a GOLD, DIVINES jerkin of VD

Completely off topic, but this is a great example of why using abbreviations/acronyms isn't always the best idea. In this instance, though, it was pure GOLD.

Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Faylestar wrote: »

The MP in GW2 tends to lag a lot, fails purchases for no reason, and the entire game is designed on having lower drop rates of things than we have in ESO.

IF the devs ever decided that ESO needs a central market, they would have to cut the drop rates of everything by 90%, and that would make the people who like getting stuff themselves very unhappy.

GW2 forces you to use the MP if you want to progress. ESO doesn't force anyone to use the guild traders. You can farm all but the rarest items yourself.

That does not sound like the "best" system to me.
    Options