The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are Vet DLC HM Pledges Worth It?

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I've only managed to clear a few veteran dlc hard mode pledges in all the years I've played ESO. And in my opinion the rewards are not worth. Can I get a few second opinions?
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you mostly pug, and are just doing it for the keys, then I would say just the older dlc worth it, since there is little difference in terms of difficulty (WGT, ICP, CoS, and a few others).

For Dragonbones DLC forward, HM can be a bit challenging, and the time spent for just another key doesn't compensate. On the other hand, if you are on premade group or you got a very good pug, some HM can be interesting as they have guaranteed motif drop, but thats it, only for eventual motifs and/or nice titles, never for pledges per se.

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caesarvs wrote: »
    Assuming you mostly pug, and are just doing it for the keys, then I would say just the older dlc worth it, since there is little difference in terms of difficulty (WGT, ICP, CoS, and a few others).

For Dragonbones DLC forward, HM can be a bit challenging, and the time spent for just another key doesn't compensate. On the other hand, if you are on premade group or you got a very good pug, some HM can be interesting as they have guaranteed motif drop, but thats it, only for eventual motifs and/or nice titles, never for pledges per se.

Perfect answer!

It depends on your group more than anything else. VetHMs are worth it IF you've got a capable group that can clear 'em without much problem, otherwise the struggle can range from "well, I guess that wasn't so bad..." to "WHY ARE WE BORN, ONLY TO SUFFER?!"

If you're rolling the dice with random groups, then you have to gauge by the time you get to the boss if they're up to snuff for extra challenge or not. Like @caesarvs said, I only attempt HMs with randoms on the easier ones most of the time. Every now and they you'll get the odd PUG that makes a vDLC-HM boss fight look like a Delve boss, but it's rare.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    So it sounds like post for most DLC dungeons the pledge becomes a SLIGHT bonus for completing them then. I mostly run pledges for transmutation stones, or try to.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    So it sounds like post for most DLC dungeons the pledge becomes a SLIGHT bonus for completing them then. I mostly run pledges for transmutation stones, or try to.

If you do it for transmutes, then its absolutely not worth hard mode. You are guaranteed 5 stones versus the random 3-5 stones for a non-HM vet run.

Honestly, you're better off doing a random normal for transmutes.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on your goals. If you want transmutes, do random normal. If you want keys, just do the 2 easy ones again on an alt. If you want gear, farm it on normal. If you want the helm, do it on vet, non hard mode.

The only reason to pug vet HM DLC pledges is for the challenge. If you're into that sort of thing, go nuts. If you're trying to earn your rewards in an efficient manner, it will not likely work out better than other options. If you have a premade group, things may become a bit different, especially if you know your group can handle the extra challenge in a timely manner.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not worth it
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah would agree that if you're relying on party finder tool and want transmutes mostly it's surely not worth your time and effort.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    It seem most people think that the scale of the rewards for vet HM DLC pledges do not mach the difficulty. Hopefully a future update will include an increased amount of stones and keys.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seem most people think that the scale of the rewards for vet HM DLC pledges do not mach the difficulty. Hopefully a future update will include an increased amount of stones and keys.

ZOS responded to this concern a while back and I wish I knew the exact quote but their reasoning is that You can get 4 keys easily enough from the first two pledges and a 5th key without too much issue, but if you want that sixth key, it will cost you time and effort to maximize your gains for the day. Basically diminishing returns. The first few keys are very easy, but if you want all 6, it will cost you.

ZOS forgot that this game allows you to play more than one character and the diminishing returns don't factor for players that have alts. They could get 50+ keys a day without ever touching a vet HM pledge.
  • Russvaj
    Russvaj
    ✭✭
    I've only managed to clear a few veteran dlc hard mode pledges in all the years I've played ESO. And in my opinion the rewards are not worth. Can I get a few second opinions?

most people that played this game for longar than few months dont really need the keys anymore and as for myself i like the challange they provide and how they increase my undaunted on my alts by just completing them

i am playing this game for 2 months now and have every monster set i need for my 2 DD with 25 keys in the bank even tho it took me about 20 tries for light zaans to drop and mostly only do DLC pledges with my guild or with my real team if we manage to get all together my team is more likley to try and try again untill we finish the hard mode itself or untill someone has to go to i dont need for them to reward me anything it would still be enough for me to try and complete DLC's hard modes but getting them as pledges makes things easier of whitch dungeon shall we pick today
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most pugs couldn’t clear a vet DLC HM in my experience- a lot struggle through the non HM and a few just aren’t going to clear.

For HM pledges and their rewards, I just stick to base game vet dungeons. Generally, they are quick and easy.

Vet DLC HMs are left for when I luck into a great pug.
    Edited by AndyMac on May 18, 2021 9:49PM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you run dungeons solely for the rewards, then DLC HMs are not worth it. If you run dungeons because you enjoy dungeons, then it definitely is worth it.
  • Argonianv2
    Besides pledges, they are good for acknowledging mechanics. Each dungeon has unique mechanics but some of them are moved to new dungeons/trials.

On your free time, do your group up and explorer them. Some of them are fun, some really need communication.; like Lair of Maarselok & Moongrave Fane.
    Taunts-Like-Permablock
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    HM on vet DLCs are at least for the later DLCs only useful for the challenge. Even getting a pug that is likely to be able to do it is very rare... Once did fang lair with a pug, but they were really into the challenge and didn't mind taking the time needed to get it done. But that's a rare exception. In pledges most pugs just want to get it over with and have zero staying power.