The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Addressing the “bear” in the room. (Wild guardian)

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
I took a few notes as I was building up my stamina warden, as it turns out, despite being decked out for max stamina, weapon damage and the like(cp skills included.), eternal guardians magic damage is slightly higher than the physical damage of the wild guardian morph despite the description of the wild guardians “new effect” clearly stating: Increases the damage and converts it into physical damage. even when built for a high-end stamina build.

I know ultimate skill damage scales to your highest stat, but in that regard, Wild guardian should get something a little better to put it on par with eternal guardian damage wise. And yes, the winters embrace passive “piercing cold” is just as guilty of making eternal guardian more powerful than wild guardian when built from the stamina spectrum.

TL:DR: Bump up wild guardian a little or give it a buff to put it on par with eternal guardian. Because that small difference in damage between the two will allow for quicker kills from the Magicka side of things “in addition to the 1 minute resurrection on being killed mechanic.”
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here for the bears blocking merchants and craft tables. Thats the real "bear" in the room.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I came here for the bears blocking merchants and craft tables. Thats the real "bear" in the room.

Have you ever been in a learner trial with a bear warden? Every time you try to explain the mechs, the bear is always causing trouble...
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took a few notes as I was building up my stamina warden, as it turns out, despite being decked out for max stamina, weapon damage and the like(cp skills included.), eternal guardians magic damage is slightly higher than the physical damage of the wild guardian morph despite the description of the wild guardians “new effect” clearly stating: Increases the damage and converts it into physical damage. even when built for a high-end stamina build.

I know ultimate skill damage scales to your highest stat, but in that regard, Wild guardian should get something a little better to put it on par with eternal guardian damage wise. And yes, the winters embrace passive “piercing cold” is just as guilty of making eternal guardian more powerful than wild guardian when built from the stamina spectrum.

TL:DR: Bump up wild guardian a little or give it a buff to put it on par with eternal guardian. Because that small difference in damage between the two will allow for quicker kills from the Magicka side of things “in addition to the 1 minute resurrection on being killed mechanic.”

i think it would be cool if the wild guardian's heavy attack did a bleed DoT instead of just increasing the damage done with it, just to seperate them a little. honestly, wardens damage skills need to be looked at. there are so few of them, and dive just has really poorly designed effects, trading some of those raw damage effects away can balance it, since we already have so many to compensate for how badly the class is actually designed from a damage dealer's perspective.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 11, 2021 3:05PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does need something. Right now there's practically no difference except physical vs. magic damage between the morphs.
    Edited by Fennwitty on May 11, 2021 4:05PM
    PC NA
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The discrepancy in tooltips is likely because Wardens have a passive that increases Magic Damage by 10%.

There is no corresponding damage buff to Physical Damage.

Since ultimates use your highest stats the tooltip is being calculated using your Martial-type stats but then converted into Magic Damage for the morph and then boosted by the passive 10%.
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the old warden winter's embrace passives: Piercing Cold – Increases your Physical and Frost Damage by 6%.

Outdated warden here (2017): https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26009

Changed to: Piercing Cold - Increase your Magic and Frost Damage by 10%.

So yeah, a buff to wild guardian would be nice.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the old warden winter's embrace passives: Piercing Cold – Increases your Physical and Frost Damage by 6%.

Outdated warden here (2017): https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26009

Changed to: Piercing Cold - Increase your Magic and Frost Damage by 10%.

So yeah, a buff to wild guardian would be nice.

i think it would be cool if, they (firstly) swapped some or all of warden's animal companions skills to frost damage and really just worked on the design of the class since it's just really held up by passive raw damage at the moment. this involves some other changes. and then after this, look at changing the raw damage passives and passive effects. change the magic damage bonus to be some effect for bleeds. after seeing cutting dive and growing swarm that's the direction i'm sure they want to go in, since no other class specializes in bleeds.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 12, 2021 6:34AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The discrepancy in tooltips is likely because Wardens have a passive that increases Magic Damage by 10%.

There is no corresponding damage buff to Physical Damage.

Since ultimates use your highest stats the tooltip is being calculated using your Martial-type stats but then converted into Magic Damage for the morph and then boosted by the passive 10%.

Already explained that a bit in the OP.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.