The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unarmed Skill Line

Mionikoi
Mionikoi
✭✭
I think this is a skill line that would make sense. But how would it work for armor sets? I think the 'easy' way is allowing unarmed to equip two extra rings in the main hand and off hand. It saves from having to create entirely new assets.

So that leaves skills. I see three ways of doing things.

Skills

Five active, four passives, one ultimate. Standard class\Weapon style.
All Passives, like the Thieves Guild skill line.
1 active, 5-7 Passives Armor skill lines.

What role would unarmed use?

I would think unarmed could be an incredibly in your face DPS or an alternative tank skill line to sword and board. It could have several interrupts and crowd control based off of the martial arts of the kajiit adepts, or as simple as Nord brawlers.

It could even have race based attributes. Kajiit and Argonians having claws. Nords and orcs tending to be big and brawny. Breton, Imperial, Red Guards, and Mer could have their own tricks.

What would combat look like? A lot more light and heavy attacks I think. Kicks might be a good stun for smaller and medium enemies. Passives might gear towards taunts, maneuvering, damage output, agility.

I don't see un armed as a healing role. But I would be happy to hear what others might think.
Edited by Mionikoi on May 10, 2021 3:23PM
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d pimp 4 rings!

Maybe they could add a mythic Ring of Face Bludeoning which adds 450 weapon and spell damage 3500 stam and mag and causes a 7000 damage nosebleed over 3.5 sec.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    I love the New Moon Flame adepts' skills (except when used by Ri'Atahrashi's students...) something similar would be a lot of fun as a new skill line. It's both martial and magic based. I'd be fine either with that or a true martial fist skill line. Hell, they could even make every skill have 1 stamina and 1 magicka morph, covering both routes with 1 skill line.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • Mionikoi
    Mionikoi
    ✭✭
    Racials could also effect unarmed skill line?

And for that matter, werewolves and Vampires?

What about how and what armor you have slotted. I imagine passive for unarmed would help dictate damage output, resistance, as well as maneuverability.
    I love the New Moon Flame adepts' skills (except when used by Ri'Atahrashi's students...) something similar would be a lot of fun as a new skill line. It's both martial and magic based. I'd be fine either with that or a true martial fist skill line. Hell, they could even make every skill have 1 stamina and 1 magicka morph, covering both routes with 1 skill line.

Since you brought that up, what way do you think would be a good way to balance that?
    Edited by Mionikoi on May 10, 2021 8:14PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been wanting unarmed since Elsweyr. Played unarmed Khajiit runs in skyrim, fun times.

Ri Atahrashi also has come cool moves. His counter stance where he meditates and kicks you in any direction as a counter would be amazing to use.

With those moves and the adept's flame shield reflect counter stance I could see unarmed being mobile with flying kicks but has counter stances to keep opponents guessing.

Would main instantly. Always been jealous of their martial arts. Cat brawler would be the only thing I play.
    Edited by Ryuvain on May 11, 2021 10:21AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.