Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I bought a house!

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
My son got me steam gift cards for mother's day so I could buy crowns and buy a house. I bought Alinor Crest Townhouse furnished. I figured out how to do video so I walked it so I could have before and after pics. I'm jazzed.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

Have fun furnishing it.

Hint, Essential Housing Tools, made by a ZOS Dev, will help you.
    Edited by Nestor on May 9, 2021 11:10PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Congrats!

Have fun furnishing it.

Hint, Essential Housing Tools, made by a ZOS Dev, will help you.

Thanks. I have them and I've played with them but I think I need a how to video for the finer points.
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the slow spiral. Housing is an extremely fun aspect of ESO. I have spent countless hours farming gold to hunt for furniture on auction houses, luxury furnishing vendors, crown deals for crown furniture, hunting down antiquities for furniture, leveling crafting and learning recipes for furniture. It goes on.

No MMO has housing as good as ESO, and the new pathable NPCs can really make the place come alive. Im excited to be able to use our Companions as Houseguests in Blackwood, meaning I can customize their outfits for my home.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy, soon you'll be making your custom fireplaces, kitchens, and aquariums.

Then you'll be posting about why you can't have more furnishing slots. lol
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    LeonAkando wrote: »
    Welcome to the slow spiral. Housing is an extremely fun aspect of ESO. I have spent countless hours farming gold to hunt for furniture on auction houses, luxury furnishing vendors, crown deals for crown furniture, hunting down antiquities for furniture, leveling crafting and learning recipes for furniture. It goes on.

No MMO has housing as good as ESO, and the new pathable NPCs can really make the place come alive. Im excited to be able to use our Companions as Houseguests in Blackwood, meaning I can customize their outfits for my home.

I know what you mean. I spent hours trying to see which house I was going to make my first purchase. I made an spread sheet listing all the good or bad things about every house, where it was, cost, so I could narrow it down. I've already decided that in June my next house will be the Water's Edge house.

I bought the townhouse furnished but I don't think I'll do that with the Water's Edge house.

This is already so much fun!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My son got me steam gift cards for mother's day so I could buy crowns and buy a house. I bought Alinor Crest Townhouse furnished. I figured out how to do video so I walked it so I could have before and after pics. I'm jazzed.
    Congrats on your first house! :blush: 🎉 (And happy Mothers' Day!)
    Alinor Crest is a great first pick, it has many individual rooms and a garden, but it's not that ginormous.
    Water's Edge will be pretty as well, it's a cosy city living property! :smile:
    Hope you'll enjoy furnishing your houses, and be sure to post pictures / videos when you're done!
    LeonAkando wrote: »
    Im excited to be able to use our Companions as Houseguests in Blackwood, meaning I can customize their outfits for my home.
    @LeonAkando Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't customize Companions as Houseguests. After you unlock your (customisable but can't-place-in-houses) Companion, and fulfil their quests, you'll get a non-customisable Houseguest version that you can place. They will wear a preset costume (Bastian wears the Rumare Waterfront Casual Wear, and Mirri wears Arvel's Ashland Attire).

• MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bridgetrose ESO housing can be fun.

I saw your other post on an attunable crafting station and so I think you may be quite new to all this.

I have bought three houses with crowns because it was the only way I could get them. Just a recommendation, but for houses like Alinor Crest Townhouse where the option exists I recommend using in game gold (if you have it) and saving your crowns for the very expensive house guests or other features you may want that can add to the housing experience.

To acquire gold you could make a Khajiit character and steal gold. If you have ever owned a cat you know they don't consider stealing a crime.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the "Not enough slots" club, you will love your time here :)
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »

I saw your other post on an attunable crafting station and so I think you may be quite new to all this.

I have bought three houses with crowns because it was the only way I could get them. Just a recommendation, but for houses like Alinor Crest Townhouse where the option exists I recommend using in game gold (if you have it) and saving your crowns for the very expensive house guests or other features you may want that can add to the housing experience.

To acquire gold you could make a Khajiit character and steal gold. If you have ever owned a cat you know they don't consider stealing a crime.

I had steam money leftover so I'm going to try and wait till crowns go on sale again before I buy more. Gold for me seems to be harder to come by.
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    congratulations — so happy for you xoxo
    please enjoy every bit of it ♡
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had steam money leftover so I'm going to try and wait till crowns go on sale again before I buy more. Gold for me seems to be harder to come by.

If you have a bunch of L50 Alts, Crafting Writs are an efficient way to make gold. Otherwise you can roll up a bunch of L3 Scrubs, turn them into Street Urchins and park them in place like the Daggerfall Docks or Orsinium or other container rich/NPC scarce areas. With the first Fencing Passive, you can gain 5000 to 10000 gold per character, per day. Lots of cheap furniture in the NPC Merchants. Not sure about Guild Stores, I would imagine more of the expensive stuff is listed there, but I don't shop for furniture.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

If you have a bunch of L50 Alts, Crafting Writs are an efficient way to make gold. Otherwise you can roll up a bunch of L3 Scrubs, turn them into Street Urchins and park them in place like the Daggerfall Docks or Orsinium or other container rich/NPC scarce areas. With the first Fencing Passive, you can gain 5000 to 10000 gold per character, per day. Lots of cheap furniture in the NPC Merchants. Not sure about Guild Stores, I would imagine more of the expensive stuff is listed there, but I don't shop for furniture.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings

Thanks for the advice. I've resisted the urge to do alts. I played WoW for years and had so many alts I couldn't keep track of them. This though gives me a good reason to make a few. Plus who knows I may find a set up I like better. One thing I did with WoW that was probably not optimal to hold interest was I made most all my alts the same as my main. I never really branched out. On the upside I could have alts in different factions and gain some inn rooms so there is that.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note, if you load up some alts, pick one for each class in a complimentary race. And, then when you log into them buy some Riding Training for Speed each time. That way, if you ever want to do something different, you have a nice fast horse.