The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hate for Time Freeze

Lisa
Lisa
✭✭✭
I was running random dungeons and the team kicked me because I was using Time Freeze. Will someone please explain why they didn't want me using it? Does it disrupt tank's aggro?
Blessed are those who explore the unbeaten path...
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not directly but you're close.

Time Freeze is an AOE Stun. Stun is a type of 'hard' crowd control.

When you hit enemies with 'hard' crowd control, they become immune to most additional crowd control measures. This looks likes white swirls around their feet. For instance, Pulls won't work.

Tanks are generally expected to Pull enemies into easier to kill tight formations for the group's AOE damage abilities to hit them all at once. By giving a spread of random enemies temporary crowd control that means they stay where they are or can go wherever they want once the Stun ends, for several seconds.

They should have offered to explain a bit, it's not super clear from in-game prompts.
    PC NA
  • Lisa
    Lisa
    ✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Not directly but you're close.

Time Freeze is an AOE Stun. Stun is a type of 'hard' crowd control.

When you hit enemies with 'hard' crowd control, they become immune to most additional crowd control measures. This looks likes white swirls around their feet. For instance, Pulls won't work.

Tanks are generally expected to Pull enemies into easier to kill tight formations for the group's AOE damage abilities to hit them all at once. By giving a spread of random enemies temporary crowd control that means they stay where they are or can go wherever they want once the Stun ends, for several seconds.

They should have offered to explain a bit, it's not super clear from in-game prompts.

Thanks for the clarification. It's no big deal, it was a more challenging DLC dungeon and it's not my first time being kicked. I honestly thought it would be helpful, but I understand why the tank wasn't having any of it, and without voice chat, there's a lot he would have needed to type in chat. Good to know though.
    Blessed are those who explore the unbeaten path...
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes it *is* helpful having more than just the tank putting out hard crowd control. But only when the group coordinates about that kind of thing.

(Or when the tank's dead from ... other stuff.)
    PC NA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While what was said about crowd control above is true, it's also a really magicka-expensive skill that's pretty rare to see, and maybe not as helpful as other skills you could use. So it could be sort of a "um what is our healer doing" sort of thing, too. Which can be* worrying in a DLC dungeon.

There's obviously boss fights where AoE stunning adds is helpful—like Moonhunter Keep 3rd and final bosses.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on May 10, 2021 11:48PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner