The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Well I made a Precursor...now what?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Finally made this little tin machine after hours of running around.

I thought it would be a light weight target dummy. No.

I can attack it with some skills, but no Light or Heavy attacks?

So it is just a furnishing?

Suggestions (please add)

Make it do random animations
Let me name it
Wander around my house -do some sweeping!
Let me record my voice and let it greet me
Make it be my hireling
Make it do my daily crafting writs (If I have the mats)
Let me ride it around like a pony

Z
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you put it to close or to high to the ground. Then indeed, LA & HA are not possible.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a standard target dummy, all damage registers.

try placing it somewhere else, make sure it has a green glow when you place it
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless something broke recently it should work as a normal dummy. I echo ensuring it's placed correctly.
    PC NA
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, the really dummy has been pointed out..

Please continue this thread with full mockery direct at me.

(how do I not know how to place this thing???)

Tanks every1!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a solo PvE player, I use the Precursor and a 3M hp dummy. The 3M one is my standard for a 'real' dps check but the Precursor comes in handy to get a quick/rough read usually on one small tweak to see if my damage went up or down - to judge whether doing a 'real' dps check is worthwhile.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 9, 2021 11:50PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it was mockery, that issue happened to me as well with a 6MIL dummy.
    It looked like it was standing on the ground but attacks didn't register. I've discovered that on the XBOX I have to press the left stick to make sure that it touches the ground.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mockery, had the same issue.

Not everyone here is an expert in furnishing, so they might not know that the green glow is necessary for an item to works properly ;)