The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Other players advancing quests

brandon
brandon
✭✭✭✭
This has been an issue imo for a long time. I know this is an MMO and that other players are just part of the gig, but it's immensely frustrating that other players can advance MY quests. There's been a number of times where the quest objective is something like "kill x person," and before I can even get into a fight with them, my quest updates automatically because someone else in the area got to them first. That should never happen! Also frustrating when non-objective related but still unique quest related characters get killed and don't respawn for you.

Then I either have to move on without actually doing anything to achieve the quest progression or abandon and redo the quest to get the full experience.
Edited by brandon on May 8, 2021 11:04PM
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    One of the solution is if the quest bosses should be stronger, when it is abt them.

It happened to me when fighting 5 mobs and discovered that 1 of them was the boss. Same confusion, 0 enjoyment
    Edited by HyekAr on May 9, 2021 12:20AM
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truly hate when this happens. Have done "Of Ice and Death" in Western Skyrim couple days ago and another player managed to kill quest's final boss while my character was loading through the door. Never got even chance to lay my eye on the boss, hear any dialog, or anything. Bonus points for this quest being sort of continuation of quest "Long Journey Home" which I've done beforehand. Have hoped for some sort of conclusion, but nope, only disappointment :disappointed: .

Yeah , it's mmo - made my peace with having to compete with other players for everything - nodes, treasure chests, loot, chance to fight world /delve bosses, etc. But for chance to experience the story? C'mon, ZOS!