The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP/PK system everywheare?

HyekAr
HyekAr
✭✭✭
Hi,
I came up with this idea when I was opening a chest, and some smarty guy just came and took it from me.

So it would be nice have the OPEN WORLD FIGHTING SYSTEM, I would just kill him as punishment.

And I am sure that there is ppl who would like to just go and kill ppl get PK points.

Also it could be a daily quest, find some "killer"- like if ONE killed someone so he could appear in the map and other players could just go and catch him for reward. (Similar to when U steal something and the guards catch U).
Edited by HyekAr on May 8, 2021 6:51PM
  • Janus_Cruenti
    Janus_Cruenti
    ✭✭✭
    While some sort of PvP in a crime system would be nice (if well done), what you suggest would end up in killing the fun for many people. Besides that most players are not interested in PvP anyway (which would be mandatory to a degree in your suggestion), it would also mean that every player doing open world acitivites would have to either group up or make a PvP build. The thing that a killer could be marked for other players sounds good a first, but if you ever played against an almost unkillable necro-tank in PvP that can survive against a small group easily, you will see that this isn't a solution.

If you want to intriduce open world PvP do not force it on player. There could be an incentive to participate in it (for example: you can actively signing up as Guard mercanary which means you could target and get targeted by wanted players).

But since the PvP community in general is relatively small in ESO compared to the questers/PvEers, I doubt that such a system will ever by implemented.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. I enjoy PVP in zones designed for it, but I prefer not to get ganked while doing my crafting writs, shopping at a guild trader, or dying on a wayshrine before I've even loaded into a zone. Because you know that's exactly what would happen.

If you want to express your displeasure with someone who's chest-sniping, may I suggest that you mudball them once, and then move on with your life? That works for me, and I'm off to the next node/chest.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 8, 2021 11:28PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bless Unleashed had open PvP; they had to change it almost immediately. The amount of grieving was unreal
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 8, 2021 10:04PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    While some sort of PvP in a crime system would be nice (if well done), what you suggest would end up in killing the fun for many people. Besides that most players are not interested in PvP anyway (which would be mandatory to a degree in your suggestion), it would also mean that every player doing open world acitivites would have to either group up or make a PvP build. The thing that a killer could be marked for other players sounds good a first, but if you ever played against an almost unkillable necro-tank in PvP that can survive against a small group easily, you will see that this isn't a solution.

If you want to intriduce open world PvP do not force it on player. There could be an incentive to participate in it (for example: you can actively signing up as Guard mercanary which means you could target and get targeted by wanted players).

But since the PvP community in general is relatively small in ESO compared to the questers/PvEers, I doubt that such a system will ever by implemented.

Yes U right, mb if putiing loot system also, like killing a PK gives his belonging as a drop? So nobody would risk to be a PK, and lose his set or weap. And in case if that ONE would, probably would use not TOP things.. so the posibility of fight that person would arise (in case U mantioned)
    Edited by HyekAr on May 8, 2021 10:19PM
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. I enjoy PVP in zones designed for it, but I prefer not to get ganked while doing my crafting writs, shopping at a guild trader, or dying on a wayshrine before I've even loaded into a zone. Because you know that's exactly what would happen.

If you want to express your displeasure with someone who's chest-sniping, may I suggest that you mudball them once, and then move on with your life? That works for me, and I'm off the the next node/chest.

Sorry, i explained barellly my thoughts, I wouldnt mean the town or castle areas, or trading areas. Only out of this areas.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »

If you want to express your displeasure with someone who's chest-sniping, may I suggest that you mudball them once, and then move on with your life? That works for me, and I'm off the the next node/chest.

Sorry, i explained barellly my thoughts, I wouldnt mean the town or castle areas, or trading areas. Only out of this areas.

Because dying in AOEs while I'm loading into a delve, getting bombed at a dolmen, or getting ganked at a questgiver is so much better?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a-okay with that sort of thing happening in Cyrodiil. But, you know, I signed up for that in Cyrodiil. I queued up for a PvPvE zone. I expect it there.

But I don't care for that to be 100% of my game experience. Nor would most players. Overland PVE zones closely mirror the experience of the singleplayer Elder Scrolls games that made the successful franchise ESO is based on. We don't need to have multi-player PVP spilling out into areas where players didn't sign up to have other players interfere with their goals.

Nah, what we have is ideal: you can send that guy a duel request, and he can refuse it if he wants. Or whisper him something polite about being polite and considerate of others. Or just mudball him and move on. It gets the point across without drastically changing the gameplay for everyone who doesn't like open-world PVP mixed up with their single-player questing (and that's most ESO players.)
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I have read in the forums Zos already considered a PvP aspect for part of the PvE world of the game. In the end they balked at the idea and tossed it aside. I think that was a wise decision since it does not make sense to change the base design of the game to add open-world PvP everywhere unless there was a hard opt-out. I would expect they considered such a thing and realized how it has been abused in other games.

The big question I have is how did someone take a chest from you? I have never been able to interact with a chest when someone else was. If they fail then I suppose I do get a fair shot at the chest.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    From what I have read in the forums Zos already considered a PvP aspect for part of the PvE world of the game. In the end they balked at the idea and tossed it aside. I think that was a wise decision since it does not make sense to change the base design of the game to add open-world PvP everywhere unless there was a hard opt-out. I would expect they considered such a thing and realized how it has been abused in other games.

The big question I have is how did someone take a chest from you? I have never been able to interact with a chest when someone else was. If they fail then I suppose I do get a fair shot at the chest.

And the rule, first saw first take? Or when trying to take and someone is faster
    Edited by HyekAr on May 9, 2021 12:04AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And the rule, first saw first take? Or when trying to take and someone is faster

It seems the only rule that matters is if you unlock the chest you get the reward. I just checked in-game and if I interact and then release a chest there is a lockout of a few seconds before I can interact again. It would make sense that it is by design to give someone else a shot if the first player fails to pick the lock.

Granted, I respect the frustration in that situation.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I came up with this idea when I was opening a chest, and some smarty guy just came and took it from me.

So it would be nice have the OPEN WORLD FIGHTING SYSTEM, I would just kill him as punishment.

And I am sure that there is ppl who would like to just go and kill ppl get PK points.

Also it could be a daily quest, find some "killer"- like if ONE killed someone so he could appear in the map and other players could just go and catch him for reward. (Similar to when U steal something and the guards catch U).
    People would exploit that.... I mean even if this system would only allow to enable PvP if some one "stolen" a chest you have lock-picked, but not open - people would exploit that. They would open a chest and wait for a random player to pick it & then grief/bully him/her.

So rather a big nope here...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no "I saw it first, so its mine" rule. You don't own any chest or node until you've fully looted it. Anyone can compete with you (and you can compete with anyone).

The way chests and nodes work, the first person who interacts with the node can loot it or, with a chest, gets the chance to open it. If you fail to force lock or fail the lockpicking minigane, then the chest locks up for you, but someone else can interact with it and also gets a chance to open it. It's kind of annoying if someone is creeping over your shoulder hoping you fail the chest so they can try to grab it, but it happens. Eventually you just learn to perform under pressure, and laugh at them when you succeed and they slink off, disappointed.

Now, sometimes, you will appear to have interacted with a chest/node first, but then get a message like "someone else is using this node." What this means is that there's a delay between the server and your client. On your client-side you saw that you'd interacted first, but in reality, the server had already recognized the other person's input and so they get first crack at the node/chest. This can also impact the apparent position of players, so you might see someone who appeared to be behind you grab the node first - again, this is due to the delay between the server and your client failing to correctly show the position of the other player in relation to you. On their screen, it was probably you who came up behind them trying to grab the node. It's especially pronounced if the other player is running gear sets that boost speed like the Ring of the Wild Hunt, as many farming characters will.

If you get salty over someone being faster than you, well, personally, I laugh when people message me. I'm happy to share my running build (Darkstride + Cowards Gear isn't the fastest, but I can run for days). But complaining that I was faster than you? I learned to farm in the competition flower farms of the Hollow City, with sorts streaking past my ear to get to the next columbine. Just get faster and don't count your flowers before you've picked them.

I reserve my ire for the people who wait until I'm fighting the mobs that normally guard a node or chest and then, once I've safely drawn the aggro, nip in there to grab the chest/node. That's just rude, and worthy of a single mudball to show my disapproval. Then I'm off for the next node.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭

There is no "I saw it first, so its mine" rule. You don't own any chest or node until you've fully looted it. Anyone can compete with you (and you can compete with anyone).

The way chests and nodes work, the first person who interacts with the node can loot it or, with a chest, gets the chance to open it. If you fail to force lock or fail the lockpicking minigane, then the chest locks up for you, but someone else can interact with it and also gets a chance to open it. It's kind of annoying if someone is creeping over your shoulder hoping you fail the chest so they can try to grab it, but it happens. Eventually you just learn to perform under pressure, and laugh at them when you succeed and they slink off, disappointed.

Now, sometimes, you will appear to have interacted with a chest/node first, but then get a message like "someone else is using this node." What this means is that there's a delay between the server and your client. On your client-side you saw that you'd interacted first, but in reality, the server had already recognized the other person's input and so they get first crack at the node/chest. This can also impact the apparent position of players, so you might see someone who appeared to be behind you grab the node first - again, this is due to the delay between the server and your client failing to correctly show the position of the other player in relation to you. On their screen, it was probably you who came up behind them trying to grab the node. It's especially pronounced if the other player is running gear sets that boost speed like the Ring of the Wild Hunt, as many farming characters will.

If you get salty over someone being faster than you, well, personally, I laugh when people message me. I'm happy to share my running build (Darkstride + Cowards Gear isn't the fastest, but I can run for days). But complaining that I was faster than you? I learned to farm in the competition flower farms of the Hollow City, with sorts streaking past my ear to get to the next columbine. Just get faster and don't count your flowers before you've picked them.

I reserve my ire for the people who wait until I'm fighting the mobs that normally guard a node or chest and then, once I've safely drawn the aggro, nip in there to grab the chest/node. That's just rude, and worthy of a single mudball to show my disapproval. Then I'm off for the next node.

And how would U excuse when U open the chest, took some things, but bcz of not having place in th inventory, u start cleaning it, and some smarty comes and take those things? Also happened
    Edited by HyekAr on May 9, 2021 12:54AM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but as an optional thing.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And how would U excuse when U open the chest, took some things, but bcz of not having place in th inventory, u start cleaning it, and some smarty comes and take those things? Also happened

It's not yours, until you fully loot the chest. They aren't breaking any rules.

And I'd totally mudball that jerk, because even if it's not breaking any rules, that's still a rude thing to do. I still don't think that justifies adding PVP to all overland zones.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Yes, but as an optional thing.

Yes, ofcourse some turn on/off setting
    Edited by HyekAr on May 9, 2021 1:04AM
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭

It's not yours, until you fully loot the chest. They aren't breaking any rules.

And I'd totally mudball that jerk, because even if it's not breaking any rules, that's still a rude thing to do. I still don't think that justifies adding PVP to all overland zones.

Well, if not pvp/pk atleast there should be some kind of timing? Like 10 sec or something before other can take it
    Edited by HyekAr on May 9, 2021 1:04AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should have made resource drops bundled from the beginning. It would have solved *so* many problems. They still should. Resource gathering should not be a form of PvP.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland PvP was teased with the Justice System announcement. You could flag yourself with a town guard tabard and engage any players you catch in the act of thieving. I think you were supposed to earn a portion of their bounty in gold for the kill. Cat and mouse, a nightblade's minigame.

Would actually be hilarious to see this system today with necromancers in the game.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes U right, mb if putiing loot system also, like killing a PK gives his belonging as a drop? So nobody would risk to be a PK, and lose his set or weap. And in case if that ONE would, probably would use not TOP things.. so the posibility of fight that person would arise (in case U mantioned)

what you want is Runescape.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.